• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I think the military would be on the peoples side.

Most of our military are deployed or stationed in another country. We reportedly have UN troops training IN the USA for gun confiscation operations as we speak, and a high respected member of the military just professed that he thinks Obama admin is screening highest ranking military officers to see if they would be willing to fire on US citizens who refused to hand over their guns, and that is how he is stacking the military now. Not sure how true that is, but I can tell you one thing....I'm not registering a damn thing, and I'm not handing over SHIT. It is my most sincere sentiment that if someone comes into our communities with anti 2nd Amendment intentions, determined to steal guns (which is basically stealing freedom), they do not deserve to walk away.
    Venture Surplus ad

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    There is conflicting information on registration and transfers (ie sales). Feinstein's own website has contradictory information.

"First, the bill prohibits the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 157 of the most commonly-owned military-style assault weapons."

"Requires background checks on all future transfers of assault weapons covered by the legislation, including sale, trade and gift;"

And I think this is new today: Assault Weapons Ban summary - Assault Weapons - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

I still don't see anything specifically about registration. It seems like the only way you can enforce background checks is to have registration...but they might go as far as to require registration for all guns, not just banned guns.

For instance, a normal handgun with a detachable magazine that doesn't have military characteristics isn't banned...but they might required registration anyway.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Assault Weapons - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

Which means, quite literally, that it's a CONFISCATION bill. Instead of doing door to door today, they go funeral to funeral tomorrow. When you die, the Feds stop by and collect your banned weapons. You cannot sell them or heir them to your children.

Bingo. It's pretty ingenious actually. The owner of the firearm isn't alive to put up a fight.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My kids will then own it and if they don't put up a fight my dead ass is gonna pop out of the coffin and they will literally have to "pry it from my cold dead hands".

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    In looking at the press conference I wanted to know about the LEO's behind her. While we all have the right to our personal beliefs, most of us ARE NOT ALLOWED to do political stuff in uniform. If we were, I would have worn one last Saturday to the Guns Across America event at the capital. As a LEO, I have a problem with them standing behind her during this press conference in uniform. They were not there to protect her, they were they trying to imply that law enforcement supports this. While they may personally support this, THEY DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME and do not speak for my co workers. They should not be allowed to misrepresent the profession in that manner

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    In looking at the press conference I wanted to know about the LEO's behind her. While we all have the right to our personal beliefs, most of us ARE NOT ALLOWED to do political stuff in uniform. If we were, I would have worn one last Saturday to the Guns Across America event at the capital. As a LEO, I have a problem with them standing behind her during this press conference in uniform. They were not there to protect her, they were they trying to imply that law enforcement supports this. While they may personally support this, THEY DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME and do not speak for my co workers. They should not be allowed to misrepresent the profession in that manner

Don't you know that it is only wrong to do anything like that if you are speaking out AGAINST a political agenda.

Kinda like how it's ok to say that you want NRA members murdered, use racial slurs against whites, or to call a huge portion of society violent racist mentally unstable murderers even if they have never committed a crime just as long as that part of society does not support Obama or his agenda, it ok.

Face it, we are being demonized on a scaled this country has not seen in half a century or more.

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    Face it, we are being demonized on a scaled this country has not seen in half a century or more.
    I agree. And the totally scary thing is that the liberals basically control the universities and the media. They've been working on this for a long time...it will take years to get conservative views presented fairly in academia and in the media. It might never happen the way things are going now. The conservatives spent too much time on learning how to run the country, not learning how to win by any and all means possible.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Not trying to start anything.
    Christians and guns made this country, now, they are under attack. Just so wrong on every level.
    Yes, it is going to get much worse before it gets better.
    I don't blame anyone hoarding ammo right now. As soon as al qaeda thinks we are vulnerable, it's gonna be hell on earth.
    blood will be on the hands of the gun banners.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Going off topic for a sec.

I was thinking about what could happen if all of this boils over.

Feds try to make a move, locals step in and things escalate(they will because the first case will set the standard for any future attempts from either side).

Lets say things don't deteriorate to civil war. Lets call it extreme and violent civil unrest(media and gov would never admit civil war anyways). The economy will crash, stability will be in question and the country will start to spiral downwards. If the US takes a big fall the rest of the modern world will follow suit and this is when all the countries who hate us and the other 1st world countries will see their chance to strike. I figure is real will be one of the first hot spots when it becomes obvious the US is in no position to support them. Other countries like North Korea will see a chance to strike, china will by this point cut us off and do to our rediculous amount of debt and overspending it will finish off what is left of our economy and take down several other nations with us.

In the end, I see the outcome being WW3. Sure it is more complicated than my short rant, but run through the events in your head and consider the global effect if the US economy were suddenly removed.

Maybe it's all part of the plan.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'm going to go with "I lost my guns in a lake in a tragic boating accident." No way in hell I'm registering them. I know of a guy in Canada where he didn't register his guns - got 5 years in the clink after talking about it.

beaner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Plano
    Very possible that they signed it without telling anyone. Tyrants have done things like this for centuries. We really have no clue what is going on, all we know is the "news" is 99.99999% BS punctuated by .000001% fact.

True, but it would still have to be voted on by Congress. Now that does not mean that they wont sit on it and wait since somehow UN rules already trump the Constitution. So while we wait, we are under the UN ban. Although I do not think anyone would actually do anything about it.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    True, but it would still have to be voted on by Congress. Now that does not mean that they wont sit on it and wait since somehow UN rules already trump the Constitution. So while we wait, we are under the UN ban. Although I do not think anyone would actually do anything about it.

Yeah these people aren't too concerned with Congress or the Constitution. The UN is a global unelected government, endorsed by global banks who want to dominate the global population, centralize the money, and keep getting richer while we starve, is what this all boils down to. To do this, they need everyone disarmed. They've already got several countries but they are going to have a hell of a time with us. But they also have A LOT of $$$ (Soros, for example), and can make pretty much anything happen. And the way we're being portrayed in the media I don't think much public sentiment would be raised if they were to actually attack us. I wouldn't put it past them to hit us with drone strikes if things got ugly enough.

Yes, it is going to get much worse before it gets better.
    I don't blame anyone hoarding ammo right now. As soon as al qaeda thinks we are vulnerable, it's gonna be hell on earth.
    blood will be on the hands of the gun banners.

Islamic extremist cells are reportedly training within our borders for Jihad as we speak. POTUS knows damn well about it, but he is too busy fighting the real terrorists (us). Look at everything they've done in the last few years to literally DEFINE us as bad people. NSA report once reported an Islamic Extremist holding an RPG shouting "Death to America, Death to Israel", was obviously a terrorist, and a threat to USA Nat'l Security. Oh but enter Obama, they are taken off the list, and replaced with gun owning Americans and veterans who support the Constitution. The indoctrination is rampant, and we will have a hell of a fight on our hands before this is all said and done.

Here's the most recent article I could find, but I know I saw a much more recent one from a law enforcement publication, that is very reliable this is no BS.

35 terror training camps now operating inside U.S.

thehemi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Texas
    Bingo. It's pretty ingenious actually. The owner of the firearm isn't alive to put up a fight.

I think the bill she's putting forward is slightly more neutered than initially advertised.

Feinstein Introduces Bill on Assault Weapons, High-Capacity Magazines - Press Releases - News Room - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

According to this press release yesterday, you can sell, transfer or gift a grandfathered weapon but it requires a background check. The high capacity magazines, though, cannot be sold or transferred.

I'm still curious what the actual bill is going to say, but I wonder if she ditched the confiscation component to try and make sure that word doesn't come up when they're having the AWB discussions.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    When do they vote on this?

It's going to be a while. It has to get sponsors, go to committee. We still have time to get our cards and letters going. Don't forget the handy form at the Ruger website. Contact all your reps at one time. Then again next week. And the next week. And so on until this bad bill dies. I would be willing to compromise, though. Strike everything else, and I'll accept the proposed ban on rocket launchers and belt-fed semi-autos. If this goes through, the rest of the Constitution is at risk. Next up, the 22nd amendment--the 2-term limit for the presidency. After that, you might was well just drive over to the nearest low income housing project and hand over your life savings and the keys to your car, because the new government will settle for no less.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Thanks for the link. I signed up for updates.

It is interesting that so far, 17 cosponsors all all Democrats and all from northern states, save California.

Top Bottom