• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I was amazed. When I went to buy a car a few months ago, there was not one car I checked out that didn't have a turn signal. Maybe I went to the wrong car lot.
    DK Firearms

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    When I lived in The Peoples Republic of Connecticut, I rarely used the indicators. I mean, why let the enemy know what you're about to do?
    Down here is beginning to get just as bad where when you signal to change lanes, the prick in the other lane that's three or four car lengths back, speeds up.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Plead not guilty, go to court and be sure get a jury trial.
    I would not do that. Add court costs if found guilty and the jury is gonna be pissed they are sitting there on a no signal case.
    I'd be miffed about the ticket but either ask for deferred adjudication, take a defensive driving class, or get an attorney to handle it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I would not do that. Add court costs if found guilty and the jury is gonna be pissed they are sitting there on a no signal case.
    I'd be miffed about the ticket but either ask for deferred adjudication, take a defensive driving class, or get an attorney to handle it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

A jury will almost always set a fine much lower than a judge. And the court cost would be minimal. That is IF they find you guilty.

As for the jury being pissed about having to serve, who will they be pissed at, the defendant or the court? I have never been pissed when I was called for jury duty.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    me taking a day or 2 off work is well in excess of the fine. And I enjoy working and hate having to deal with general public

Actually traffic cases take less than a half hour, but really, it comes down to what does that little blemish on your record mean to you? You can fight it, or let it go...but feel free to bitch about it, it's what we're here for

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    A jury will almost always set a fine much lower than a judge. And the court cost would be minimal. That is IF they find you guilty.

As for the jury being pissed about having to serve, who will they be pissed at, the defendant or the court? I have never been pissed when I was called for jury duty.

Were you called for a traffic offense? For a short time, I was a municipal city marshal and I can tell you the people weren't happy to be there. IF it did go to trial, the eye rolling when the defendant testified (especially if he defended himself) was hilarious. As already stated, the defendant is not getting paid to go to court. I guess you can roll the dice if you want, I wouldn't especially if you can get an attorney to handle it for about $100.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I once got a ticket from the Federal Protective Service for exceeding the 10 MPH speed limit in a federal building parking lot in Houston. I retained the attorney our union used. He was willing to take the case for nothing. He was an old friend and said it would be fun to go to court and force the case in front of a federal district court judge. He said there wasn't a single judge in Houston who wouldn't be insanely angry with any U.S. Attorney who wasted the courts time with a $35 fine. He was looking forward to getting a SAUSA in trouble.

Then I was docketed. The hearing was set for a Federal District Court ... in Miami, Florida.

Now, if I had wanted to fly there and appear in court, I would have surely prevailed. But my attorney wasn't willing to travel just for giggles and I wasn't willing to pay hundreds of dollars to fight a $35 ticket. I paid by mail.

What a racket.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    My wife had an accident at the beginning of March. She called 911 and I showed up just before the Trooper. It was out in the boonies and he asked if we wanted him to respond to the scene. I said yes as I assumed the insurance company would want a police report ( they didn't care, USAA) and he said if so, he was required to issue a citation. I texted a fellow Marine, now a Trooper, and asked him about the ticket. He said it was standard practice to issue an "Unsafe Speed" citation for an accident. They don't have to, but they usually do anyway is what he said. Took it to the County Judge who gave her 30 days deferred, DA (?) offered 90.

My take away was Trooper could have gone on his way, insurance still would have paid out and no citation would have been issued. How is that not a racket?

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Wow(!).... I didn’t know about that ‘ticket scam’. Good thing to know. (I would’ve guessed the insurance company would have wanted a police report also). Guess it’s the police version of having citizens paying for ‘service-based’ calls!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    My wife had an accident at the beginning of March. She called 911 and I showed up just before the Trooper. It was out in the boonies and he asked if we wanted him to respond to the scene. I said yes as I assumed the insurance company would want a police report ( they didn't care, USAA) and he said if so, he was required to issue a citation. I texted a fellow Marine, now a Trooper, and asked him about the ticket. He said it was standard practice to issue an "Unsafe Speed" citation for an accident. They don't have to, but they usually do anyway is what he said. Took it to the County Judge who gave her 30 days deferred, DA (?) offered 90.

My take away was Trooper could have gone on his way, insurance still would have paid out and no citation would have been issued. How is that not a racket?

Was it a single car accident?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    It would be nice to work at a place that did not make you take a full day for a personal issue.

Why would I fight something when I was in the wrong that is like the guys on the cops shows saying the drugs in there wallet is some one else.

The post was more of a warning that its not worth it to not use your signals at any time no matter how stupid it is.

I would say when I said it was my time to pay the stupidity tax that would cover letting it go.

I never asked one time about fighting it or what I should or should not do. I try to follow the laws of the land and when I am in the wrong I simply take it without lube and learn.

Actually traffic cases take less than a half hour, but really, it comes down to what does that little blemish on your record mean to you? You can fight it, or let it go...but feel free to bitch about it, it's what we're here for

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It would be nice to work at a place that did not make you take a full day for a personal issue.

Why would I fight something when I was in the wrong that is like the guys on the cops shows saying the drugs in there wallet is some one else.

The post was more of a warning that its not worth it to not use your signals at any time no matter how stupid it is.

I would say when I said it was my time to pay the stupidity tax that would cover letting it go.

I never asked one time about fighting it or what I should or should not do. I try to follow the laws of the land and when I am in the wrong I simply take it without lube and learn.
    So far we still have the freedom to handle it the way we want. Many officers would let you off with a warning. I just think the fine is excessive.

Top Bottom