• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Witness10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2021
    Dallas
    Well the joke will be on them, because I read the email on my cousins phone, and the big boss clearly stated they only want law enforcement to be able to carry in their restaurants. They believe the 30.05 sign "no firearms allowed" will cover them even for someone with a permit.
    ARJ Defense ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    How so? It clearly states no firearms allowed. Is there something in the new law that says a licensed individual can carry unless a sign specifically bans licensed concealed carry? Keep in mind, this is for AFTER the September 1st switch. Their goal is to ban firearms period. "A person may not enter this property with a firearm." It doesn't get much clearer than that.

Read TPC 30.05 in its entirety. The defense to prosecution for license holders in (f) is unchanged, which is what I said in post 2.

There’s a whole bunch of people with JDs that’re about to find out reading is fundamental.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Well the joke will be on them, because I read the email on my cousins phone, and the big boss clearly stated they only want law enforcement to be able to carry in their restaurants. They believe the 30.05 sign "no firearms allowed" will cover them even for someone with a permit.
    Just curious, do you have an LTC?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Shhhh…let them keep thinking that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OGdoubleJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    San Antonio Texas
    My 2 cents, this sign will not affect anyone with an LTC. We abide by the 30.06/30.07 TPC rules as someone already mentioned. And that’s that it needs to be clearly posted at entrances. Also 51% alcohol sales but that’s irrelevant for a breakfast place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    They got them in Arizona too. I'll let the folks here know too.

Are there stickers we can slap on these places like "This establishment doesn't care about your family's safety" or done such? Their food is bland and expensive, like a higher tier Panera anyways.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    They got them in Arizona too. I'll let the folks here know too.

Are there stickers we can slap on these places like "This establishment doesn't care about your family's safety" or done such? Their food is bland and expensive, like a higher tier Panera anyways.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

My two cents…just don’t eat there and move on with your life.

No one wants to eat at an empty restaurant.

And you’ve got better things to do with your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Only if you don't have an LTC.
    I don't see that specified. My doctors office and separate hospital says no firearms allowed, period. As I understand it, a business or any residence can simply place a paper towel or piece of cardboard by the door saying no firearms allowed, doesn't have to be a fancy sign.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I don't see that specified. My doctors office and separate hospital says no firearms allowed, period. As I understand it, a business or any residence can simply place a paper towel or piece of cardboard by the door saying no firearms allowed, doesn't have to be a fancy sign.
    That may be correct for permitless carry (and I say may be correct) but for LTC must have 30.06/07 signage.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    The only legal signs are 30.05, 30.06, 30.07 and 51% signs. They have to ask you to leave. Because any other type of sign carries no force of law.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Permit less carry requires 30.05 sign
    The signage for permit less carry is still up for debate. The legislation may be interpreted to allow a gun buster sign. The distinction comes with the words “may” instead of “shall” in the bill itself. AG will need to guide us. For LTC the legislation requires exact wording.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    What's wrong w/Tomball pawn?

Until my last visit in I'd had nothing but great interactions with them. I stopped in on a professional visit, and the manager or assistant manager decided to be a complete asshole toward me. They got on my personal do-not patronize list. If you have a business to run, everyone who walks in your door should be treated with the same basic level of courtesy. I don't care if you're having a bad day, stressed out from shit at home, or what your reason is - work is work and you don't treat customers or vendors like shit.

We're graced with enough pawn shops and gun shops that I needn't waste my time or spend my dollars with places that don't grasp that concept. As a business owner I never treated my customers, even those being assholes to me or my employees with disrespect. I wouldn't tolerate such behavior from my employees either.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’d like to thank @ScottDLS for posting the Morales letter up thread. I had forgotten about that one, but like him, after re-reading it, any doubt I had that a “gunbuster” circle slash sign is valid to bar entry for permitless carry has evaporated.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    The signage for permit less carry is still up for debate. The legislation may be interpreted to allow a gun buster sign. The distinction comes with the words “may” instead of “shall” in the bill itself. AG will need to guide us. For LTC the legislation requires exact wording.

Signage has always been up for (friendly) debate, but at the last 25 years of practical application of the 30.05 trespass law seems to indicate that a generic sign would also require oral notification. As I said in the other thread, the word "may" that TLS is so hung up on indicates that IF the location wants to provide written notice particularly that entry with a firearm is barred, the specified sign is how they MAY do it. If they don't do it that way then it is quite doubtful they have in fact provided written notice (that your entry is barred, SPECIFICALLY if you are carrying a firearm). Otherwise, they MAY use purple paint marks or a no trespassing sign, so that nobody may enter.

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Signage has always been up for (friendly) debate, but at the last 25 years of practical application of the 30.05 trespass law seems to indicate that a generic sign would also require oral notification. As I said in the other thread, the word "may" that TLS is so hung up on indicates that IF the location wants to provide written notice particularly that entry with a firearm is barred, the specified sign is how they MAY do it. If they don't do it that way then it is quite doubtful they have in fact provided written notice (that your entry is barred, SPECIFICALLY if you are carrying a firearm). Otherwise, they MAY use purple paint marks or a no trespassing sign, so that nobody may enter.
    Excellent points. Hopefully my letter to the AG will bring clarification.

Top Bottom