• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    Who cares, there is no woman here to tell us we are wrong.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic
    ahuii.jpg

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    We had a neighbor, Josh and Janey. Janey was a looker and Josh a hard worker always with long hours, Janey was a school teacher with no shortage of time on her hands while Josh made the bucks. You can figure, Janey got bored except on payday she soon found some guys to hook up with. She got caught and they divorced. Janey like most women in Texas fared very well getting the house, money and yes Josh's brand new Corvette. She got the car but Josh had the paperwork, paid the note and the insurance.

Wish I had the pic I took: Came license time and Janey got some Texas personalized plates:

Texas

2 BIT X

Think this would be Flash's version of Jack & Diane

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    Oh yeah, i can see it.

Riiiiight there,,,,,,

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic
    It gets flipped when some jackass is out walking their dog in the neighborhood (with no leash)and the dog comes at me and Max. I carry a Kimber Pepper Blaster and my "draw instinct" is quite ingrained

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Bonnie and I lived together for 11 years but now we're just friends and we live apart. She called and came over late this afternoon, played with Jake and we caught up on things. I had about 4 pounds of cooked chicken legs so we brewed up some chicken Burritos that were KILLER! Later, we watched that damned girly show where she picks her mate and got burned. They reveal the winner next week! GRRRR!

We get along great!

I mention this because she has her life, I have mine, we meet on common ground when it suits us and have no hard feelings. That's how relationships should be. That's how relationships should end.

In marriage, jealousy, control, "who's in charge" creep in and screw things up. Sex, the powerful attraction that brought the couple together is now a commodity that is doled out or withheld as a tool of manipulation.

Worse, everything the couple owns is now under the sole control of the state. Ever been divorced? If not, you find out damned quickly who is actually in control of your financial life. There is a whole divorce industry set up to bleed the hapless couple dry.

These are points to ponder.................and I mention them in conversation not as a condemnation of marriage. Just think about them.

Flash

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Crazy can be good, just don't marry it (or date long term).
    I lost my best friend in high school by incompetently following that advice. I was dating a crazy (fun crazy, most of the time, but still crazy) and right before graduation I knew that I needed to either break it off or she was going to do what was necessary to make sure I made an honest woman of her.

Instead of manning up and just breaking it off, I introduced her to my best friend. I knew she's jump to him because his family had lots of money. Before the introduction, I clearly told him that she was nuts and a gold digger and that if he wanted to play with fire, fine, but he should watch out and not get burned. He listened to my warning and then gave me permission to go forward with the introduction. He was in the mood for some meaningless fun and said he could handle any amount of crazy.

He couldn't. She got pregnant. They got married. He never forgave me or spoke to me again.

Mark, if you're out there buddy, I'm sorry.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I lost my best friend in high school by incompetently following that advice. I was dating a crazy (fun crazy, most of the time, but still crazy) and right before graduation I knew that I needed to either break it off or she was going to do what was necessary to make sure I made an honest woman of her.

Instead of manning up and just breaking it off, I introduced her to my best friend. I knew she's jump to him because his family had lots of money. Before the introduction, I clearly told him that she was nuts and a gold digger and that if he wanted to play with fire, fine, but he should watch out and not get burned. He listened to my warning and then gave me permission to go forward with the introduction. He was in the mood for some meaningless fun and said he could handle any amount of crazy.

He couldn't. She got pregnant. They got married. He never forgave me or spoke to me again.

There is a hit out on you

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

I honestly see absolutely no fault on your part for that happening.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Bonnie and I lived together for 11 years but now we're just friends and we live apart. She called and came over late this afternoon, played with Jake and we caught up on things. I had about 4 pounds of cooked chicken legs so we brewed up some chicken Burritos that were KILLER! Later, we watched that damned girly show where she picks her mate and got burned. They reveal the winner next week! GRRRR!

We get along great!

I mention this because she has her life, I have mine, we meet on common ground when it suits us and have no hard feelings. That's how relationships should be. That's how relationships should end.

In marriage, jealousy, control, "who's in charge" creep in and screw things up. Sex, the powerful attraction that brought the couple together is now a commodity that is doled out or withheld as a tool of manipulation.

Worse, everything the couple owns is now under the sole control of the state. Ever been divorced? If not, you find out damned quickly who is actually in control of your financial life. There is a whole divorce industry set up to bleed the hapless couple dry.

These are points to ponder.................and I mention them in conversation not as a condemnation of marriage. Just think about them.

Flash
    Again, your all-encompassing logic is flawed. Not all marriages are about control. Nor jealousy. Nor sex. After thirteen years and three small kids together, my wife and I still enjoy sex a minimum of three times a week. Even directly after having children, we still found creative ways to be intimate. If I walked in on my wife and another man engaged in a close conversation I would assume he's trying to sell her a vacuum (or steaks). My wife has made it abundantly clear how much she hates being called "the boss" because neither of us are each other's master. We aren't slaves, we aren't to be controlled. The only people I bow and serve are my three kids — but that's a different story altogether.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

We get along great!

Flash
    My first marriage was not so good. I was in the Army, she hated the Army, hated Ft Hood and everything that went along with it. But payday she was the first one in the PX. She hated moving instead of leaving her at Ft Hood when I went to Korea I sent her back home to Dallas and bought her a house. I came back from Korea and she demanded I get out of the Army then, but I said I can't, I am at Ft Hood. She stayed in Dallas.

So after just a few months more than 5 years of marriage and me commuting between Dallas and Ft hood she files for divorce. By then all she did was make me a happy man. She took everything but the starch in my fatigues, I did not even have a lawyer. We had no kids. Its 1980!

Its 1999 the year of VINDICTIVENESS!

I have not seen or heard from the woman in almost 20 years. I had retired from the Army went into the IT business, stayed single and did well financially.

I am sitting in my home office opening a stack of mail after being out on the road for most of the week. I pickup and envelope and its from lawyer so I figure they want to sell me something. Usually I throw that stuff away, but for some reason I open it. I am being sued...WTF, and who is this person suing me? Then it dawns on me its my long forgotten x wife. YES she is suing me!!!!!!!! The reason? Due to my success and her not so success. Are they crazy????

Of course she does not mention that I promised her parents that I would see to she finished college and got her degree...I DID! I sent to to UT Austin, she was a triple major in the school of business and a teaching certificate. When I met her she was working in a bank for min wage. After she grad from UT WITH HONORS she went back to the bank and you guessed worked for min wage. After we got divorced she got a job as a school teacher.

In the papers her and her lawyer are ask for a 1 time payment of close to $50k and about $1700 for the rest of her life all due to her being a low paid school teacher and me being successful...note I am no uber rich guy, just a well paid IT consultant. It seems that she and her lawyer used my SS # to pull my financial data so they knew how much home cost etc etc.

I did not think the suit would float and neither did a lawyer I talked to. Well it did. I end up in court in Denton Cty Tx, no lawyer and the Judge (female) awards her something like $6k cash and about $700 per mo the rest of her life. Her slime ball lawyer managed to convince the judge that due to my income my military retirement should be given to my wife as I clearly did not need it. Well they did not get all they asked for and came up with a formula to be applied.

REVENGE: Revenge came in 2 parts. Part I: I am sitting outside the courtroom when this woman walks up to me and says how are you doing? I lookup and say I am here for a court appointment. She says yes, don't you know me, its Pam! I slowly stand up and my head turns side to side so I can take in the entire width of this woman, I look into those murky eyes, her smile erupts over brown teeth as she shakes her head throwing back hair looking like it came from a P trap from under a bathtub...while flashes of a big smile, big blonde hair, short skirt college cheerleader is now juxtaposed in my mind and the vision before me. Before I gasp and burst out into laughter I lean down to hug her and take note that my fingers do not touch each other in the hug. I stand back still struggling to take in all of her and there is a LOT to take in...well this is not the tanned little girl laying next to the pool in the smallest of bikinis. With luck we are called about then and I follow her in, looking at a set of hips that would have made a brood-mare jealous.

To describe what she looked like almost 20 years later: Her daddy's looks and her mama's personality, ugly and uglier!

Part II: I won't go into the detail (only because I forgot by now the details) of how the settlement was arrived at. But as I sat doing my taxes each year and while it as not the money it was the principle of things. By some fluke I recalculated her money based upon how much I was now making...well that is interesting, she would get less money. So I do a recal and go back several years, even more interesting is she gets less money every year. The settlement does not have a cost of living adjustment in it. I lay it out in a letter and send it to her lawyer (he gets her monthly check). Now flash forward...I have ended with my payments to. The amount had dropped down quite a lot and I always sent it to her lawyer as I did not have her address (she did not want me bothering her) so I know he was taking a good chunk of her check as the lawyer was ranked one of the Top Ten Divorce lawyers in Texas.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom