• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    mymymy.....someone is feelin' VERY defensive this mornin'. Have a feelin' the perp was high on something - when that's the case, a freakin' cannon ain't gonna do the job. Only hope there is to take out a joint in the legs....or the neck. Then again - since the .45 didn't stop him, the 9mm is gonna do any better?

bwahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Didn't say that. Pointed out that it's not a show stopper as you might like it to be. Luckily for me, I carry a gun that holds more than 8 rounds typically. :P

I guess you could say the 1911 is "naturally" Liberal compliant if you don't like the word "disadvantage" when speaking of its magazine capacity, or lack thereof.

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Didn't say that. Pointed out that it's not a show stopper as you might like it to be. Luckily for me, I carry a gun that holds more than 8 rounds typically. :P

Sonny, the show ain't over 'til he's down. If he needs more, he'll git 'em. 9mm have high-cap mags 'cuz ya'll ALREADY know yer gonna need 'em.

I guess you could say the 1911 is "naturally" Liberal compliant if you don't like the word "disadvantage" when speaking of its magazine capacity, or lack thereof.

You could.....or, you could simply realize that the .45 is more naturally likely ta stop the threat sooner. Go ahead - be honest with yourself....you like the 9mm 'cuz ya think quantity beats size. Yer girlfriend wasn't lyin' when she told you you were wrong.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX

Mozambique drills were created for this problem. Heck .45 is also a response to this phenomenon.

Faced with a hopped up perp advancing on me or any other innocent, give me 9x230grains. Yes, I'd be ok with 8.

However, I do leave the house with 7 124 grain hps on occasion in a 1911-faux. I'm not LE. I'm not a target. But, I'm not beyond dumping 124 geains through the back of the skull either.

If I'm called upon to make a choice to get involved, don't expect me to raise my hand and announce I got next.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Sonny, the show ain't over 'til he's down. If he needs more, he'll git 'em. 9mm have high-cap mags 'cuz ya'll ALREADY know yer gonna need 'em.

You could.....or, you could simply realize that the .45 is more naturally likely ta stop the threat sooner. Go ahead - be honest with yourself....you like the 9mm 'cuz ya think quantity beats size. Yer girlfriend wasn't lyin' when she told you you were wrong.

It always comes back to penis size with you .45 and 1911 guys. That's a pretty damn good indicator that you're lacking in the pants region, and now I can understand why you have to carry a big gun in order to feel more like an alpha male.

And for the record, that officer had to fire 33 rounds total that day. That's 5 magazine changes for your Holy 1911 and only 2 for me. But again, what does he know? It's not like he has any real experience or anything, you've owned 1911s your whole life and collect them.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It always comes back to penis size with you .45 and 1911 guys. That's a pretty damn good indicator that you're lacking in the pants region, and now I can understand why you have to carry a big gun in order to feel more like an alpha male.

And for the record, that officer had to fire 33 rounds total that day. That's 5 magazine changes for your Holy 1911 and only 2 for me. But again, what does he know? It's not like he has any real experience or anything, you've owned 1911s your whole life and collect them.

Well, because it's the only thing you 9nominal fanboys seem to equate to....."I can carry 20 bazillion rounds vs your 7/8/9". Shucks, son - we know what we can do with what we've got.....no need ta git all worked up over it like ya'll do. 33 rounds? Nope, sorry - 3 mags changes. Guess math ain't yer strong suite either, eh?

And some of us HAVE yanked the tail off the tiger, sonny-boy.....an' in some cases have the scars to prove it.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Well, because it's the only thing you 9nominal fanboys seem to equate to....."I can carry 20 bazillion rounds vs your 7/8/9". Shucks, son - we know what we can do with what we've got.....no need ta git all worked up over it like ya'll do. 33 rounds? Nope, sorry - 3 mags changes. Guess math ain't yer strong suite either, eh?

And some of us HAVE yanked the tail off the tiger, sonny-boy.....an' in some cases have the scars to prove it.

That 3'' 1911 you carry has 11 rounds in the magazine?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    That 3'' 1911 you carry has 11 rounds in the magazine?

Try to stay with me here......you can even move your lips if needed.......

Start with (1) 8-round mag in the gun, 1 in the tube. Shoot 'til lock-back, reload w/8-round mag (that's one reload an' 17 rounds). Empty, repeat (that's two reloads, an' 25 rounds). Empty, repeat - that's 3 reloads an' 33 rounds.

That ends yer math lesson for today.

The next subject: Why 9mm fans suck at math.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I shouldn't have said magazine reloads. Magazines total would suffice. If you don't include the one chambered, which I should've, you would be at 4 magazines. So yes, you're right.

But with that corrected, I would have one mag reload.

/shrug

Either way. Shoot 'em in the pinky; make their head explode from the sheer violence and power of .45acp. That's the lesson for today kiddos.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX

Your obsession with my natural package concerns me. If you really want to find out, there are ways. I will bet you wouldn't like either that come to mind - too easy.

And, for the record, unless the perp was wearing an AR500 ski mask - he shoulda been finished in 3 shots.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Your obsession with my natural package concerns me. If you really want to find out, there are ways. I will bet you wouldn't like either that come to mind - too easy.

And, for the record, unless the perp was wearing an AR500 ski mask - he shoulda been finished in 3 shots.

Shoulda coulda woulda, but that officer almost lost his life because of the .45acp>All mentality.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    For the record, since this is the internet and things can be taken the wrong way, I have no hard feelings towards anyone I've argued/am arguing with. If I come across as angry or aggravated, I'm not.

I am fully capable of realizing that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. lol

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom