• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Comfort is a relative thing so arguing about how X is more comfy than y is plain silly. I'm 5'6 and have been between 180 & 195. I can conceal a G21+x300 in an IWB.

Then why are you arguing it? I don't think it's a silly argument at all. If someone leaves their gun at home because it's uncomfortable to carry concealed, polite society suffers.

When away from the home open carry is stupid.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but that's a very ignorant statement. If you can't imagine any situations where open carry is an advantage, you aren't trying hard enough. If open carry was a stupid idea away from home, few gun owners would support it so much.

People make the same statement about CC, BTW.

Even if it didn't paint a bullseye on your back for political or criminal events, the element of surprise should never be willingly relinquished.

Never say never. A crime prevented (through intimidation) is better than a crime committed (and necessitating actual use of a firearm).

All of this arguing over the merits of CC vs OC is moot anyway. It's a done deal and almost no one is going to do it.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I must be nuts because I have no problem with this event at all. Sounds like a lot of fun publicly sticking another gun victory to liberals and worrying the local Moms Who Need Action.
    This isn't a celebration. It's a demonstration/publicity stunt/political tardery. They are being sore "winners".

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I love this place.......

If open carry isn't going to be popular, the thousands of folks just now getting an LTC think otherwise....

Across the State LTC courses are packed......and have been since October....

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I love this place.......

If open carry isn't going to be popular, the thousands of folks just now getting an LTC think otherwise....

This. We are a growing constituency.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I love this place.......

What I am hearing from students is that they think ( mistakenly) that the class is going to be longer after 1/1/16. This is an overwhelming sentiment.

CZPistol

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2015
    123 Easy St.
    On this we do not.

Given the severe lack of practicing open carry in states that have had OC laws for decades, what makes you think TX will be any different (once the "celebration" wears off?

This. We are a growing constituency.

My fear is that the actions of the OTC asshats will cause the "other side's" constituency to grow in step with our side.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Given the severe lack of practicing open carry in states that have had OC laws for decades, what makes you think TX will be any different (once the "celebration" wears off?

1) Because Texas!
    2) Climate. The combination of hot + muggy in many parts makes OC significantly more desirable for many reasons.
    3) Because Texas!

I will concede that "significantly" when talking about 5% of the population being licensed (still irks me to say that) is a small number, overall.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    What I am hearing from students is that they think ( mistakenly) that the class is going to be longer after 1/1/16. This is an overwhelming sentiment.

Some of the misconceptions I have heard........

The class is going back to 10 hours.......

The NRA is going to take over the LTC (CHL) Program.......

You won't need a license to open carry......

You will need a special holster for retention....

You won't need to have a holster if you have a belt clip on your pistol.......

CZPistol

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2015
    123 Easy St.
    1) Because Texas!
    2) Climate. The combination of hot + muggy in many parts makes OC significantly more desirable for many reasons.
    3) Because Texas!

I will concede that "significantly" when talking about 5% of the population being licensed (still irks me to say that) is a small number, overall.

i get the "because Texas" part, but I just spent 2 weeks in another state that gets just as hot, and muggier, than Texas, and has had OC for decades, and didn't see a single weapon being OC'd...and that included very rural parts of the state.

But, concession accepted. ;)

GLI45

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    This isn't a celebration. It's a demonstration/publicity stunt/political tardery. They are being sore "winners".

Exactly right! They remind me of the suburban commandos that I've seen at the range from time to time that have plenty of "tacticool" gear but struggle to hit a 12" circle at ten yards.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

I can't agree. Good people are slowly getting their freedoms back. It should be celebrated.

2406bc12dba10a8ac2a1bf8b79a3ff7e.jpg

Top Bottom