• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    PP, all the Glockboys do this from time to time when they've run out of plastic polish and are needing something to do to pass the time and make them look intelligent. They google anything negative about .45's an' then post it up.

Sometimes, ya just gotta overlook the idjits.
    Hurley's Gold

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lol, worst case against. .40 I've ever read.

He could have at least used its ballistic qualities or snappy recoil as a basis.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Ok. i hope nobody get's butt hurt here, but honestly this is the dumbest thing i've ever read.. talking about the "test'. and i'm going to quote them here. "Some shooters have noted that quality modern pistols will not pass this test".. that says it all right there.. It's not the way the 1911 was designed to fire, and other pistols do not pass the test either..

Lets have basic logic here.. It's all about how many FTF, or FTE you have per 1K rounds.. Thats the only way to compare apple to apple as opposed to oranges.. i have no doubt that the Glocks and B 92's all function as designed... So does that 1911.. I'm not sure it was Uncle Johns best design, guessing behind the P-35 hi power, and the humpback 5/ Rem 1100, and the old Ma Deuce maybe.. but don't come up with some foolish test that others can't pass as well..

In closing.. run them side by side and see which ones have the most FTF and FTE.. i know you can limp wrist a glock easy, and also have issues with it's mag release. i bet regardless of the test if you use the magazine as intended to put a round in battery that 1911 is not going to be any more failure prone than any other gun...

The 10-8 Extractor Test was not designed to be a test that was impossible to pass in order to highlight the reliability of guns such as the Glock. So that's irrelevant.

As stated on that site,

Having a magazine in the pistol supports the empty case during extraction and ejection phase of the cycle of operation, which can mask issues such as poor extractor tension or geometry.

Also, when I read the article I see what they're saying. However, if I do that see no evil hear no evil business, it would appear most of you are doing, I could see where you 1911-Jesus followers are coming from too.

They list it pretty plain as day what the point of this is.

Having a magazine in the pistol supports the empty case during extraction and ejection phase of the cycle of operation, which can mask issues such as poor extractor tension or geometry.

Last edited:

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    PP, all the Glockboys do this from time to time when they've run out of plastic polish and are needing something to do to pass the time and make them look intelligent. They google anything negative about .45's an' then post it up.

Sometimes, ya just gotta overlook the idjits.

Yeah, we go and find a well established test that measures the functionality of the extractor on a 1911 and hurt the feelings of every 1911 owner on TGT.

Also, no one needed to google anything about .45. You're the one who said it was a one-hitter-quitter, and you loved it because you didn't want to shoot 'em twice, when we alllllllllllllllllllllll know that is not the case.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah, we go and find a well established test that measures the functionality of the extractor on a 1911 and hurt the feelings of every 1911 owner on TGT.

Also, no one needed to google anything about .45. You're the one who said it was a one-hitter-quitter, and you loved it because you didn't want to shoot 'em twice, when we alllllllllllllllllllllll know that is not the case.

Ain't hurtin' my feelings none.....that would require me ta care 'bout what folks what think 9mm's are good for carry think......

An' glad to see that you finally realize that while perfect, a finish shot IS sometimes required w/a .45 - usually 'cuz yer shootin' some poor bastard with a 9mm that is too dumb ta know when they're dead.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Ain't hurtin' my feelings none.....that would require me ta care 'bout what folks what think 9mm's are good for carry think......

An' glad to see that you finally realize that while perfect, a finish shot IS sometimes required w/a .45 - usually 'cuz yer shootin' some poor bastard with a 9mm that is too dumb ta know when they're dead.

Yeah, I guess I can say the same about people who try and rely on their 1911 to indicate how "alpha" they are.

As for your argument on how superior .45 is, because it's just ah-so damn powerful, I guess it didn't pan out for this guy the way it would normally pan out for you eh?

Why one cop carries 145 rounds of ammo on the job

At the core of his desperate firefight was a murderous attacker who simply would not go down, even though he was shot 14 times with .45-cal. ammunition — six of those hits in supposedly fatal locations.

Before the shooting, Gramins routinely carried 47 rounds of handgun ammo on his person, including two extra magazines for his Glock 21 and 10 rounds loaded in a backup gun attached to his vest, a 9 mm Glock 26.Now unfailingly he goes to work carrying 145 handgun rounds, all 9 mm. These include three extra 17-round magazines for his primary sidearm (currently a Glock 17), plus two 33-round mags tucked in his vest, as well as the backup gun. Besides all that, he’s got 90 rounds for the AR-15 that now rides in a rack up front.

But hey, what does that guy know right? He wasn't using a 1911 either, and maybe that was why his bullets didn't work.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    All this talk is like comparing a .177 cal pellet to a .22 cal pellet out of a Beeman air rifle. Jeez... my grandmother could take a hit from either of those two anemic cartridges and still have enough gumption to finish baking her apple pie before she reaches for a bandaid. Now you guys want a REAL man's gun here it is...

600holdgun.jpg

My gramma was hit by one and she actually had to sit down and catch her breath. Still finished her apple pie afterwards though.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....apple pie.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah, I guess I can say the same about people who try and rely on their 1911 to indicate how "alpha" they are.

As for your argument on how superior .45 is, because it's just ah-so damn powerful, I guess it didn't pan out for this guy the way it would normally pan out for you eh?

Why one cop carries 145 rounds of ammo on the job

mymymy.....someone is feelin' VERY defensive this mornin'. Have a feelin' the perp was high on something - when that's the case, a freakin' cannon ain't gonna do the job. Only hope there is to take out a joint in the legs....or the neck. Then again - since the .45 didn't stop him, the 9mm is gonna do any better?

bwahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Top Bottom