• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    United Airlines overbooked a flight, let everyone board, and then offered $800 for four people to give up their seats so they could fit four of their crew members that did not have a flight. When no one accepted, they selected four passengers at random (not likely in my book; I am sure they picked the four least likely to cause problems) and ordered them off the plane. When one man refused stating he was a doctor and needed to see patients at his destination, they forcibly dragged him out of his seat and down the aisle causing physical injuries as he bounced off of seats, etc.

Of course, it was his choice that led to this, but he did pay for a ticket and United could have easily bumped the four passengers before boarding the plane, but it certainly is not the best example of customer service to say the least.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/united-p...ht-refusing-give-seat-134930951.html#comments
    Guns International

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Actually, when he refused to leave the plane (United's plane, their rules) I believe they called the police and the police forcibly dragged him off the plane because he would not go on his own.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    "On Monday, Chicago Police confirmed they were not involved in the incident and that the officers and security personnel seen in the now viral videos are with the Department of Aviation, a division of the U.S. Department of Transportation."

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    "On Monday, Chicago Police confirmed they were not involved in the incident and that the officers and security personnel seen in the now viral videos are with the Department of Aviation, a division of the U.S. Department of Transportation."

Thanks. But again it was not United personnel that pulled him off, it DA security.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    He's going to lawyer up and sue and he freaking should. They had no right to drag him off the plane without offering him his money in cash or instant credit back.. Secondly, United is crap as is AA, I only fly Southwest for a variety of reasons one of which is they are the safest airline in the world. They also only service 1 Jet the 737, which means the maintenance crew knows exactly what they're supposed to be looking at instead of having to memorize the configuration of brakepad C on Jet A or was it B.. or was it F... ahh sheesh it looks good Diego let em down the tarmac.

No screw United and screw them hard... I hope he sues the shit out of them and the airport, I would.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    He's going to lawyer up and sue and he freaking should. They had no right to drag him off the plane without offering him his money in cash or instant credit back.. Secondly, United is crap as is AA, I only fly Southwest for a variety of reasons one of which is they are the safest airline in the world. They also only service 1 Jet the 737, which means the maintenance crew knows exactly what they're supposed to be looking at instead of having to memorize the configuration of brakepad C on Jet A or was it B.. or was it F... ahh sheesh it looks good Diego let em down the tarmac.

No screw United and screw them hard... I hope he sues the shit out of them and the airport, I would.

They offered him $800 and hotel. Still, I'd never fly United again.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Yeah, dis is gonna cost them a lot more than doubling the $800 offer would've - even without the lawsuit.

Yeah, the only way I might get mollified is if they offered me and my wife free, worldwide airfare for life... with a different carrier.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    What I would like to say would likely get me a time out so I will just say that I hope this costs United millions in lost revenue and settlement money.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    United Airlines overbooked a flight, let everyone board, and then offered $800 for four people to give up their seats so they could fit four of their crew members that did not have a flight. When no one accepted, they selected four passengers at random (not likely in my book; I am sure they picked the four least likely to cause problems) and ordered them off the plane. When one man refused stating he was a doctor and needed to see patients at his destination, they forcibly dragged him out of his seat and down the aisle causing physical injuries as he bounced off of seats, etc.

Of course, it was his choice that led to this, but he did pay for a ticket and United could have easily bumped the four passengers before boarding the plane, but it certainly is not the best example of customer service to say the least.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/united-p...ht-refusing-give-seat-134930951.html#comments
    I'd like to emphsize this bolded part. The 4 people they chose were all Asian, I guess whoever "randomly" chose to remove the 4 paid passengers bought into the stereotype that Asians don't complain or fight back. Now they have another shit storm on their hands. I hope that man sues the **** out of United.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    New article says he got back on plane w a bloody lip, so they had to deboard the plane to clean up the blood

He's going to own his own jet soon, lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Once they told him to leave and refused, he was trespassing and interfering with a flight crew.

The owner of property, not the customer, gets to decide for what reason.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Once they told him to leave and refused, he was trespassing and interfering with a flight crew. The owner of property, not the customer, gets to decide for what reason.

Basically what I said back in post #2, but you are the only one that seems to agree with me.
    And the interfering with a flight crew is an offense.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I'll add that while United handled it poorly, you cannot refuse to leave the property of another without consequence.

It appears he is used to getting his own way. Guess he know better now.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I'll add that while United handled it poorly, you cannot refuse to leave the property of another without consequence.

It appears he is used to getting his own way. Guess he know better now.

The **** I can't. I paid for that seat. Make it worth my while and I might consider it. The airline is the one who fucked it up by overbooking the plane, they can fix it. This isn't America, Home of the Obedient. "Anybody wanna give up their seat for $400? No? $800?" Keep going until you get a taker if it's so important to you. Also, the four guys they picked "randomly by computer" where the ones they thought would give them the least trouble. In this case, an elderly Asian doctor. It's gonna cost them a lot more than $800 now.

Top Bottom