Lynx Defense

Eye protection. There has to be something better.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don't like that my glasses are tinted on overcast days.

If I were getting dedicated glasses I'd look for the option of swapping lenses based on conditions.
    These are the copper hi def ESS, super clarity and not overly priced:
    https://www.amazon.com/ESS-Eyewear-...TF8&qid=1523289937&sr=1-8&keywords=ess+hi+def
    You can buy the lenses for about $20 each in several colors and clear.

Or if you want three different lenses and a case there is these:
    https://www.amazon.com/ESS-Eyewear-...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0042F3JCK
    Polarized will be more of course.

These are the type many of the armed forces wear, so not only are they ANSI tested they also mil spec. These are probably the most clear shooting glasses I've worn, meaning they don't obscure the scope.
    ARJ Defense ad

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    These are the copper hi def ESS, super clarity and not overly priced:
    https://www.amazon.com/ESS-Eyewear-...TF8&qid=1523289937&sr=1-8&keywords=ess+hi+def
    You can buy the lenses for about $20 each in several colors and clear.

Or if you want three different lenses and a case there is these:
    https://www.amazon.com/ESS-Eyewear-...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0042F3JCK
    Polarized will be more of course.

These are the type many of the armed forces wear, so not only are they ANSI tested they also mil spec. These are probably the most clear shooting glasses I've worn, meaning they don't obscure the scope.
    Those do look promising. I'm trying to locate a local source for them.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Oh, I see how it is.

*picks up ball, walks home, listens to sad music*

"Hello darkness my old friend..."

Mrvmax

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2018
    Friendswood
    I’ve never had clarity issues with the Wiley X or Oakley’s, hunting or shooting, scope or no scope. BTW, when you shoot you are always by an explosion by just firing the gun. There are numerous pictures on the web of revolvers, AR’s and even lever action 45-70 rifles “blowing up”. The impact resistance is the only thing that will matter if that happens to you. The link I provided showed the results after a blast, but there is always a chance of something similar when you shoot.

tomballpa

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    First off, I admit, I haven't done any real research. I'd rather rely on the experience of this forum's members.

So, I haven't given a great deal of thought to the glasses I wear at the range.
    It's usually a pair of safety glasses from work, a pair as a "bonus" in a ear muff purchase, etc......

Now I'm focusing (heh) on precision and long range rifle shooting.
    Of course, we spend inordinate amounts of time researching and deciding on which scope to use for that particular rifle. Then, we put on a cheap pair of glasses and distort everything. So, we remove the eye protection and shoot without it.

My livelihood depends on my vision. I just can't risk an eye injury for the sake of a bullseye or gong strike.

Where can I find a pair of safety glasses that won't distort the view through that fine piece of glass I have mounted on that rifle? Knowing me, they need to be fairly rugged.

No, I don't have a budget.
    Thanks in advance

I personally shoot with the Oakley SI Tombstone's. But I think they have been discontinued. But I do like all Oakley shooting glasses. http://www.oakleysi.com/Root/Prizm/Shooting/c/Prizm-Shooting

I have multiple color lenses for different applications. Low light I shoot with yellow of clear lenses. For clays I use the purple tinted lens on bright days. But like to have a single pair of glasses with interchangeable lenses.
    yNzAuanBnfDRlMjU2YjhhMWMxNWM5YjY0MzEyMjc1MTI4ZTg3ZDQ3NmVhMzQ4NmI5NjcyMmIzMjc5ZWU5ZTQwNDJmMDQ4MjE.jpg

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Was hoping one of our competition shooters (Allen) would chime in.

I'm here, I'm here.

I'm currently using Wiley-X glasses, mostly because I got them for free and they were quite better than the cheapie Academy/Home Depot safety glasses I had been using. They're comfortable, have multiple lenses (I only use the clear), carrying case, rarely fog up in hot weather, and have low-profile ear pieces that are still comfortable when I have to wear ear muffs.

Because of my head position while shooting I look through the inner/upper corner of the lens near the bridge of the nose. The glasses with the single, one-piece lens seem to do a much better job of keeping that area clear and reasonably warp-free.

I would love to get into a set of fully-adjustable glasses where you can mix and match the parts you want and put each lens exactly where you want it, but they are not about full-coverage safety and run into the $300-500 range.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    First off, I admit, I haven't done any real research. I'd rather rely on the experience of this forum's members.

So, I haven't given a great deal of thought to the glasses I wear at the range.
    It's usually a pair of safety glasses from work, a pair as a "bonus" in a ear muff purchase, etc......

Now I'm focusing (heh) on precision and long range rifle shooting.
    Of course, we spend inordinate amounts of time researching and deciding on which scope to use for that particular rifle. Then, we put on a cheap pair of glasses and distort everything. So, we remove the eye protection and shoot without it.

My livelihood depends on my vision. I just can't risk an eye injury for the sake of a bullseye or gong strike.

Where can I find a pair of safety glasses that won't distort the view through that fine piece of glass I have mounted on that rifle? Knowing me, they need to be fairly rugged.

No, I don't have a budget.
    Thanks in advance

I'm a little late to this thread, but I wanted to start a thread about some shooting glasses I saw in my Dillon Blue Press magazine.
    These are reading glasses that are shooting glasses
    you can pick the strength you want

I will snap a pic of the page and post it up.
    Worth "lookin into" pardon the pun..

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'm a little late to this thread, but I wanted to start a thread about some shooting glasses I saw in my Dillon Blue Press magazine.
    These are reading glasses that are shooting glasses
    you can pick the strength you want

I will snap a pic of the page and post it up.
    Worth "lookin into" pardon the pun..

Waiting.
    I need better quality "cheater" type.

ETA: Sorry Vaq.

Top Bottom