• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Can anyone provide a summary of what happened?

Video starts with cruiser in a Walmart parking lot checking out a black chevy with a busted out back window. Walmart employee asked if its about a drunk or something - cop says "yeah that was the original call"

More cops arrive, look for their suspect. Don't find him. Go back inside, find a guy matching the alleged call's suspect description - white male with curly brown hair and a young child.

They contact the guy, demand ID. Ask if he's been drinking

Man refuses to ID, says he has not been drinking

Pissing match ensues over if he must or must not ID. Man quotes state statute that says he doesn't have to ID unless he's under arrest.

He then gets arrested for failure to ID, they threaten to have CPS take the kid.

Wal mart lady takes temp custody of the kid

They take man into parking lot and stuff him into a car, cops confer, Sgt shows up, talks to the guy. Man is released, no charges filed. Sgt then has to have a talking-to with his minions reminding them that the statute the man mentioned in his initial contact was correct - they cannot arrest for failure to ID, because he's under no obligation to legally ID himself unless he's under arrest. Reminds them that he can't lie to the cops about his ID while detained, but can lie to them in a consensual contact (which this was not)

One of the cops to initially contact the subject, who was in close contact with him, admits to another that he didn't smell alcohol or observe signs that the man was intoxicated, also.
    Gun Zone Deals

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "I don't care that they hassled this guy."

Count me as one who does!

I wouldn't want to go thru all that drama to ultimately have the cops finally realize they're way the fk off base with having to suffer their lack of training and Keystone cop like behavior making my life miserable...no wonder many have lost their trust in Law Enforcement when this sort of shit happens.

Some of them need demotion or outright being dismissed and if kept on the payroll must attend mandatory training with proof by testing they were paying attention!

If they fail the testing - bang...GONE!!

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    "I don't care that they hassled this guy."

Count me as one who does!

I wouldn't want to go thru all that drama to ultimately have the cops finally realize they're way the fk off base with having to suffer their lack of training and Keystone cop like behavior making my life miserable...no wonder many have lost their trust in Law Enforcement when this sort of shit happens.

Some of them need demotion or outright being dismissed and if kept on the payroll must attend mandatory training with proof by testing they were paying attention!

If they fail the testing - bang...GONE!!
    All I meant is that the guy getting hassled is not the main point of my post.

It's about the continuing stupidity of police forces in violating this law and the first amendment.

And quite honestly the people that need the most discipline are the department management that is doing such a crappy job of training their people.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I miss the cops we had in the 60/70's.
    It really doesn't matter. My gripe is how law enforcement these days can continue to be so universally ignorant of the law regarding ID's.
    Remember the police of the 60/70's? I don't remember them being dumbasses unless you count the guy who got all excited when I asked if he wanted some grass. Yeah, I gave him the yard clippings.
    They had a sense of humor, but would whip your ass if you asked for it. Now the guy who squirted Mace into my helmet. Life was fun.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Watched the whole video. Seems these cops don't understand the law they're trying to enforce. Wonder what sort of payout dude is going to get for the seeming unlawful detention?
    I had to hire a very expensive criminal attorney yard ago. I won't go into why simply because I have moved on. I will tell you the money it cost was going to be for an African lion hunt I was planning.

My attorney put it plain & simple about 3 things. This will most likely piss off the cops on the form. The first thing he said was police are enforcing laws they know little or nothing about. If they actually knew the laws they would be judges & lawyers. The second thing was that police are revenue generators for who they work for. Along with who they work for is more about politics then justice. His example was DWI arrest & task forces. He said plain & simple they will make an arrest of someone who has the means to pay for a lawyer. He went on to say cops know who will sit in jail .vs getting bailed out. DA's are not interested in say an illegal alien getting stupid drunk & breaking the law. They figure they can run easier then the guy with a house job & family.

Cops, bailsmen, the courts, parking garages & places to eat around the courts and the list could go on all benefit from the revenue generators.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    This I understand and agree with: "Just remember there are idiots in every profession"

But, what's the purpose of this: "and every chat group too"?

Reactions: gll

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Pointing out we have our share here also.

"Tis better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt" I can't remember the author, sounds like Mark Twain or Will Rogers. Or that there old baseball coach but that's too many words for him.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Pointing out we have our share here also.

"Tis better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt" I can't remember the author, sounds like Mark Twain or Will Rogers. Or that there old baseball coach but that's too many words for him.
    Yogi Berra. Not the author, more of an example

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    What instigated the DWI call in the first place? Someone made the accusation in the first place. It wasn't the police or they would have pulled him over on the spot. An anonymous call? Are we in the Soviet era where you can sic the authorities on anyone you dislike? Someone not like your bumper sticker or facemask so they call 911 and accuse you of drunk driving? Arrested or not, your day is ruined.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    What instigated the DWI call in the first place? Someone made the accusation in the first place. It wasn't the police or they would have pulled him over on the spot. An anonymous call? Are we in the Soviet era where you can sic the authorities on anyone you dislike? Someone not like your bumper sticker or facemask so they call 911 and accuse you of drunk driving? Arrested or not, your day is ruined.
    One just needs to look @ the crap the devilcraps did to Trump while in office non stop!

Top Bottom