• Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The second question has discovery.

Regardless, both questions lead to whether or not you truly believe that “justice” must always be served as it relates to written law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What he did was reckless and deadly. What I find funny is the level of criticism of poor gun handling and how deadly and reckless it is actions were and it just happened to be his daughter. Talking about how remorseful he is is different than him taking accountability. Because if all he gets is a hug and slap on the wrist then why take law’s seriously?

Respectfully.

Edit: I deleted a post but I’ll add it to this. I get it if people want to debate not following laws that don’t have a purpose. However, when a person dies under these circumstances, it’s not the same comparison anymore. Things need to be looked at and people need to be held accountable. Be it civil or criminal.

Question to the forum: Would your opinions on this man change if all parties knew your daughter was going to that guys house and it was your daughters life? How many of you would want accountability or civil action?
    Target Sports

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    What he did was reckless and deadly. What I find funny is the level of criticism of poor gun handling and how deadly and reckless it is actions were and it just happened to be his daughter. Talking about how remorseful he is is different than him taking accountability. Because if all he gets is a hug and slap on the wrist then why take law’s seriously?

Respectfully.
    Honestly, I don't think you are going find very many that disagree with you on his actions being reckless and deadly, myself included.

Accountability? Unless he's making excuses, and trying to lay the blame elsewhere than himself, and if he acknowledges his actions being the cause of his daughter's death then I would say he is being accountable. That's strictly my opinion though. Others may see it differently.

I totally agree laws should be taken seriously and agree with you 110% on that. But also laws need to be applied with discretion as well. Sort of that thing, the spirit or the law, vs. the letter of the law.

Using your speeding analogy as an example. An officer stops a car for speeding. Clearly a law has been broken, because speeding is a traffic offense. Now the person that was speeding, is taking their loved one to the hospital because they are having a heart attack. In the officer's discretion he can either write them a speeding ticket, clearly with the confines of the letter of the law, or issue them a warning to slow down and be careful, which I would say is within the spirit of the law.

Another context of this case. What is the background of the father? Does he have a habit of doing things recklessly and stupid? Or is this an isolated incident"

If he had a known habit of doing stupid and reckless things, putting people in possible danger because of his actions, I might very well lean towards yeah, definitely charge him.

But honestly, I don't know any of that. If that were to come out, I'm pretty sure my own viewpoints and opinions would change.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Honestly, I don't think you are going find very many that disagree with you on his actions being reckless and deadly, myself included.

Accountability? Unless he's making excuses, and trying to lay the blame elsewhere than himself, and if he acknowledges his actions being the cause of his daughter's death then I would say he is being accountable. That's strictly my opinion though. Others may see it differently.

I totally agree laws should be taken seriously and agree with you 110% on that. But also laws need to be applied with discretion as well. Sort of that thing, the spirit or the law, vs. the letter of the law.

Using your speeding analogy as an example. An officer stops a car for speeding. Clearly a law has been broken, because speeding is a traffic offense. Now the person that was speeding, is taking their loved one to the hospital because they are having a heart attack. In the officer's discretion he can either write them a speeding ticket, clearly with the confines of the letter of the law, or issue them a warning to slow down and be careful, which I would say is within the spirit of the law.

Another context of this case. What is the background of the father? Does he have a habit of doing things recklessly and stupid? Or is this an isolated incident"

If he had a known habit of doing stupid and reckless things, putting people in possible danger because of his actions, I might very well lean towards yeah, definitely charge him.

But honestly, I don't know any of that. If that were to come out, I'm pretty sure my own viewpoints and opinions would change.
    Check out my post again for my question. Updated

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Respectfully.

Edit: I deleted a post but I’ll add it to this. I get it if people want to debate not following laws that don’t have a purpose. However, when a person dies under these circumstances, it’s not the same comparison anymore. Things need to be looked at and people need to be held accountable. Be it civil or criminal.

Question to the forum: Would your opinions on this man change if all parties knew your daughter was going to that guys house and it was your daughters life? How many of you would want accountability or civil action?

If it were my daughter he wouldn’t feel the same level of anguish as it being his own. Therefore the scales do not balance in the same way.

Losing your daughter as a consequence of your action is definitely not a slap on the wrist. Not in any world I live in. In fact, we’re anyone to try to kill someone’s daughter as punishment for a crime I’m pretty sure there would be some major public outcry and justified public intervention. Yet in this case, that is the punishment he received. No chance to appeal, no jury to beg for mercy. He screwed up and now must live with the knowledge that his daughters life is gone as a direct result. Tell me in what world that is getting off easy?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    If it were my daughter he wouldn’t feel the same level of anguish as it being his own. Therefore the scales do not balance in the same way.

Losing your daughter as a consequence of your action is definitely not a slap on the wrist. Not in any world I live in. In fact, we’re anyone to try to kill someone’s daughter as punishment for a crime I’m pretty sure there would be some major public outcry and justified public intervention. Yet in this case, that is the punishment he received. No chance to appeal, no jury to beg for mercy. He screwed up and now must live with the knowledge that his daughters life is gone as a direct result. Tell me in what world that is getting off easy?

It’s definitely not. He might commit suicide.

Im not going to lose sleep if a jury doesn’t convict. That’s his community speaking.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Several years ago (15+) late on a Saturday night 10ish pm....my wife came into my home office and said someone was peeking into our living room window. I opened the safe removed an AR and loaded it, cocked and locked. I slipped out the back door not turning on any lights. Standing in the back yard on the other side of the 6 foot privacy fence that separates our and rear neighbors houses. I hear...DROP THE GUN! GET ON THE GROUND! I WILL SHOOT YOU! GET ON THE GROUND!

I thought the neighbors got them.........I hear voices coming around the side of my house and two guys with rifles looking at me....

I pointed my rifle and yelled DROP THE FREAKING GUNS! DROP THEM!

They complied. It was the neighbors kids playing paintball.......

It could have ended badly for all of us.......luckily it didn't......

I went over the next day and spoke to the parents and the boys about the situation. From then on, they would let me know when they were going to be playing paintball around the house....

My point........

We were not in danger when my wife told me about the peeping Tom.....I put myself and her in danger by going hunting for them. ,

I went hunting...........

The guy that shot his daughter went hunting too.............

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    We were not in danger when my wife told me about the peeping Tom.....I put myself and her in danger by going hunting for them. ,

The guy that shot his daughter went hunting too...

I think it's part of a man's natural instincts to be the protector of the family, and to go hunting for any possible dangers to the family.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas

The guy that shot his daughter went hunting too...

I think it's part of a man's natural instincts to be the protector of the family, and to go hunting for any possible dangers to the family.

It is....absolutely.......

I am older and wiser now......

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom