• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I have a couple sample tubes of Mil-Comm TW25 that my brother laid on me last week.

Haven't run the AR with it yet, but it seems to work well on my bolt action .22lr.

I wish I had the funds to do a similar abuse test. The company claims it is used by the US Armed Forces.

Sent from an undisclosed location.
    I just looked up it's specs online. It seems like a pretty good product. Gun grease in general is usually pretty good. It works real well on slides. I have gun grease that I've been using on my pistols for a while with no issue. It doesn't penetrate as well, but it's still pretty good for keeping the friction down.
    Capitol Armory ad

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Excellent report. It pretty much confirms the results that I have experienced, except I have never attempted the same level of testing that you accomplished. I will agree that the eventual cleanup is much easier when using Frog Lube than other products. I did not have the sun to warm my gun parts during application, so I used a Hello Kitty hair dryer to heat the parts, that my daughter said she didn't use anymore... :)

The FL paste and acid brushes worked the best for me for application to the parts.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Question for those of you who have tried both the paste and the CLP-what's the difference? I'm thinking the paste is probably more for pistols and the CLP is probably more for rifles-but can be used for anything. I can't imagine the paste is as easy to apply to a bolt carrier group, or to your rags for swabbing a barrel.

jtyler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Peeltown
    I tried the paste on my rifle and didnt like it. Jammed. Alot. Went back to regular lube til I get the clp frog lube. Use the paste on my pistols and love it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I was going to order a kit tonight that has both as well a solvent. New to frog lube, kinda old fashion, but i like this discussion.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Question for those of you who have tried both the paste and the CLP-what's the difference? I'm thinking the paste is probably more for pistols and the CLP is probably more for rifles-but can be used for anything. I can't imagine the paste is as easy to apply to a bolt carrier group, or to your rags for swabbing a barrel.

Warm the part up with a heat gun, hair dryer, warm sunny day, etc. and when you apply the paste, it will liquefy and flow into all the nooks and crannies.

As far as swabbing the barrel, I rub a little paste onto a bore snake on the bristles and a little before and after the bristles on the cloth. I then run the snake through a few times, checking the barrel and snake after each pass until satisfied.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Did you disassemble the bolt or just lube the assembly?

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

Complete tear down and lube-even removed the extractor from the bolt.

They mentioned sending me something....we'll see what I get :D Hell, even if its just the paste they forgot to send in my sample pack, that'll be good so I can try it out.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom