• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Back about a year ago when I only had 2 1911s, I carried a .22 1911 for a week while I waited on my 45 slide to come back. I didn't feel a bit under gunned with 17+1 .22 caliber projectiles I could sling at 2100 FPS.

I hadta put it away at the range once 'cause the poor lady learn'n to shoot in the next lane got heart palpations. There is something to be said for a .22 that soaks every wall in a 2 car garage when it meets the water jug.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Back about a year ago when I only had 2 1911s, I carried a .22 1911 for a week while I waited on my 45 slide to come back. I didn't feel a bit under gunned with 17+1 .22 caliber projectiles I could sling at 2100 FPS.

I hadta put it away at the range once 'cause the poor lady learn'n to shoot in the next lane got heart palpations. There is something to be said for a .22 that soaks every wall in a 2 car garage when it meets the water jug.

I'm guessing TCM?

Don't know of any other .22 pistol caliber that will hit those velocities and the 5.7s can't do it with a 40gr bullet cause they suck.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Yep TCM. Range toy I bought for a cheap double stack frame that serves triple duty at my house. Sorta really like shoot'n the 22TCM though - didn't know what to expect when I bought it. But it feels like a 22 cep't in your chest and I can dump 18 rounds on target in less than 5 seconds.

Primary duty is 460 Rowland which is a whole different brand of fun.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I got mine a few months ago and it has become my favorite gun to shoot. Haven't spent a lot of time with the 9mm barrel in it.

I want to find a way to fit the frame with a .45 slide and see if it will function as a double stack 1911 .45 but as it is the slides won't swap. Something was milled different but I can't remember exactly what it was.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I got mine a few months ago and it has become my favorite gun to shoot. Haven't spent a lot of time with the 9mm barrel in it.

I want to find a way to fit the frame with a .45 slide and see if it will function as a double stack 1911 .45 but as it is the slides won't swap. Something was milled different but I can't remember exactly what it was.

My 9mm barrel moves POI too far to be fun. The ejector is moved too far center to accept a .45 slide. It feeds 460 perfectly, but I'm feeding that to a 16" MechTech Carbine which doesn't interfere with the ejector. I'd like to play with a 38 Super barrel as well. Two of my mags are unmodified 38 Super MecGars.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I was making fun of the ridiculously low capacity of a standard 1911 and how it would take two in order to have a reasonable amount of ammo available without reloading......but you killed it.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I was making fun of the ridiculously low capacity of a standard 1911 and how it would take two in order to have a reasonable amount of ammo available without reloading......but you killed it.

Now I get it..... But you killed it, I imagine with a 1911, as if you had used a 9 or .22 tcm you wouldn't have been able to.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Now I get it..... But you killed it, I imagine with a 1911, as if you had used a 9 or .22 tcm you wouldn't have been able to.

Nah, it was quick and would jump out of the way before a slow ass .45acp got there.

.22TCM has more energy anyways so shut up.

It also has a muzzle flash that will incinerate bad guys out to ten feet and burn their retinas at 25 yards.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Nah, it was quick and would jump out of the way before a slow ass .45acp got there.

It also has a muzzle flash that will incinerate bad guys out to ten feet and burn their retinas at 25 yards.

Yeah, this. Thanks for the entertainment. I'll catch y'all 'gain - assum'n I don't see yall coming.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land

All I know is that I facking love full size 1911's. Here's my beater 1911

imag2057f.jpg

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Ok. i hope nobody get's butt hurt here, but honestly this is the dumbest thing i've ever read.. talking about the "test'. and i'm going to quote them here. "Some shooters have noted that quality modern pistols will not pass this test".. that says it all right there.. It's not the way the 1911 was designed to fire, and other pistols do not pass the test either..

Lets have basic logic here.. It's all about how many FTF, or FTE you have per 1K rounds.. Thats the only way to compare apple to apple as opposed to oranges.. i have no doubt that the Glocks and B 92's all function as designed... So does that 1911.. I'm not sure it was Uncle Johns best design, guessing behind the P-35 hi power, and the humpback 5/ Rem 1100, and the old Ma Deuce maybe.. but don't come up with some foolish test that others can't pass as well..

In closing.. run them side by side and see which ones have the most FTF and FTE.. i know you can limp wrist a glock easy, and also have issues with it's mag release. i bet regardless of the test if you use the magazine as intended to put a round in battery that 1911 is not going to be any more failure prone than any other gun...

Top Bottom