• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX

Doesn't get much worse than this. What can we learn from it?

Noise was in the garage. I would have had my wife call 911 while I get the weapon ready and consolidate family. That's probably when I would have noticed that my daughter wasn't in her bedroom. That said, I am not sure how clearly I would be thinking at 4:30 in the morning.
    Guns International

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Noise was in the garage. I would have had my wife call 911 while I get the weapon ready and consolidate family. That's probably when I would have noticed that my daughter wasn't in her bedroom. That said, I am not sure how clearly I would be thinking at 4:30 in the morning.

Yep. Lesson is Dont start shooting till you know where all your family members are. Duh. Dont start shooting till you know the target is a bad guy.

Fortunately I cant, and never will live a life so scared I would just shoot at unknown people in my garage.

BillDFW12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2021
    DFW
    a. All of your family members are going to have nights they can't sleep, wake up, mull around,
    and don't wake you up to tell you about it.

b. Teenagers do dumb stuff, it's like the law of gravity, expect it.

Low ready position, barrell pointed away until ID confirmed, finger outside of trigger guard, .. With
    all that being said.. If your teen thinks it would be funny to scare you and jumps out at you, are
    you going to freak out and shoot cuz you let your imagination and adrenaline run wild? There
    is so much to consider...

For your family's sake.. You must pick correctly... everytime. Sad story.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

You are still (or should be) responsible to know your target...

Tragic, but hardly accidental.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    a. All of your family members are going to have nights they can't sleep, wake up, mull around,
    and don't wake you up to tell you about it.

b. Teenagers do dumb stuff, it's like the law of gravity, expect it.

Low ready position, barrell pointed away until ID confirmed, finger outside of trigger guard, .. With
    all that being said.. If your teen thinks it would be funny to scare you and jumps out at you, are
    you going to freak out and shoot cuz you let your imagination and adrenaline run wild? There
    is so much to consider...

For your family's sake.. You must pick correctly... everytime. Sad story.
    This! I have been practicing low ready, high ready, and near ready drills in each home I moved into.

The use of a rail light seems pretty handy in helping to id someone. I also am a believer in strobe function.

edit: before people start getting up in arms over this just understand I haven’t operated with a light it’s just an idea if someone won’t say who they are. Home invasions happen. That was my thinking behind this post.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Geez, while mistakes were made…I feel for the father and family.

I can’t imagine accidentally/negligently killing your own kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I agree. It's a mistake that didn't have to happen, and should never have happened in the first place.

Simply adhering to just the basic rules of gun safety would have prevented this tragedy from happening.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom