• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL,

While I don't like UNITED's actions, ONCE a FEDERAL POLICE OFFICER said, "GET OFF THE PLANE", you GET OFF RIGHT THEN & you surely do NOT assault the police officer, as 2 passengers have stated that the passenger DID..
    (IF I was the police officer, that the passenger hit in the face, he would have needed a trip to the ER before he went to jail.)

NO matter who else is at fault or NOT at fault, you MUST do as a federal officer directs you to do in an airport/on an airliner.
    (Don't want to comply with U.S. commercial aviation regulations & federal laws?? - STAY HOME or "PAY THE PIPER" when you fail to do as you are ordered..)

just my OPINION, satx

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Yeah, yeah, the small print says they can take you off for whatever reason and the plane belongs to UA but all that legalese is gonna cost them a fortune. You lay hands on me after I made my reservation and paid my ticket fare and one or both of us is gonna have a bad day.

UA knew they had a problem so they should have never let people board. Once they did, they should have deboarded everyone for "mechanical issues" The plane was delayed regardless and it would have been better PR. Why couldn't the UA crew get on another brand's aircraft?

I hope the guy gets a nice fat check and the folks who saw that should also get PTSD and get some cash

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I'd like to emphsize this bolded part. The 4 people they chose were all Asian, I guess whoever "randomly" chose to remove the 4 paid passengers bought into the stereotype that Asians don't complain or fight back. Now they have another shit storm on their hands. I hope that man sues the **** out of United.

I thought the exact same thing. Can you imagine if the passengers were black or middle eastern?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    sharkey,

And ANYONE here KNOWS that the 4 people were Asians to be FACT??
    (Funny thing. NO "media outlet" has offered any proof & NOT even a last name.)

SORRY, but ABSENT PROOF from an unimpeachable source, I don't believe any claim from the "main-SLIME media" any more, given the MANY KNOWING LIES that the "news" spews into print & onto the airwaves constantly.

yours, satx

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    That guy really wanted to get home. It might have been less expensive in the long run for UA to fly those employees on a private plane.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Yeah, yeah, the small print says they can take you off for whatever reason and the plane belongs to UA but all that legalese is gonna cost them a fortune. You lay hands on me after I made my reservation and paid my ticket fare and one or both of us is gonna have a bad day.
    It's gonna be you. You cannot violate your contract with a company, refuse to leave when told to, interfere with a flight crew and think you will suffer no consequence.

UA knew they had a problem so they should have never let people board. Once they did, they should have deboarded everyone for "mechanical issues" The plane was delayed regardless and it would have been better PR. Why couldn't the UA crew get on another brand's aircraft?

I hope the guy gets a nice fat check and the folks who saw that should also get PTSD and get some cash

The entitled speak again...

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    This is going to cost United a lot of business, bad planning followed by bad company choices. If the employees required a seat it should have been assigned seating for each one. Dragging a paying customer off the plane will sour many against this Airline, me included.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    The **** I can't. I paid for that seat. Make it worth my while and I might consider it. The airline is the one who fucked it up by overbooking the plane, they can fix it. This isn't America, Home of the Obedient. "Anybody wanna give up their seat for $400? No? $800?" Keep going until you get a taker if it's so important to you. Also, the four guys they picked "randomly by computer" where the ones they thought would give them the least trouble. In this case, an elderly Asian doctor. It's gonna cost them a lot more than $800 now.

Lots of error in your post:
    1. He wasn't removed due to overbooking, he was asked to leave as a 4-person flight crew had to board to get to another airport. It was a last minute situation for the flight crew due a problem at some other airport.
    2. FAA sets the maximum they can pay passengers depending on circumstances.
    3. In situations such as this it isn't a random pick, it is based on check-in time, or at least that is what is supposed to happen. The last four to check in for the flight were asked to deplane, 3 went peaceably, 1 did not.

Last edited:

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    The doc was wrong and probably committing a crime. Doesn't matter, though, because UA has a massive PR disaster on their hands.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    The doc was wrong and probably committing a crime.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...ng-with-a-flight-attendant-or-crewmember.htm#

Also, customer defied Chicago Aviation Security Officers and reported struck one of them in the face. They were the ones that pulled him off the plane, not United employees.

It is pretty simple really: United asks customer to leave, customer refuses, United calls LEO, customer struggles with LEO and gets dragged off the plane as a result.

Ask yourselves, How does struggling with LEO usually work out?

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    sharkey,

And ANYONE here KNOWS that the 4 people were Asians to be FACT??
    (Funny thing. NO "media outlet" has offered any proof & NOT even a last name.)

SORRY, but ABSENT PROOF from an unimpeachable source, I don't believe any claim from the "main-SLIME media" any more, given the MANY KNOWING LIES that the "news" spews into print & onto the airwaves constantly.

yours, satx

If that is the case, how can you trust that the incident even happened? Or that there was really a flight crew needing to board? How can you trust that he wasn't removed simply because the pilot didn't like asians? How can you be sure he offered any resistance and wasn't just clubbed and drug off the plane for no reason?

Which unimpeachable source are you using to get the REAL story?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Lots of error in your post:
    1. He wasn't removed due to overbooking, he was asked to leave as a 4-person flight crew had to board to get to another airport. It was a last minute situation for the flight crew due a problem at some other airport.

Thats the airline's problem, not his. He fulfilled his terms of the contract.

2. FAA sets the maximum they can pay passengers depending on circumstances.
    A. And the airlines set up what that maximum is. ;)
    B. They didn't go tot he maximum, they just started trying to pull people AFTER they were already seated. i've never seen that before and I used to fly weekly.
    3. In situations such as this it isn't a random pick, it is based on check-in time, or at least that is what is supposed to happen. The last four to check in for the flight were asked to deplane, 3 went peaceably, 1 did not.
    Told not asked. There was no negotiation on remuneration. We don't know how the selection occurred. We do know it didn't occur until after the plane was fully boarded.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Thats the airline's problem, not his. He fulfilled his terms of the contract.

Nope, it is a part of the contract that the airline has the right to bump passengers, even after already seated.

And the airlines set up what that maximum is.

My understanding is that it is set by the FAA. Of course the airlines try to get it done for less if they can.

i've never seen that before and I used to fly weekly.

I have.

We do know it didn't occur until after the plane was fully boarded.

It was a last minute situation to get the flight crew to Louisville. Stuff happens.

Last edited:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    -It was set by the FAA. If you don't know who helped the FAA come up with that then you need to ramp up that cynicism level by several geometric factors. It was laso not used in this instance.

-It may be an escape clause in the contract, but if the company is setting up a pattern and practice of routinely obviating the primary terms of the contract, thats potentially actionable under contract law or IMPORTANTLY tort law.

-Stuff may happen indeed. UAL's stock is down 2% in pretrading, and the story was hit 160mm times in China alone. The Feds are now investigating. UAL is paying bigtime for their utter incompetence.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    -Stuff may happen indeed. UAL's stock is down 2% in pretrading, and the story was hit 160mm times in China alone. The Feds are now investigating. UAL is paying bigtime for their utter incompetence.

Yep, and all because the guy resisted LEO, and LEO's bosses are now saying he didn't follow proper procedure.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom