• Status
    Not open for further replies.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Okay. This coming week will be up at Rick's Smokey Mo's. Rick.....give us directions!

Coach........where is this place we're venturing to?

OK, kids...The Avery Ranch Smokey Mo's IS withing the city limits of Austin; but just barely. We will be able to take a gander at the already overflowing Brushy Creek Lake(the 'boundary' between Austin and Cedar Park in these parts.). The restaurant is located in the Overlook Plaza on the northwest corner of the Avery Ranch Blvd/Parmer Lane intersection. If you are headed up(northwest) Parmer, turn left onto Avery Ranch Blvd and take an immediate right into the Plaza, the wiggle your way to the Parmer Lane side of the shopping center. Smokey's faces Parmer Lane. IF you are headed down from Cedar Park on Parmer, you will see Smokey Mo's on the right before you get to the intersection @ Avery Ranch Blvd.

If you are familiar with the Brushy Creek Trail, you might be surprised to see how far under water it is!!!...No chance that we will be flooded for lunch, however....we are on HIGH ground up here!
    Avery Ranch
    10621 W. Parmer Ln
    (Avery Ranch & Parmer Ln)
    Austin, TX 78717
    call_skype_logo.png
    (512) 467-4891

http://www.smokeymosbbq.com/

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    OK, kids...The Avery Ranch Smokey Mo's IS withing the city limits of Austin; but just barely. We will be able to take a gander at the already overflowing Brushy Creek Lake(the 'boundary' between Austin and Cedar Park in these parts.). The restaurant is located in the Overlook Plaza on the northwest corner of the Avery Ranch Blvd/Parmer Lane intersection. If you are headed up(northwest) Parmer, turn left onto Avery Ranch Blvd and take an immediate right into the Plaza, the wiggle your way to the Parmer Lane side of the shopping center. Smokey's faces Parmer Lane. IF you are headed down from Cedar Park on Parmer, you will see Smokey Mo's on the right before you get to the intersection @ Avery Ranch Blvd.

If you are familiar with the Brushy Creek Trail, you might be surprised to see how far under water it is!!!...No chance that we will be flooded for lunch, however....we are on HIGH ground up here!
    Avery Ranch
    10621 W. Parmer Ln
    (Avery Ranch & Parmer Ln)
    Austin, TX 78717
    call_skype_logo.png
    (512) 467-4891

http://www.smokeymosbbq.com/
    We drove by the flooded park this afternoon. It's not quite as bad as 2011, but pretty close. If we get another 2" or 3" by the weekend, it could just match the earlier flood.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    We drove by the flooded park this afternoon. It's not quite as bad as 2011, but pretty close. If we get another 2" or 3" by the weekend, it could just match the earlier flood.
    Yep, I have pictures of the water lapping the bottom of the Parmer Lane bridge...THAT was some deep water! I'm not sure if they are regulating the flow out of the lake...it may be a one size fits all type of thing, since the flood zone above the dam is park land, ball fields , trail and golf course rather than the populated areas downstream.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Wait! What? There's more'n one Smokey Moe's? Just about as close to my 'hood as can legally happen. I'm planning to be there.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yep, I have pictures of the water lapping the bottom of the Parmer Lane bridge...THAT was some deep water! I'm not sure if they are regulating the flow out of the lake...it may be a one size fits all type of thing, since the flood zone above the dam is park land, ball fields , trail and golf course rather than the populated areas downstream.
    There's just the one concrete "tower" drain fixture down by the Brushy Creek Lake dam - and it catches a lot of brush & wood debris. years ago I saw one of those cheap HEB plastic lawn chairs stuck in the drainage grate.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Sounds like a good lunch, I'll see everyone in Liberty Hill.

Stop that! The fun people will be at Avery Ranch Smokey Mo's !!! Then a trip to Shady Oaks!
    If you still aren't sure where it is, Avery Ranch Blvd intersects Parmer Lane about 1/2 mile north of Kelly Reeves Stadium(The Palace). If you are headed north on Parmer and want to get a quick look at the flooded Brushy Creek Park/Lake, continue north(crossing the bridge over the 'lake' and just make a U-turn at Brushy Creek Rd to return to Smokey Mo's)

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Good turnout today! Especially as far out as it was.
    So, next week, we will be at Mann's BBQ.
    The week after we'll be at Brickhouse.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Looking forward to some Mann's pulled pork this week!!! A bit of free homemade ice cream to wash it down will be nice!

AND...no threat of getting washed away by storms...YAY !!

DANG!!! I HATE to hear THIS...DANG!!!

We want to thank everyone for the 18+ years as Jim and Sallie dove into the BBQ biz without skipping a beat! We will be open until November 25th, our last day, and couldn't begin to thank you all for the support over the years! Thanks for an amazing ride! ‪#‎BBQ‬ ‪#‎atx‬

https://www.facebook.com/MannsBBQ/?fref=ts

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308