• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I may make more mag changes than a double stack......but they wouldn't have to "wait" on my old fat ass.......

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Basically what I expected. Again How many Joe Gun Owners have more than a couple of magazines. When you consider that most 1911s hold less than half the ammo of your common double stack guns, that equates to a lot of waiting for those guys to reload mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bwhaahaha dats funny, I have 30+ plus 4 15 rd mags. I should attend.
    And muzzle sweep everyone

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Someone should show up with a Kel-Tec.

Better yet, Jerry Miculek, or someone who can speed load on a level close to his should show up.

I am a life member of the NRA but sometimes they do some seriously short bus shit.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Well, that's one of the reasons I don't use my M1911A1 in Steel Challenge. I'm not good enough to always clear a stick with just 7 rounds.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This carry guard training just sounds like another "tacticool" bullshit "operator" class designed to separate money from your wallet.

From the description;
    "This is the crown jewel of NRA Carry Guard Training, for those who take carrying seriously. Developed by elite military veterans in conjunction with law enforcement experts, it consists of three levels of training, with Level One available now, and Levels Two and Three to follow."

Sounds like just another Yeager school but with certified NRA folks conducting it.

If they want to do "real world " training like they claim, it should be designed around real world citizen carry. Revolvers, pocket guns, 1911s and the modern striker fired double stack pistols.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    From the description;
    "This is the crown jewel of NRA Carry Guard Training, for those who take carrying seriously. Developed by elite military veterans in conjunction with law enforcement experts, it consists of three levels of training, with Level One available now, and Levels Two and Three to follow."

After much mockery, this picture went with your quote but has since magically disappeared from their web site:

lgvx4RH.png

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    This carry guard training just sounds like another "tacticool" bullshit "operator" class designed to separate money from your wallet.

From the description;

Sounds like just another Yeager school but with certified NRA folks conducting it.

If they want to do "real world " training like they claim, it should be designed around real world citizen carry. Revolvers, pocket guns, 1911s and the modern striker fired double stack pistols.
    They do.

You should bring a secondary firearm that you carry concealed, as well as a holster for such. We will run the course with a primary carry weapon and then run a course of fire with a secondary or back-up gun to evaluate the differences. Please bring at least 40 rounds of ammo appropriate for your carry firearm for this portion of the class. Revolvers, 1911s and/or subcompacts can be used for this portion of the class.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Still sounds like a tacticool operator class.

Most people's primary carry is some kind of sub compact "mouse gun".( .380, .32,.25, etc) A lot of them are not even carried in a holster other than a pocket type or in a purse. Same with revolvers.

This is just another operator class designed to make Joe Sixpack feel like a SEAL.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Bwhaahaha dats funny, I have 30+ plus 4 15 rd mags. I should attend.
    And muzzle sweep everyone

I don't believe that the majority of us that post regularly on this site or have stacks of magazines laying around are representative of the typical gun owner in the US. Just as those of us who shoot competitively make up a relatively small percentage of gun owners, those who stack ammo deep and have piles of mags laying around is (IMO) a low number compared to those who never buy more magazines than what come with the pistol and may keep a few 50 round boxes of ammo laying (if that) around and buy ammo at a store on the way to the range.

I'm not saying every gun owner in existence is under prepared with just a few mags and a couple of rounds of ammo.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I don't believe that the majority of us that post regularly on this site or have stacks of magazines laying around are representative of the typical gun owner in the US. Just as those of us who shoot competitively make up a relatively small percentage of gun owners, those who stack ammo deep and have piles of mags laying around is (IMO) a low number compared to those who never buy more magazines than what come with the pistol and may keep a few 50 round boxes of ammo laying (if that) around and buy ammo at a store on the way to the range.

I'd say that is pretty accurate.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

I'm not saying every gun owner in existence is under prepared with just a few mags and a couple of rounds of ammo.
    My SIL has been a Sheriff for 5 years.
    The only gun he owns is his duty weapon.

Top Bottom