• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well I learned a lot in this thread. Thanks for the info guys and girls. And thank you GM.
    As for brands the Rem 700 is a good brand I shoot a Winchester model 70, TC Icon I hear great things about. I'm the same same way I like blued steel and wood grain. I also kinda like the SS with a black stock. Good luck with your new found hobby.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    This is my little dog getting ready for some cat hunting. He was saying "take me with you"
    big-country-albums-my-pics-picture399-dog-getting-ready-opening-day-cat-season.jpg

But that is my 30-06, old and reliable. If it gets unreliable it will get replaced.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This is my little dog getting ready for some cat hunting. He was saying "take me with you"
    big-country-albums-my-pics-picture399-dog-getting-ready-opening-day-cat-season.jpg

But that is my 30-06, old and reliable. If it gets unreliable it will get replaced.

Hate to break this to you but that is NOT a dog Just look to my avatar to see a true and proper dog.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Like I said my "little dog". He showed up at my mothers house one day with 2 pit bulls, I called the number on the Pit's collars and the lady came and got her dogs. She said the little one was not hers so we looked for lost posters and nothing so, he came to live with me and my wife. I like that little shit now.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    The ports stop the muzzle jump pretty good but its not my most pleasant gun to shoot. Its a bit too harsh on meat sometimes.

It kicks pretty hard, maybe 3" 12 gauge slugs?

Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    I'm going to go with the cliche response. The 30-06 is a great all round gun for everything Texas has to offer. BUT, if you want a gun that can handle anything North America has to offer, a 7mm Rem Mag is the way to go. Semi- Expensive bullets, solid recoil, but can take down anything on this continent and most thin-skinned African game. As posted before, don't skimp on the glass. There's actually a good 7mm Mag on texasguntrader right now for 425, it's a savage.

Cobra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    CANADA
    From my own experiences when I lived in the far north, I would have to go with the .338 WM for one gun does it all.

Top Bottom