• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArielT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Austin, TX
    The event was great. Good food, good people. Sorry we ducked out a bit early.

My only real issue was maybe next time scheduling it for a day other than the Super Bowl?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Could care less about the SB. But a WARMER day woulda been nice!<G>

Seriously, though - what can ya do? Sometimes, ya just gotta bet the hand yer dealt. I appreciate the fact that there was never any discussion I saw about rescheduling - while it woulda sounded good, it just leads to confusion. Once a date is set, it's usually best to stick with it.

All in all, I think it was good. Those that wanted to be there were. Those that didn't or couldn't, weren't. With the coolish weather, a lot of really oogly folks had their faces covered........

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    There ya go again we let the white boy out!! Then he has thoughts!!
    Can you imagine he is speaking his mind!! Lord have mercy,

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The event was great. Good food, good people. Sorry we ducked out a bit early.

My only real issue was maybe next time scheduling it for a day other than the Super Bowl?

I know, what are the odds, right? 52 Sundays in a year, we had to pick that one! Ah, well.

stalker19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Mom's basement
    Yeah, after that I had to at least tie your score. With a gun that cost less complete than just the barrel on the one you used. ...Shooting prone, unsupported instead of off a table using a bipod. :p
    I was about to comment on that, he has an awesome .22 setup! That Nightforce was probably worth more than everything else on the line. Shoulda been 13 all day with that hubble telescope, fancy pants brake and whatever space age technology was inside it. Good shootin' fellas.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    WAT!?!?!? How 'bout to ugliest attendee...

Hmmm... Is he talkin' about me?

Exhibit A:
    52.jpg

... a lot of really oogly folks had their faces covered........

Okay. This guy's definitely talkin' about me!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I was about to comment on that, he has an awesome .22 setup! That Nightforce was probably worth more than everything else on the line. Shoulda been 13 all day with that hubble telescope, fancy pants brake and whatever space age technology was inside it. Good shootin' fellas.

Hahha ... I put the Nightforce on there as a joke, it actually was hard to shoot through cause the parallax was so bad, LOL. I was like "NOOOOOOOooooo!!!" when I missed the last one.

The action, trigger, and barrel are stock Ruger ... threaded obviously. The brake is something I found that through testing works well for .22s ... I haven't tested that particular one but my gun doesn't like my suppressor, but shot about 20% better with a Miculek brake on it.

My 10/22 is so dirty ... LOL it's a miracle it's cycling that subsonic ammo. The scope you used on my girlfriend's 10/22 used to be on my gun, so I had to toss something on there, thought the NF would be funny. After all ... I'd hate to outshoot MSage with a red-dot, he'd just cry more and come up with more excuses as to why he can't beat me.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, after that I had to at least tie your score. With a gun that cost less complete than just the barrel on the one you used. ...Shooting prone, unsupported instead of off a table using a bipod. :p

Whatever ... my barrel is a stock Ruger 10/22T barrel. The trigger is stock, the action is stock. It just has a different stock.

The bipod opens up my groups considerably.

Maybe I can add how to shoot rifles to your schooling, I've already covered handguns with your own guns at 200 yards since you can't shoot worth a damn.

stalker19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Mom's basement
    When I went up towards the end of the day to check your gun out, somebody had the magnification on that thing maxed out lol. Can imagine they had some issues.

As for the other one I thought the duplex reticle worked fine, the rifle malfunctioned several times for us, figured it needed lube or maybe didn't like the Wolf. That was my first time shooting the Ruger, I really need to buy something in .22!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    When I went up towards the end of the day to check your gun out, somebody had the magnification on that thing maxed out lol. Can imagine they had some issues.

As for the other one I thought the duplex reticle worked fine, the rifle malfunctioned several times for us, figured it needed lube or maybe didn't like the Wolf. That was my first time shooting the Ruger, I really need to buy something in .22!

I was shooting at 5.5x to minimize the parallax, at 22x you could tell where the paper was made but couldn't see the reticle.

The other gun is still pretty new ... was it short stroking or just FTF?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Whatever ... my barrel is a stock Ruger 10/22T barrel. The trigger is stock, the action is stock. It just has a different stock. The bipod opens up my groups considerably.Maybe I can add how to shoot rifles to your schooling, I've already covered handguns with your own guns at 200 yards since you can't shoot worth a damn.
    Hah, that wasn't 200. It was a hair over 100.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    ^ Considering the source, I don't know which is funniest, words or avatar

Wait a minute. You look like a dork shooting MY gun but like Halle in Catwoman shooting someone elses? That ain't right. Get a rope.

BTW: the gun looks fine, it's all on you

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom