• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thehemi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Texas
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein to introduce assault weapons ban on Thursday - DailyBulletin.com

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California, is set to introduce her bill to reinstate a federal assault weapons ban on Thursday.

Feinstein announced her plans to introduce the ban after December's mass shooting in Newtown, Conn. President Barack Obama has also called for a ban on weapons that resemble military firearms.

The bill will call for the prohibition of 120 specific weapons, magazines that can carry more than 10 cartridges and firearms that can accept a detachable magazine in addition to at least one other military-style feature. Feinstein's office has also revealed that while the bill would not mandate the confiscation of pre-ban weapons, it would require registration of any grandfathered weapons.

Feinstein's bill promises to be at the center of one of the biggest political fights of 2013 and her bill will likely meet serious opposition in the Republican-controlled House of Representatives.

It would not mandate confiscation? I ask people to actually READ the bill. There's NO transferring of banned weapons. You cannot pass them along to your heirs. When you die, the Feds collect your banned firearms. It's confiscation by attrition. All of the legal weapons will be gone in a generation. I think it's important that everyone understands that.

thirdcoastangler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    If the item is owned by a trust (and all of my firearms are assigned to my trust, not just the Title II stuff), couldn't it theoretically continue to be possessed by the trust for as long as the trust exists (generation after generation with subsequent trustees added)? In the unlikely event that such a mandate was actually implemented.

458Lott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Midland, Texas
    If the item is owned by a trust (and all of my firearms are assigned to my trust, not just the Title II stuff), couldn't it theoretically continue to be possessed by the trust for as long as the trust exists (generation after generation with subsequent trustees added)? In the unlikely event that such a mandate was actually implemented.
    I would like to know this as well!!!

camd64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    cedar park
    Don't snooze on this people. They said Obama wouldn't get re-elected, but he did. We must crush this.

Exactly. A lot of people think writing your representatives once is enough. Don't get complacent, write, call, or visit them as often as you can. If someone you know is on the fence about all this take them shooting. Hell, wear a pro-gun shirt on your next trip out the door.

thirdcoastangler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    If someone you know is on the fence about all this take them shooting.

This one gets overlooked a lot. DO NOT miss an opportunity to be a 2A ambassador; educate, dispel myths, correct media hype, INFORM. I have some friends in the Pacific Northwest (husband and I worked together in Afghanistan) whose stance not too may months ago was 'Guns? Never in my house!'. Now, their response to SH was '...the teachers should have been armed...'. The result of a common sense shooting sports enthusiast (tca), showing them what it's really about. The value of these outcomes can not be overstated/is exponential.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    If this horseshit passes your 10/22 will be more heavily regulated than a M2HB heavy machine gun, 40mm automatic grenade launcher or 75mm cannon.

Those can still be transferred, your semi-autos won't be allowed to. Do not let this nonsense pass.

As usual I don't expect anyone to actually heed the warning. Dumbasses will just say 'hurr durr obama won't take your guns' and then get all butthurt when ARs either cost $3500 or are completely unavailable to purchase.

If this feinstein ban passes no more ARs can be bought for any price and M16 prices will triple or quadruple ($45000 - $85000) because that is the only way anyone will ever purchase another AR type rifle that isn't neutered to be single shot.

It will become a privilege of only the very rich.

Last edited:

graveytrain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Central Texas
    Hello, I am new here. Has anyone heard about the "Second Amendment Preservation Act" (H.B. 553) that nullifies all federal acts that violate the 2nd amendment and makes it a crime for any federal agent to enforce any gun ban or confiscation, attempts to limit magazine size, limit ammunition amounts, or imposes registration. Ten other states have introduced similar legislation. This should be interesting, to say the least, IF Congress passes firearms restrictions and bans.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

I'm no lawyer, but from what I've read, the answer is "Yes."

There is a lawyer who advertises here; I think his name is Shawn Cody, who can answer your questions. He does NFA trusts. Look him up if you really need to know. You should also ask about corporations.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I believe that I shall ignore, resist, and not comply with 0-czar's anti gun babblings, efforts, and edicts concerning the owning of firearms by we citizens as outlined in our 2nd Amendment to our Constitution ! My only run in with John Law was at the age of 14 years for throwing rotten eggs on Haloween.
    I do not crave another incident like that mentioned, but we will win this firearms ownership in the long run ! "Que Sera, Sera ! What ever will be, will be .

Randy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Austin
    keep hearing reports about Harry Reid passing some new procedure which reduces the amount of votes needed to break the republican filibuster in the senate in order to clear the way for them to pass the AWB bill. Calling it his nuclear solution, anybody else hear about this? Wondering about the validity, seems the dems keep trying to change all the rules in order to accomplish their goals.

thirdcoastangler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    keep hearing reports about Harry Reid passing some new procedure which reduces the amount of votes needed to break the republican filibuster in the senate in order to clear the way for them to pass the AWB bill. Calling it his nuclear solution, anybody else hear about this? Wondering about the validity, seems the dems keep trying to change all the rules in order to accomplish their goals.
    When congressional sessions convene, the higher house (Senate) gets to vote to establish the rules for the session. Traditionally the procedural guidelines repeatedly voted in required a 60 vote super majority for most legislative actions. Yes, the Senate could establish a simple majority of 51 (although very unprecedented) for legislative action; but, it speaks to the unpopularity of the pending initiatives that the DEM majority Senate still wouldn't have the needed votes without modifying the rules in this way. AND, it does not affect the actions of the lower house (House of Representatives). All should be writing to Cruz and Cornyn and expressing your concerns.

thirdcoastangler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    I'm no lawyer, but from what I've read, the answer is "Yes."

There is a lawyer who advertises here; I think his name is Shawn Cody, who can answer your questions. He does NFA trusts. Look him up if you really need to know. You should also ask about corporations.

Actually, Sean Cody drafted my trust. I highly recommend him to anyone considering a trust (which should be anyone who owns firearms in my opinion). He was very pleasant to deal with.

Last edited:

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX

As far as I can tell, if you have an AR or AK, etc., you'll have to register for $200 - and registration means future confiscation.

What about typical handguns with detachable magazines? Most do not have any of the listed military characteristics - we just all have magazines that hold more than ten rounds. From what I understand here, we won't have to register these handguns.
    QUESTION - will we have to stop using our old magazines? And will we have to register those magazines? My guess is that we won't have to do either...this time. We'll just be stuck with buying new 10-round mags.

Thoughts?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    As far as I can tell, if you have an AR or AK, etc., you'll have to register for $200 - and registration means future confiscation.

What about typical handguns with detachable magazines? Most do not have any of the listed military characteristics - we just all have magazines that hold more than ten rounds. From what I understand here, we won't have to register these handguns.
    QUESTION - will we have to stop using our old magazines? And will we have to register those magazines? My guess is that we won't have to do either...this time. We'll just be stuck with buying new 10-round mags.

Thoughts?
    I ain't registering shit. Pure unadulterated infringement!

Top Bottom