• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I want to relate from a personal perspective, of fathers who lost their children, that are very close friends of mine, one due to an auto accident, and one lost his son to cancer.

There is a look in their eyes, and the pain that there are no words that you can come up with to help them out. Partly, only another parent that lost a child could really imagine their pain and suffering. I can't even describe the look, but it's haunting is the closest I can come up with. There is nothing I know that can prepare you deal with helping that person in their greatest moment of loss. There are no words. My own feelings were being helpless and useless. All you can do is be there for them, and just listen. And they will say things you have no understanding of, and things you will not know how to respond to. It's hard is all I can say.

Now this father killing his daughter, I can only imagine his pain is further compounded by the fact that he is the reason for the loss of his daughter because of his actions that night.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I don’t understand the debate with should he or not see jail time. I have two thoughts:

1, no one should get special treatment.

2, her life wasn’t his to take.
    No I get no special treatment
    Her life no it wasn't but if the fact is Is a accident let it be.
    Y'all **** me up with the attitude just because you made it through life with no serious issues. That no mercy required.
    But mark my words if you judge and degrade you are going to suffer the same.
    Then mercy might not come to you

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    No I get no special treatment
    Her life no it wasn't but if the fact is Is a accident let it be.
    Y'all **** me up with the attitude just because you made it through life with no serious issues. That no mercy required.
    But mark my words if you judge and degrade you are going to suffer the same.
    Then mercy might not come to you
    Why is it degrading to uphold the law? you recognize both points I made yet accuse me of having no mercy and pass along some thoughts on karma. Seems pretty hypocritical to the very example you’re trying to make without knowing why I made it threw life without problems. Don’t go blaming good choices now.

If I did what he did why should I want mercy? Why can’t a guy man up? And he’s a stranger. For all you know, if he got off the hook because of sympathy, who’s to say he’s being remorseful? None of us know the guy. It’s important to hold people accountable when they actually commit crimes. I’m not one to debate this. Sorry. I’ll have a beer with you and joke with you all day long but I won’t budge on this one.

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Im just not going to make excuses for a guy we don’t know. He did what he did. He can sit in jail and cry about all he wants. People can say I’m heartless all they want. He belongs behind bars.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Why does he need to go free because it’s his daughter? She had a full life taken away because he’s a tard and was careless.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    This wasn’t a hunting accident. He got spoked, pointed a gun at an unknown, and pulled the trigger. Fill in the how and why and a crime was still committed. Now the daughter doesn’t get to enjoy the rest of her life.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Why does he need to go free because it’s his daughter? She had a full life taken away because he’s a tard and was careless.

Moral, just, and legal are all different concepts with different rules.

If a prosecutor took a case of negligent homicide or manslaughter to trial and a jury failed to convict, should the actor voluntarily go to jail or prison because of his or her actions?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Moral, just, and legal are all different concepts with different rules.

If a prosecutor took a case of negligent homicide or manslaughter to trial and a jury failed to convict, should the actor voluntarily go to jail or prison because of his or her actions?
    If the jury failed to convict it’s done and over with. System worked. I’ll have an opinion but it’s irrelevant.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If the jury failed to convict it’s done and over with. System worked. I’ll have an opinion but it’s irrelevant.

Do you report yourself for speeding and demand to be ticketed?

Do you demand a ticket when caught speeding so that justice can be properly served?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    In taking her life he’s already taken his own. Unless he is somehow a remorseless horrid bastard who’s depth of depravity are beyond my imagination, he got his justice in the consequence of his action.

There is no more justice to be gained.

It’s not the same as if it were someone else’s child because the inherent punishment would not be the loss of his own child.

In this case, the balance of crime and punishment and linked together in a way that make the criminal justice system a sad joke. The only good that can come now is that others learn and consider their own methods and how they might react.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

This wasn’t a hunting accident. He got spoked, pointed a gun at an unknown, and pulled the trigger. Fill in the how and why and a crime was still committed. Now the daughter doesn’t get to enjoy the rest of her life.
    I don't totally disagree with you on this. Yes, careless, stupid and even reckless. But that doesn't necessarily make his actions criminal.

And to be honest, very much out of my scope of experience to determine the legal splitting of hairs if he should, or can be charged.

In no way do I think he deserves a free pass, but he should only be charged if it meets the burden of the charge.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Do you report yourself for speeding and demand to be ticketed?

Do you demand a ticket when caught speeding so that justice can be properly served?

The analogy isn’t right. It was discovered what he had done for obvious reasons.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I don't totally disagree with you on this. Yes, careless, stupid and even reckless. But that doesn't necessarily make his actions criminal.

And to be honest, very much out of my scope of experience to determine the legal splitting of hairs if he should, or can be charged.

In no way do I think he deserves a free pass, but he should only be charged if it meets the burden of the charge.
    Except reckless actions can be criminal and often are.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The analogy isn’t right. It was discovered what he had done for obvious reasons.

The second question has discovery.

Regardless, both questions lead to whether or not you truly believe that “justice” must always be served as it relates to written law.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Except reckless actions can be criminal and often are.
    I agree with that. Honestly, I can't say that IMO his actions come up to the level of being criminal. Yes reckless, and stupid.

And the thing is, the prosecutor may even agree his actions were criminally reckless and at their discretion decide to not go forth with charging him.

Top Bottom