TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Your SIL is a he?

Since I assume he's not talking about this car:

IzaEjFS.jpg

I'm sure he was referring to his Son In Law.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Son in law....

ETA: Just saw Kar's post, thank you.
    Your son-in-law is still a he?.....

(.....these days, that's an accomplishment.)

BTT: Just when I think an NRA membership is worth more than admission to the annual show, they pull another bone-headed stunt like this......

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    From what I learned the NRA's Carry Guard is basically the NRA trying to push out USCCA. The NRA even uninvited the USCCA from their annual meetings.

In my opinion it's not a good sign when 2nd amendment businesses do this, but they are businesses and it's more about money then actually working towards defending the constitution.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Someone should show up with a Kel-Tec.

Better yet, Jerry Miculek, or someone who can speed load on a level close to his should show up.

I am a life member of the NRA but sometimes they do some seriously short bus shit.

Why would any one do that? Sign up for a class that is pretty expensive for what you get. Then deliberately disregard their stated equipment requirements?

There are way better classes with better instructors, for less money who are confident in their skills on more than one weapon platform. The only problem I have with the NRA over it is their promoting competitors with THEIR OWN TRAINING PROGRAM. IMHO, back stabbing their most loyal supporters, people who have made the effort to become representing instructors.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    When teaching a 3 day 1,000 round class the 1911s just can't keep up with the high cap guns. Most 1911 owners don't have a dozen mags to take to the class while many high cap gun guys do. So they take three and everyone waits on them to reload their mags.
    1911 (7*3) rounds = 21 or 150 mag loads.
    Glock 15 (15*3) =45 or 66 mags.

A high cap guy with 10 mags only needs to reload a few times a day during a three day class while a 1911 guy with three mags is stuffing mags constantly instead of listening, drinking water and resting. All of which are more important to learning than shooting 1,000 rounds.

I Learned this during a 3 day 1,200 round urban rifle class. If you have 30 mags take every one and put them in a SAW ammo can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Those of you that are vehemently defending the NRA on this, who do you think this class is really marketed to?

As a LTC instructor the vast majority of guns I see used in qualifications are small, single stack pocket guns, 1911s ( often small single stack 1911) or a revolver of some flavor.

Yes there are a lot of double action and striker fired 15 round guns used but when I ask them if they are going to carry their Beretta 92 the answer is always "no, I will be carrying a .....( usually a shield, kel-tec, sig 938, etc)

Most of the general public that carries, carries small. The fact is that for most people concealing a full size( or even a compact version of a full size) pistol on their body just isn't going to happen.

Most people that carry do not even carry a spare mag or speedloader.

Why not build a "Gold Star" class around real world citizens who carry instead of this Call of Duty pile of horse shit.

Teach the fundamentals of defeating your concealment and getting a shot off without Grebnering yourself.
    ( Although in the bio pic maybe they do teach you how "to be the only one professional enough")

The general public are not professional gun carriers. The majority never will be. A good chunk of those that take this course will have split, bleeding fingers at the end of it from loading 1,000 + rounds.

Elite military and SWAT officers are great for training military and LEOs.

For the average citizen carrying a gun I do not think this class will have much value.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    I'd say that is pretty accurate.
    No doubt that there are lots of people that buy a gun and never purchase additional mags or keep much ammo at home. However, it not one of the goals of any such training to encourage being more prepared? So, instead of referencing a gun "style" set a mag number and size requirement. Many of the classes indicate a min of 10 round mags and 4 mags required for the class.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Those of you that are vehemently defending the NRA on this, who do you think this class is really marketed to?

As a LTC instructor the vast majority of guns I see used in qualifications are small, single stack pocket guns, 1911s ( often small single stack 1911) or a revolver of some flavor.

Yes there are a lot of double action and striker fired 15 round guns used but when I ask them if they are going to carry their Beretta 92 the answer is always "no, I will be carrying a .....( usually a shield, kel-tec, sig 938, etc)

Most of the general public that carries, carries small. The fact is that for most people concealing a full size( or even a compact version of a full size) pistol on their body just isn't going to happen.

Most people that carry do not even carry a spare mag or speedloader.

Why not build a "Gold Star" class around real world citizens who carry instead of this Call of Duty pile of horse shit.

Teach the fundamentals of defeating your concealment and getting a shot off without Grebnering yourself.
    ( Although in the bio pic maybe they do teach you how "to be the only one professional enough")

The general public are not professional gun carriers. The majority never will be. A good chunk of those that take this course will have split, bleeding fingers at the end of it from loading 1,000 + rounds.

Elite military and SWAT officers are great for training military and LEOs.

For the average citizen carrying a gun I do not think this class will have much value.
    Yes, I agree. However, there is no "one class fits all" possibility. I think we should be supporting both kinds of classes and the idea that you need regular periodic training and not a "one time" fix.

Top Bottom