• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Deer will get in box traps and are very hard to get out. Soak your corn in diesel to help keep deer from eating it. Corral traps work well. Good luck, it's really hard to get rid of hogs. You can sometimes run them off for a while but they almost always come back.

We catch several big bucks in our box traps every year. It's pretty easy to get them out,just put a tarp over the entire trap except for the door side.
    Open the door up,and leave the area.Once the deer knows your gone,they will go back out of the cage. They usually beat themselves up pretty good while they are trapped,but we haven't had too many that died from their bad judgement.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Still looking at the corral trap as I want to get as many in the trap as I can, hopefully the entire sounder. I just listened to Billy Higginbotham on the Michael Berry radio show and he had some good info about these hogs. Here's another question, let's say I do trap a dozen hogs in one night. Now what am I going to do with them? Is there a buying station near the Houston area?

+1 on the corral trap. What you need to do is contact a processor ahead of time and agree on a discounted $/lb price provided that HE comes out and loads them up. That's what I've seen work best.

BoydS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    SE Texas
    +1 on the corral trap. What you need to do is contact a processor ahead of time and agree on a discounted $/lb price provided that HE comes out and loads them up. That's what I've seen work best.
    I'm looking for a processor, as all I want is a return on the money, time I spent on the trap and some pork chops. Well, I would like to recoup some money for the damage they have done (which I know won't happened). Heck, I'll even deliver the darn hogs alive. Got any suggestions for an outfit that would cut me a deal like that near the Houston area? And I'm willing to drive out as far as 100 miles to deliver.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I'm looking for a processor, as all I want is a return on the money, time I spent on the trap and some pork chops. Well, I would like to recoup some money for the damage they have done (which I know won't happened). Heck, I'll even deliver the darn hogs alive. Got any suggestions for an outfit that would cut me a deal like that near the Houston area? And I'm willing to drive out as far as 100 miles to deliver.

Boyd, I've heard good things about these guys. They have about 15 stations across East Texas where they buy hogs.

http://www.hoggsgonewild.com/

Top Bottom