Lynx Defense

First Atomic Bomb Dropped on Hiroshima Today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This is the anniversary of the first Atomic Bomb dropped on Hiroshima, Japan, August 6th, 1945. Some accounts say that 140,000 were killed by the bomb and radiation after effects.

The Uranium based bomb was dropped from a lone B-29 bomber, the "Enola Gay". The aircraft is now in the Smithsonian Institute Aviation wing in Washington, DC.

The next day, Nagasaki got another bomb. Some accounts say that 74,000 were killed by the bomb and its after effects. This bomb was Plutonium based. The war with Japan ended shortly after the Nagasaki bombing.

Flash
    Target Sports

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Sad that we haven't had the leadership, in a couple or three generations, with the collective balls to stay out of fights we don't mean to win.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    This is the anniversary of the first Atomic Bomb dropped on Hiroshima, Japan, August 6th, 1945. Some accounts say that 140,000 were killed by the bomb and radiation after effects.

The Uranium based bomb was dropped from a lone B-29 bomber, the "Enola Gay". The aircraft is now in the Smithsonian Institute Aviation wing in Washington, DC.

The next day, Nagasaki got another bomb. Some accounts say that 74,000 were killed by the bomb and its after effects. This bomb was Plutonium based. The war with Japan ended shortly after the Nagasaki bombing.

Flash
    And this is how you decidedly win a war. Beat the other guy so badly he quits.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    It's being produced by liberals, so, you can bet there is gonna be agonizing
    over those poor Japanese, getting bombed by those war-mongering Americans!
    I'm not even gonna bother watching it. In other words, more U.S. bashing from
    Hollyweird.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Thanks for the correction. Nagasaki was bombed on August 9 1945. Both bombs followed fire bombings in other cities. We intended to kick Hell out of the Japanese and make them quit fighting. Mission accomplished.

Flash

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    The last crewman from one of those flights just passed away recently.
    Yup, that was Dutch Van Kirk, Enola Gay's navigator on the Hiroshima mission. I've got an autographed copy of his book "My True Course" which he was selling at the Ft. Worth Militaria show some years back.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    It's being produced by liberals, so, you can bet there is gonna be agonizing
    over those poor Japanese, getting bombed by those war-mongering Americans!
    I'm not even gonna bother watching it. In other words, more U.S. bashing from
    Hollyweird.

There should be agonizing over war. I have never seen any movie or documentary that characterized Americans as war mongering.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013

Flash
    Actually, the Enola Gay resides in the Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia.

Last edited:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    There should be agonizing over war. I have never seen any movie or documentary that characterized Americans as war mongering.
    I think LOCKHART was agonizing over the revisionist history of wars that Liberals like to document, you know, like how the evil Israelis are purposely targeting poor Palestinian women and children who through no fault of their own find themselves chained to rocket launchers.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Actually, the Enola Gay resides in the Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia.

OK....Thanks for the correction. I saw it in Washington many years ago. It must have been relocated. I learn something new every day!

Flash

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    It's another reminder that war is horrible and we should do more to avoid it.

Irrespective of discussion of the bombings' necessity to end the war, I do feel for the people. The everyday people did not choose their government and the military leaders in Japan kind of ran rough shod over the emperor.

It should cause anguish when you kill a whole bunch of non combatants. Not a decision to take lightly.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    The everyday people did not choose their government and the military leaders in Japan kind of ran rough shod over the emperor.

Makes it even sadder when observing the apathy and unwillingness to get involved in reining in an overreaching government ... at all levels.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Thanks for the support, sapper740, that is exactly what I meant! So much
    of our history is being re-written by the liberal pansies. I meant that I will
    not watch that because I'm almost CERTAIN it's not gonna be a fair telling
    of that story, txinvestigator.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the support, sapper740, that is exactly what I meant! So much
    of our history is being re-written by the liberal pansies. I meant that I will
    not watch that because I'm almost CERTAIN it's not gonna be a fair telling
    of that story, txinvestigator.

That's getting to be true more and more. The libiturds don't like how our history was written so they're trying to write it to their liking. I'm not sure how close to reality Manhattan will be, even with the Hollyweird "embellishments" that usually comes into play in historical shows. We know the libiturds don't like Mark Twain's books so they're rewriting them....

Craig Hotchkiss: Rewriting Huckleberry Finn Twists Twain's Intentions

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    That's getting to be true more and more. The libiturds don't like how our history was written so they're trying to write it to their liking. I'm not sure how close to reality Manhattan will be, even with the Hollyweird "embellishments" that usually comes into play in historical shows. We know the libiturds don't like Mark Twain's books so they're rewriting them....

Craig Hotchkiss: Rewriting Huckleberry Finn Twists Twain's Intentions
    Exactly. I hear schools have removed "Merchant of Venice" from reading lists when studying Shakespeare because Shylock's behavior can be misconstrued as a negative stereotype of Jews and anti-Semitic. Soon many common phrases such as "pound of flesh" will be meaningless to the drones our schools produce.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    It's another reminder that war is horrible and we should do more to avoid it.

Irrespective of discussion of the bombings' necessity to end the war, I do feel for the people. The everyday people did not choose their government and the military leaders in Japan kind of ran rough shod over the emperor.

It should cause anguish when you kill a whole bunch of non combatants. Not a decision to take lightly.

It's easy to act calloused when you're not the one shoveling up the atomically cremated corpses of men, women and children who posed no threat. I challenge anyone to look at just one picture of a baby killed in the crossfire of any given war and maintain their superior attitude.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

OK....Thanks for the correction. I saw it in Washington many years ago. It must have been relocated. I learn something new every day!

Flash

Udvar-Hazy is a part of the National Air and Space Museum, which is run by the Smithsonian. It used to only be their restoration facility, but they recently built a museum annex there to prevent too much crowding of the artifacts and exhibits at the main NASM facility in DC. Along with Enola Gay, they also moved their SR-71 Blackbird there and it's where the space shuttle Discovery is exhibited.

Top Bottom