• Status
    Not open for further replies.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You're welcome and glad you enjoyed it. However the truth is I provided the hardware, Sage provided the instruction. Wish I'd had some slugs for you to fire. How's your shoulder feelin?

Actually my shoulder doesn't hurt it's my arms that are killing me lol. And the left side of my ribs hurt too. I'm pretty sore from yesterday lol. Yeah I was gonna thank Sage too but I didn't know his name at the time I posted lol. Thank you Sage wherever you are! I still thank you also Glockster. I hope to do it again.

Glad you enjoyed it.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    picky picky im allowed spelling errors on here. Cant all be like Sterling. I was born the same year they cancelled the show, I have them on vhs.

maybe just maybe if I quit slacking off Ill have the 74 and the 47 at the next one.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Thanks to everyone that came out, please post feedback (positive or negative) so we can know what you liked / disliked.

Well, you asked for it....so here it goes......

Positives.....
    * Great company
    * We happened to be next to Mike (M. Sage) when shooting and he offered my son some help with his pistol grip. That was really cool. I find my kids will listen to advice from others before listening to Dad..... (Thanks again Mike! I appreciate it)
    * The .22 competition was really fun, and I had a blast. Even if I was shooting iron sights instead of a scope. Still did really well, I think.
    * Good food
    * Giveaways and prizes were unexpected and excellent.
    * Excellent choice of range
    * Perfect location in Central Texas where many people could attend
    * Great mix of people.....even had the token black guy there! (Hi Sterling!!!)

Negatives......
    * Alan didn't pay the heating bill, so it was friggen' cold!!!!!!
    * Seemed like there was no plan between the organizers, so they didn't get to enjoy it as much. They should be able to shoot as well. (BTW...we left at about 3:00, so maybe they shot after we left. Just wished they had more shooting time with us.)
    * Didn't start according to stated times (didn't bother me, but the people that came with me seemed to be a little bothered having to wait. I thought it was nice being able to meet people and chit chat for a while.)
    *A bunch of people were taking pictures, but they weren't posted.....(Just saying...)
    *Teach my daughter that cold doesn't equal stay inside a heated car....She loves shooting and I wish she was shooting with us. Especially the .22 comp.

Neither positive or negative, but suggestions for next time......
    * Invite people to meet the organizers ahead of time for setting up targets, easy ups, unloading trucks, etc.
    * Pay the heating bill!!!! (What's up with that Alan....oh, wait...it was Country Boy's fault!)
    * Use both bays or setup the firing line at a longer distance with the target holders at differing yardage so rifles and pistols could be used at the same time.
    * Teach Sterling how to be nice to George! He was SSOOOOO mean! Or was it vice-versa? Maybe they should have couples thearpy.

I guess that was about it. We really enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one. Thanks again for putting this on. Hope this post helps some. BTW....If it is at Best of the West, or some oher place within decent distance, I would volunteer to help setup the range again with the organizers. Just let me know.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I think next time have two pistol areas so people that came to do that, werent just standing around. I saw some people leave right after it was over before lunch.

Have it in march to avoid the colder weather??

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Well, you asked for it....so here it goes......

Positives.....
    * Great company
    * We happened to be next to Mike (M. Sage) when shooting and he offered my son some help with his pistol grip. That was really cool. I find my kids will listen to advice from others before listening to Dad..... (Thanks again Mike! I appreciate it)
    * The .22 competition was really fun, and I had a blast. Even if I was shooting iron sights instead of a scope. Still did really well, I think.
    * Good food
    * Giveaways and prizes were unexpected and excellent.
    * Excellent choice of range
    * Perfect location in Central Texas where many people could attend
    * Great mix of people.....even had the token black guy there! (Hi Sterling!!!)

Negatives......
    * Alan didn't pay the heating bill, so it was friggen' cold!!!!!!
    * Seemed like there was no plan between the organizers, so they didn't get to enjoy it as much. They should be able to shoot as well. (BTW...we left at about 3:00, so maybe they shot after we left. Just wished they had more shooting time with us.)
    * Didn't start according to stated times (didn't bother me, but the people that came with me seemed to be a little bothered having to wait. I thought it was nice being able to meet people and chit chat for a while.)
    *A bunch of people were taking pictures, but they weren't posted.....(Just saying...)
    *Teach my daughter that cold doesn't equal stay inside a heated car....She loves shooting and I wish she was shooting with us. Especially the .22 comp.

Neither positive or negative, but suggestions for next time......
    * Invite people to meet the organizers ahead of time for setting up targets, easy ups, unloading trucks, etc.
    * Pay the heating bill!!!! (What's up with that Alan....oh, wait...it was Country Boy's fault!)
    * Use both bays or setup the firing line at a longer distance with the target holders at differing yardage so rifles and pistols could be used at the same time.
    * Teach Sterling how to be nice to George! He was SSOOOOO mean! Or was it vice-versa? Maybe they should have couples thearpy.

I guess that was about it. We really enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one. Thanks again for putting this on. Hope this post helps some. BTW....If it is at Best of the West, or some oher place within decent distance, I would volunteer to help setup the range again with the organizers. Just let me know.

Thanks for the notes!

Hey, didn't you hit 9 out of 13 with iron sights? That was amazing! I had to work pretty hard to get 12 with a scope!

In no particular order:

We did get to shoot and goof off a bit after a lot of people left. I get the feeling some of ya wanted to go watch football or something...

One of the things that we talked about before we split up and went home was running one bay for "social" and one bay for contests. We also talked about getting things scheduled out a bit better. Now we know a bit more of our limitations (and we know that Travis' watch likes to lie :p), and we can work around them.

I'm thinking about different ways to give out prizes. There were a few that went unclaimed because there was no method for giving them away!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I'm thinking about different ways to give out prizes. There were a few that went unclaimed because there was no method for giving them away!
    WAT!?!?!? How 'bout to ugliest attendee (posted pics as proof) or most miles traveled? Either way, I'm GTG.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Wish i could have made it, enjoyed the others that ive been to. Hopefully the VA will get my medical conditions taken care of so that i can make the next. This massive arsenal of mine is collecting dust instead of spitting fire.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg