• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Excuse my totaly obvious ignorance, but how is this so much different from a bunch of guys scheduling a get together some where on New Years day?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Excuse my totaly obvious ignorance, but how is this so much different from a bunch of guys scheduling a get together some where on New Years day?

Making it a public demonstration, inviting out the media and otherwise flaunting OC vs simply enjoying it (and for us, in a place where the owner has confirmed it's welcome). And taking credit for something you pretty much helped kill (and failed, thankfully).

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Making it a public demonstration, inviting out the media and otherwise flaunting OC vs simply enjoying it (and for us, in a place where the owner has confirmed it's welcome). And taking credit for something you pretty much helped kill (and failed, thankfully).

Yep, that is completely different.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    They didn't help, quite the opposite, though they claim OC as THEIR victory.

Nope...!

I do however, recognize they're constant need for attention.

picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country
    It does make one wonder what these folks have for brains, I can not and I have given this some thought.
    Think of one reason to open carry.
    I can think of several to carry concealed.
    Best/joe

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    It does make one wonder what these folks have for brains, I can not and I have given this some thought.
    Think of one reason to open carry.
    I can think of several to carry concealed.
    Best/joe

Demonstrating responsible application of the second amendment is the best reason to OC.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Demonstrating responsible application of the second amendment is the best reason to OC.

But that's almost never mentioned and should be. Not in the angry "my rights!" way but just a comment that it's as much or more about making a political statement than anything else. That it eclipses the tactical and strategic issues, or at least that you aren't convinced that there is enough other reasons to counter your desire to make a statement.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

They are making carrying guns a big deal. It's not a big deal. We'll get our rights back when everyone realizes it's not a big deal.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom