DK Firearms

For American gun owners, who will be our REAL choice in 2020?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    Well, like most laws, it only affects the law abiding. All I have heard is that it requires personal sales and so called "gun show loophole" purchases to go through a FFL.
    I WILL NOT COMPLY with any law that requires a background check to buy or sell a gun to or from a private party as a private sale. Feel free to do what you like, though. Perhaps you would like to go turn in your guns now, to avoid the rush.
    Texas SOT

1776-1976

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Colmesneil Texas 75938
    Where did you read that a UBC requires a gun registry? Background check is on the person, not the gun.[/QUOTE So how does the government know who owns what firearms? Yellow sheets are useless since many of the original purchasers of firearms have sold, traded, lost, or had stolen many of those firearms over the years. They need a current and accurate data base to insure people comply with the universal background check. It is not a matter of if but when the leftist get back a majority. A accurate database can be used for imposing a newly created tax, license, or mandatory insurance on each firearm owned. A accurate database can be used for the government confiscation of any firearms banned in the future. Ultimately their goal is total disarmament of the citizens so it may start off as a ban on AR's and AK's but it will keep expanding until that 13 round tube fed 22 rifle, the 15 round semi auto pistol, and the detachable mag shotguns are considered high capacity weapons of war. The national gun registry and the universal background check ARE integrated.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    To 1776-1976: I was asking where you heard or read that. I certainly don't disagree that there are many politicians that want us unarmed.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I WILL NOT COMPLY with any law that requires a background check to buy or sell a gun to or from a private party as a private sale. Feel free to do what you like, though. Perhaps you would like to go turn in your guns now, to avoid the rush.

Well keep in mind you are only 50% of the decision making process. My guess is there are going to be few who do not abide unless it is a friend.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You do not know what your talking about. In order for universal background checks to be implemented you must have a national gun registration.

We have had NICS for 25 years without a national gun registration. Extending NICS to non-FFL sales does not suddenly require registration. The current voluntary system will just be mandatory.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    We have had NICS for 25 years without a national gun registration. Extending NICS to non-FFL sales does not suddenly require registration. The current voluntary system will just be mandatory.
    Finally, someone making sense. A couple of someones, actually. I wasn't going to argue with the guy, saw no mileage in it. Plus it makes my blood pressure go up.

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    Well keep in mind you are only 50% of the decision making process. My guess is there are going to be few who do not abide unless it is a friend.
    I was talking about this with a fellow enthusiast and he said how will they know WHEN you bought that gun ? So, how will they know if I bought/sold it before or after the background check was required ? We decided to make any purchases/sales that we are planning before the law changes

1776-1976

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Colmesneil Texas 75938
    We have had NICS for 25 years without a national gun registration. Extending NICS to non-FFL sales does not suddenly require registration. The current voluntary system will just be mandatory.[/QUOTE First the "universal background check" has NOTHING to do with preventing crime and is being pushed for the SOLE purpose of creating a national firearms registry. To put it in simple terms for you to understand: How would the government know you sold/traded a firearm at all if they did not have a current/accurate database of who owns what firearms? And what do you mean when you say the current voluntary system will just be mandatory? Since when has it been voluntary? If you buy a firearms through an FFL there is nothing voluntary about it. In addition you will have to pay an FFL to do the background check. This is a backdoor to firearms confiscation and will be used to prosecute those who know the law is unconstitutional and refuse to comply as well as used to confiscate firearms the government unconstitutionally bans in the future and unconstitutionally taxes, licenses, and mandatory liability insurance on each firearm you own to make it too costly for many to exercise their Second Amendment Right.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    And of course they promptly delete all the data from the NICS checks...

1776-1976

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Colmesneil Texas 75938
    They wouldn't know regardless, unless you go through an FFL or get caught.
    So lets say for some reason federal or state law enforcement runs the serial numbers and you do not show up as the registered owner? You do not think there will be fines and/or imprisonment for failure to register? Its kind of like when they banned fully automatic rifles (machine guns). You used to be able to buy them with no background checks and you could even mail order them and have them sent direct to your address. Then they made it a law they had to be registered and regulated. Many of those machine guns that wound up in granddads closet or attic and later found by there children or grandchildren are no longer registerable and felonies to posses. You can not even legally sale them anymore. The same will be true for that modern day firearm you failed to register. It will only have value on the black market if you ever decide you no longer need it or you need the money worse than the firearm to pay bill sometime down the road. In addition just imagine what kind of fines and/or imprisonment will be imposed if they pass mandatory licenses, taxes, and/or mandatory liability insurance on every firearm you own and you get caught with one that is unregistered?

1776-1976

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Colmesneil Texas 75938
    I have argued this enough. If your to stupid to see that the universal background check is the justification the federal government will use for national gun registration. And the unconstitutional attacks on our Second Amendment they could implement with a universal background check and national gun registration as law you deserve all that follows.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    So lets say for some reason federal or state law enforcement runs the serial numbers and you do not show up as the registered owner? You do not think there will be fines and/or imprisonment for failure to register? Its kind of like when they banned fully automatic rifles (machine guns). You used to be able to buy them with no background checks and you could even mail order them and have them sent direct to your address. Then they made it a law they had to be registered and regulated. Many of those machine guns that wound up in granddads closet or attic and later found by there children or grandchildren are no longer registerable and felonies to posses. You can not even legally sale them anymore. The same will be true for that modern day firearm you failed to register. It will only have value on the black market if you ever decide you no longer need it or you need the money worse than the firearm to pay bill sometime down the road. In addition just imagine what kind of fines and/or imprisonment will be imposed if they pass mandatory licenses, taxes, and/or mandatory liability insurance on every firearm you own and you get caught with one that is unregistered?
    They would have to get that information from the FFL. A transaction doesn't go through until you pass NICS. After it comes back okay then the sale and recording of a serial number is kept by the FFL. I also haven't heard that you couldn't gift a gun if UBC is passed.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Well, if they want to make me a criminal,.....

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    Top Bottom