• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Apparently, any anonymous caller could initiate this on anybody...
    Watched the whole video. Seems these cops don't understand the law they're trying to enforce. Wonder what sort of payout dude is going to get for the seeming unlawful detention?
    I know it's really our money, but I hope he get's a lot of it... I'm outraged, at the same time I know this shit happens every day.

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    The real pathetic part of this is that not only did these officers (one of them a corporal) not know the law 38.02, they acted like they were not even aware of it. How can cops these days still make that same stupid mistake, especially with all of the on-line content making them look like idiots ?

And even more, how can that Sgt. not be totally pissed off that he has to explain that to officers on the force ? Why hasn't every police force in the country had iron clad training about what the law is in these types of situations ? It's not real hard to understand and if an officer violates this he should be fired for just being stupid.

And not only did one officer think they could arrest this guy for failure to ID, three other idiots were not aware of the law and at least one of them speak up and stop the arrest. This supports absolutely piss poor training that is rampant throughout the department, not just your isolated moron cop.

This simple little thing incriminates the entire law enforcement profession as being inadequately trained or just stupid, and make you wonder about the more complex parts of the law and policing.

I hope the guy gets millions for this ! And by the way, I think he was probably drunk !

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    The real pathetic part of this is that not only did these officers (one of them a corporal) not know the law 38.02, they acted like they were not even aware of it. How can cops these days still make that same stupid mistake, especially with all of the on-line content making them look like idiots ?

And even more, how can that Sgt. not be totally pissed off that he has to explain that to officers on the force ? Why hasn't every police force in the country had iron clad training about what the law is in these types of situations ? It's not real hard to understand and if an officer violates this he should be fired for just being stupid.

And not only did one officer think they could arrest this guy for failure to ID, three other idiots were not aware of the law and at least one of them speak up and stop the arrest. This supports absolutely piss poor training that is rampant throughout the department, not just your isolated moron cop.

This simple little thing incriminates the entire law enforcement profession as being inadequately trained or just stupid, and make you wonder about the more complex parts of the law and policing.

I hope the guy gets millions for this ! And by the way, I think he was probably drunk !

He didn't get to talk enough to really show himself as being drunk - and the fat cop in close proximity to him said he didn't smell anything that would indicate him being drunk. I got the impression that some jackass probably called him in for his trump mask, maybe he pissed someone off, or maybe someone saw the smashed window and made an assumption. Without seeing the dispatch logs that's just a WAG.

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    He didn't get to talk enough to really show himself as being drunk - and the fat cop in close proximity to him said he didn't smell anything that would indicate him being drunk. I got the impression that some jackass probably called him in for his trump mask, maybe he pissed someone off, or maybe someone saw the smashed window and made an assumption. Without seeing the dispatch logs that's just a WAG.
    It really doesn't matter. My gripe is how law enforcement these days can continue to be so universally ignorant of the law regarding ID's.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'm liking this myself....

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    It's getting more and more difficult for me to say I'm a strong supporter of Law Enforcement when this variation of "Your papers Schweinhund" occurs!

If you're innocently going about your business, no one has the right to demand you ID yourself.

If arrested, yes, you must produce ID, but gdammit not if you're innocently going about your business.

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    My position again is not really so much that they arrested a guy for not showing his ID.

My concern is for the obvious inability of police departments all over the country that don't seem to be able to adequately train their people on the most simple laws, especially the ones that have to do with Constitutional rights.

And the amount of material that shows cops being stupid should embarrass them enough to make sure these are not violated !

I don't care that they hassled this guy. I care that so many stupid officers took part and did not even know the law !

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    It's getting more and more difficult for me to say I'm a strong supporter of Law Enforcement when this variation of "Your papers Schweinhund" occurs!

If you're innocently going about your business, no one has the right to demand you ID yourself.

If arrested, yes, you must produce ID, but gdammit not if you're innocently going about your business.

Yup. Cops need to understand their job better than anyone else, because they have the most in-the-moment power to destroy someone's life. 5th Amendment still applies. Guy probably should've asked "am I free to go" and when they said "no" then he should've said "I'm not speaking to you without an attorney" - if he's not under arrest and won't answer their questions, what can they do at that point? They either have to place him under arrest, at which time they can lawfully demand ID - or they have to let him go. They didn't witness the alleged crime, they didn't have reasonable suspicion to continue the detention once they'd established the crime was not occurring or hadn't occured - and by fat cop's own admission he didn't smell the odor of alcohol, his speech wasn't slurred that I could hear, the man clearly wasn't falling down, wasn't stumbling and didn't appear to be intoxicated - thus the entire reason for them being there quickly evaporated. It was another "respec muh authoritah" moment by these cops, like the Waco cop from the other thread.

Top Bottom