• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    LOL. I've got it! My "No matter" didn't come across as intended, which was completely accepting. ;)

dude the internet is really bad with tone. That and I'm a little insane when it comes to semantics

ok what I mean by that is... oh **** it :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2017
    Classified
    Always nice to hear when an 'encounter' goes well. ;) I've interacted with police a handful of times while armed, sometimes after being pulled over and other times as witness to an accident or such. Never had them even blink upon handing them my CHL, and I'm a pretty shady looking guy! :D

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I got pulled over in a neighborhood a year or so ago, and the first thing I was asked is if I have any explosives in the vehicle. The officer saw my "LOVE" sticker where one of the letters is a grenade, so she was messing with me. I responded "no, but I have a few guns" and she laughed at that. I showed her my license and CHL, she told me I ran a stop sign, and then I proceeded to talk my way out of a ticket for the first time and even got an apology for her pulling me over.

I like my local pd :D

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    The officer saw my "LOVE" sticker where one of the letters is a grenade...

Ha, funny you posted that yesterday. Inredid that design with all guns, and was wearing my shirt yesterday.

I think my next iteration of that will use a real revolver. The L, V, and E are all all real guns that I vectorized (P220, 110BA/Tac-338, AR15 SBR).
    bff59fcbfff0048157279f82f4a27008.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    majormadmax,

You can say that again!!! = I was stationed for several years at the "the five-sided puzzle palace" (The Pentagon) for several years & some of the WORST drivers that I've seen in 70 years have VA/MD/DC plates on their car/truck.

I'll never forget the night that I called the VASP & told them that a red Chevy pickup was driving on the wrong side of the DC Beltway at high speed & that he had run several vehicles off the road.
    The dispatcher asked me for his license plate number & I said, "Sorry I was too busy trying to get out of his way to get a plate number."
    She then said, "Without a plate number, I cannot help you. Sorry."

I then said, "Ma'am, I don't mean to be smart but how many people are driving on the wrong side of the Beltway?"

She said, "More than you'd believe" & hung up.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Note to All: IF you are stopped by the TX HP on I-35 near Belton, don't be shocked if the trooper is a totally HOT REDHEAD. = Fwiw, I've never seen a state trooper who fills out a uniform shirt like THAT, ever. ====> WOW.
    (I "plead guilty as charged" to being "turned-on by" glamorous redheads.)

yours, satx

cwo4uscgret

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    near the Alamo
    Traffic Stop Rule #1: Window down, hands on steering wheel, greet officer with Good Afternoon (morning or evening whatever the time of the day). When asked for driver's license - if carrying tell them you are; that you have a CPL and a gun on your hip, ask the officer what would you like me to do? Comply, say yes sir or ma'am; amazing how much a pleasant greeting goes when pulled over by the police goes.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Note to All: IF you are stopped by the TX HP on I-35 near Belton, don't be shocked if the trooper is a totally HOT REDHEAD. = Fwiw, I've never seen a state trooper who fills out a uniform shirt like THAT, ever. ====> WOW.
    (I "plead guilty as charged" to being "turned-on by" glamorous redheads.)

yours, satx

thanks, i'll be sure to floor it out of temple when I head to Austin next week. Shouldn't be hard with all that construction to get noticed

Traffic Stop Rule #1: Window down, hands on steering wheel, greet officer with Good Afternoon (morning or evening whatever the time of the day). When asked for driver's license - if carrying tell them you are; that you have a CPL and a gun on your hip, ask the officer what would you like me to do? Comply, say yes sir or ma'am; amazing how much a pleasant greeting goes when pulled over by the police goes.

It's insane how speaking like a human can get you pretty far. Really makes you think how much of a jackass someone has to be to become a headline. There are times I've been pulled over and looked like a complete dipshit punk in my youth, and the officer ends up being extremely nice to me.

712004616.jpg

Compact Pistol Laser, Sig's little picatinny mounted laser. I once bought 10 for $30/ea from a range and sold them all on ebay for $60/ea. It was pretty neat.
    ALWAYS disclose if you have one. Even if it's not mounted. LEO needs to know if you rely on 80's movies technology.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    thanks, i'll be sure to floor it out of temple when I head to Austin next week. Shouldn't be hard with all that construction to get noticed

It's insane how speaking like a human can get you pretty far. Really makes you think how much of a jackass someone has to be to become a headline. There are times I've been pulled over and looked like a complete dipshit punk in my youth, and the officer ends up being extremely nice to me.

712004616.jpg

Compact Pistol Laser, Sig's little picatinny mounted laser. I once bought 10 for $30/ea from a range and sold them all on ebay for $60/ea. It was pretty neat.
    ALWAYS disclose if you have one. Even if it's not mounted. LEO needs to know if you rely on 80's movies technology.

80's tech pistol lasers were "scope" sized, lol.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    That's what I was thinking. In the 80's the lasers were the size of a C cell maglight.

3a8708f25c949e199143e765ca6a194e.jpg

In the 90's they came down to the size above but were still by today's standards very large.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Had a guide rod laser once (came with a gun). POA wasn't anywhere near good, sold it on ebay for $280. That's a lot of coin for a lame product.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I jus say yo po po what u b wantin? Why am i being stopped, you profilin bastard!!!
    Jus cause i b creepin round a 2:00 in da morn, oooo yeah i gots a gun so what. Dis b Texas and black lives matter . I gots a license for my gat, but it's in the mail.
    Ok you can go

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Twice been stopped while carrying. 1st time the trooper clearly stated he was letting me off because I must be an upstanding citizen if I have a concealed carry permit. Second time I was let off with a warning but not sure why.
    I too will be in the Belton area next month. Maybe I'll break a taillight in hopes of getting stopped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom