• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    I ain't registering shit. Pure unadulterated infringement!

I know, I know, I'm pissed off myself.

But if you don't register, it seems you couldn't go to the range...they'll probably force the range attendants to check the registration of all firearms coming in. Same with CHL classes.

And if you're ever caught, you'd get a felony...possible jail time, loss of your job, guns, etc.

And even if the Republicans get back in and repeal all of this stuff, if you have a felony, you'll never be able to buy a gun.

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    2013-01-08-humor-1.jpg

graveytrain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Central Texas
    Yep. Does Texas have the guts? How far will we have to go? Secede??

A number of Texas representatives have introduced the "Second Amendment Preservation Act" (H.B. 553) that would nullify any federal law(s) that violate the 2nd amendment by restricting guns or ammunition or any bans on such or magazine bans. Ten other states have introduced similar legislation.

graveytrain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Central Texas
    The bill reaffirms the 2nd Amendment, as intended, and would nullify potentially anything from the federal government that contravenes in the State of Texas. It reads, in part:

all federal acts, laws, executive orders, agency orders, and rules or regulations of all kinds with the purpose, intent, or effect of confiscating any firearm, banning any firearm, limiting the size of a magazine for any firearm, imposing any limit on the ammunition that may be purchased for any firearm, taxing any firearm or ammunition therefore, or requiring the registration of any firearm or ammunition therefore, infringes upon Texans’ right to bear arms in direct violation of the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, and therefore, any such law is not made in pursuance of the Constitution, is not authorized by the Constitution, and thus, is not the supreme law of the land, and consequently, is invalid in this State and shall be further considered null and void and of no effect in this State.

The bill goes further than just affirmation of the 2nd Amendment. It requires compliance by by state and federal agents.

A person who is a public servant commits an offense if the person, while acting under color of the person’s office or employment, intentionally enforces or attempts to enforce any acts, laws, executive orders, agency orders, rules or regulations of any kind whatsoever of the United States government relating to confiscating any firearm, banning any firearm, limiting the size of a magazine for any firearm, imposing any limit on the ammunition that may be purchased for any firearm, taxing any firearm or ammunition therefore, or requiring the registration of any firearm or ammunition therefore.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm fully behind this proposed legislation.

I don't recall having made that claim before.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I know, I know, I'm pissed off myself.

But if you don't register, it seems you couldn't go to the range...they'll probably force the range attendants to check the registration of all firearms coming in. Same with CHL classes.

And if you're ever caught, you'd get a felony...possible jail time, loss of your job, guns, etc.

And even if the Republicans get back in and repeal all of this stuff, if you have a felony, you'll never be able to buy a gun.

Too be quite honest I can shoot just fine, and if it comes down to not registering means not going to the range as opposed registering and eventual confiscation by way of my firearms going to the government upon my death. I'll take the first option and no range time and choose to know that my family and I will have what we need if and when all hell breaks loose in this country.

Also in my opinion, if these bans and restrictions ever do come to pass, don't bet on any of it being repealed or an option for them to sunset like the Clinton era AWB. I just don't see it.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Watching this closely and hopefully it wont really screw with my wait time for my SWR Specwar, would like to have that suppressor on my rifle before my birthday in August! I have my trust and if it comes to it, all of my firearms even if non NFA will be on that thing ASAP.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't see her ban getting any traction.

I'm not ignoring it but IMO she is trying for too much.

Still, something could come out of it and they got plenty of "one step at a time" bills lined up and waiting for a vote.

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    A number of Texas representatives have introduced the "Second Amendment Preservation Act" (H.B. 553) that would nullify any federal law(s) that violate the 2nd amendment by restricting guns or ammunition or any bans on such or magazine bans. Ten other states have introduced similar legislation.
    When will these bills be acted on? Soon??

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    All the original bills entered on jan 3rd or still in committee but I noticed some have been modified since their original introduction.

It looked like they were adding a lot of stuff to HR 21 IIRC. Not sure if they are trying to reduce the total number of bills by combining them or what.

There is a thread that has links to the tracking website for all the bills, I will try to find it.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I cannot stand that liberal. She is the worst. That is how they did the law in CA and you get hosed as you said. But doesn't she want to protect the hunters by requiring gun registration?

Jazkal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    The bill reaffirms the 2nd Amendment, as intended, and would nullify potentially anything from the federal government that contravenes in the State of Texas. It reads, in part:

all federal acts, laws, executive orders, agency orders, and rules or regulations of all kinds with the purpose, intent, or effect of confiscating any firearm, banning any firearm, limiting the size of a magazine for any firearm, imposing any limit on the ammunition that may be purchased for any firearm, taxing any firearm or ammunition therefore, or requiring the registration of any firearm or ammunition therefore, infringes upon Texans’ right to bear arms in direct violation of the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, and therefore, any such law is not made in pursuance of the Constitution, is not authorized by the Constitution, and thus, is not the supreme law of the land, and consequently, is invalid in this State and shall be further considered null and void and of no effect in this State.

The bill goes further than just affirmation of the 2nd Amendment. It requires compliance by by state and federal agents.

A person who is a public servant commits an offense if the person, while acting under color of the person’s office or employment, intentionally enforces or attempts to enforce any acts, laws, executive orders, agency orders, rules or regulations of any kind whatsoever of the United States government relating to confiscating any firearm, banning any firearm, limiting the size of a magazine for any firearm, imposing any limit on the ammunition that may be purchased for any firearm, taxing any firearm or ammunition therefore, or requiring the registration of any firearm or ammunition therefore.

This is a great start, but we may have a problem. All the gun stores are run by permission of the ATF, they all have signed agreements with the Feds, ie. FFL's.

So if the Feds make rules\laws saying they can't sell AR's, magazines, or ammo, then the FFL's can't\won't sell them.

If the gun stores aren't selling us what we want, then what good is the State law nullifying the Feds infringements?

For this to have any chance at helping Texans fight the Fed encroachment, we need something like the Firearms Freedom Act, so it is legal for Texans to make AR's, Magazines and ammo, and be able to bypass the FFL's.

Top Bottom