• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I would guess most on here love a good cup, great cup even more. But great cups are hard to come by. After a career in the Army, Infantry, trust me I know bad and good coffee when I see and drink it. Stopping off at the mess tent while trudging thru snow on some field problem in Germany, looking down into a garbage can full of a thick hot liquid as some mess sgt stirs it with the gravy spoon and taking note of the egg shells and what appears to be the mess cooks socks being washed...I extend my canteen cup to have it filled. While the taste may have left something to be desired, one would never know as you are drinking it for the warmth, hoping to warm a numb body...

As I wander thru the world always looking for the great cup I have found, but that is over in Italy here in the US as close as I have come (believe it or not) Starbucks Italian Roast whole bean. They will grind in store to your request. Now for some enlightenment: There are all kinds of grinds and bet on it the finer the grind the finer and fuller the taste of coffee. Starbucks can do a "Turkish" grind and if you have never had coffee made with a Turkish grind you are truly missing something.

As for your whole bean to be Turkish grind and its going to be like a fine dust, in fact reminds me of my granddad taking a dip of Rooster Snuff (if anyone remembers that).

I use about 2 heaping teaspoons of Turkish grind per cup (note: a cup to me is 16 oz) then add water to the coffee in a unbleached filter in a drip over my coffee cup.

Turkish grind Italian Roast whole bean puts Starbucks into the GREAT coffee drinking experience. Try it, it will rock your world if you are a coffee lover...

Enjoy
    Guns International

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I would guess most on here love a good cup, great cup even more. But great cups are hard to come by. After a career in the Army, Infantry, trust me I know bad and good coffee when I see and drink it. Stopping off at the mess tent while trudging thru snow on some field problem in Germany, looking down into a garbage can full of a thick hot liquid as some mess sgt stirs it with the gravy spoon and taking note of the egg shells and what appears to be the mess cooks socks being washed...I extend my canteen cup to have it filled. While the taste may have left something to be desired, one would never know as you are drinking it for the warmth, hoping to warm a numb body...

As I wander thru the world always looking for the great cup I have found, but that is over in Italy here in the US as close as I have come (believe it or not) Starbucks Italian Roast whole bean. They will grind in store to your request. Now for some enlightenment: There are all kinds of grinds and bet on it the finer the grind the finer and fuller the taste of coffee. Starbucks can do a "Turkish" grind and if you have never had coffee made with a Turkish grind you are truly missing something.

As for your whole bean to be Turkish grind and its going to be like a fine dust, in fact reminds me of my granddad taking a dip of Rooster Snuff (if anyone remembers that).

I use about 2 heaping teaspoons of Turkish grind per cup (note: a cup to me is 16 oz) then add water to the coffee in a unbleached filter in a drip over my coffee cup.

Turkish grind Italian Roast whole bean puts Starbucks into the GREAT coffee drinking experience. Try it, it will rock your world if you are a coffee lover...

Enjoy
    I hand grind every morning then use a Chemex pour over.

I do a coarse grind, but will try the Turkish grind since it should lower the amount of grinds being used.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    World Market 50% Italian Roast 50% French Roast beans.

I grind them fine for super strong coffee.

Good stuff!

Some of the best coffee I've ever had was in a little airport coffee shop in the basement of the airport in Caracas, Venezuela.

Plus, a couple places in Firenza, Italy and St. Tropez, France that were outstanding.

Their espresso would jump start me in the morning with just a couple of sips.

Bam!

Wide Awake!!

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    For Keurig I like the Newmans own medium roast.
    For whole beans I like the gevalia french roast
    For ground coffee I like RED EYE from Stewarts I used to be able to buy it at HEB not sure anymore
    For coffee on the go Mcd's or Dunkin Donuts

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Best coffee this coffee drinking world traveler ever had locally (have fired cooks for refusal to make a proper cup of coffee) is at, strangely enough, Star Auto Accessories, on SW Fwy here in Houston.

Nope, they don't serve coffee, except to repeat customer's who happen to know the well kept secret, and request it.
    The owner's wife (the family who runs it is from South America) will personally make you the best cup of coffee you've likely ever had.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    For ground coffee I like RED EYE from Stewarts I used to be able to buy it at HEB not sure anymore
    On the go, Sonic has a pretty good brew.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX

Enjoy
    You lost me at Starbucks.
    Keurig just never got the coffee right for me. Great for a quick cup of OK coffee, but never a great cup. Just not hot enough I suppose.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Raven's brew, Resurrection blend or Dead mans reach.

http://ravensbrew.com
    I have lots of friends who swear by it. But maybe they built it up too much. I wasn't impressed. Or more likely wasn't willing to try so hard to acquire it.

And by try ain't at HEB.
    Independence Brewing Co.

Jet Fuel.

Whole bean is avail at HEB.

This is a wonderful coffee and my not at work go too. It's just a well rounded full body coffee that well. It's good.

If you have any coffee appreciation pick up a bag. They're roasted in Texas and not stupid expensive. 13 bucks for a pound and a half.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    For years of factory work, I carried a 1/2 gallon thermos filled with boiling water. I made instant coffee with that water and if I did't use it all, there was no waste.

Now retired, tea works better for me. I heat a cup in the microwave, use a tea bag with one bag of sweetener. As my body gets older, that "jolt" gets me ready to visit the thunder bucket and I'm good for the day.

About mid afternoon, I get bonked, so a glass of that wonderful cold Red Diamond sugar free tea gets me wired back up!

Flash

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    In my keurig, I use San Francisco Bay's Fog Lifter. As for a great cup, I like Death Wish Valhalla blend. I want to try a new offering from Rogue American Apparel, made in Austin.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom