• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    So, you went to court against one of the best atty in tx w/o your own atty?
    Yep, sure did and did it twice.

I can tell you that when I talked with a couple of lawyers about it, they both asked if I knew the name of her atty, I said I did. When I told them the name they said he ill fight you and drag it out in court. Most lawyers would have just sent you a letter and asked to nego and settle out of court. But his standing on the suit was not strong. Her case was weak and even in front of a judge that gave good settlements to divorcees' she would never get what they are asking for. Both the lawyers I talked with suggested just go to court and see what happens. If you don't like the results then come back and hire a lawyer and file an appeal...BUT expect to pay long and hard to fight the suit.

So that is what I did and in my post discussions I think I fared well. My total out of pocket was just under $15k. That is peanuts when you get into long drawn out court fights with a heavy duty lawyer.
    Military Camp

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Cowboy.....What a saga! OMG, what an ordeal that situation must have been!

Flash
    It was, but seeing that cute little cheerleader I married looking like a fat pig and I MEAN FAT almost 20 years later in that courtroom made my day. Then when I discovered they had not included a cost of living adjustment in her monthly pay out and she tapped out after a few years it was another great day. Her dreams of a monthly pay day from me for the rest of her life went up in smoke.

Just goes to show you how vindictive some women can be. I think the audacity of her believing she deserved 'all that' for barely 5 years of marriage, she was crazy. And I did it without paying a lawyer a cent...

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It was, but seeing that cute little cheerleader I married looking like a fat pig and I MEAN FAT almost 20 years later in that courtroom made my day. Then when I discovered they had not included a cost of living adjustment in her monthly pay out and she tapped out after a few years it was another great day. Her dreams of a monthly pay day from me for the rest of her life went up in smoke.

Just goes to show you how vindictive some women can be. I think the audacity of her believing she deserved 'all that' for barely 5 years of marriage, she was crazy. And I did it without paying a lawyer a cent...

Just curious, what state was this in?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    All you need to do is see who does the hammering and who gets hammered to determine the real Bad Guys"! During the years that I ran those divorce readjustment groups, I had the chance to peer into several thousand divorces. Cowboy, while your divorce story sucks big time, change the names and some details and most are strikingly similar! There is a "screwer" and a "screwee" in each. Gender almost always assigns those roles.

Flash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    umu9a2a2.jpg

RIP TOTSE

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    This thread should be renamed "The Psycho Of A Woman".

I have my own story but I don't know you guys well enough to share it.

I'll just say there was stalking involved (which continues to this day) and several restraining orders.

And no. I didn't "scorn" her.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    All you need to do is see who does the hammering and who gets hammered to determine the real Bad Guys"! During the years that I ran those divorce readjustment groups, I had the chance to peer into several thousand divorces. Cowboy, while your divorce story sucks big time, change the names and some details and most are strikingly similar! There is a "screwer" and a "screwee" in each. Gender almost always assigns those roles.

Flash
    I would say you are right on!

I was speaking with one of my buddies and after some beers and swapping stories I asked him WHY he was still married after all those years? He just looked at me and said:

"cheaper to keeper her"

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Again, your all-encompassing logic is flawed. Not all marriages are about control. Nor jealousy. Nor sex. After thirteen years and three small kids together, my wife and I still enjoy sex a minimum of three times a week. Even directly after having children, we still found creative ways to be intimate. If I walked in on my wife and another man engaged in a close conversation I would assume he's trying to sell her a vacuum (or steaks). My wife has made it abundantly clear how much she hates being called "the boss" because neither of us are each other's master. We aren't slaves, we aren't to be controlled. The only people I bow and serve are my three kids — but that's a different story altogether.

My marriage experience has been similarly awesome. Plus my wife is good looking and likes to cook.

I'm 100% positive its because we consider it a sacrament and commitment we made before God until our deaths.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    One of my friends favorite story, is the time he bought a 2kt diamond ring for his gf.

She left him not too long after that for another guy. She later called him back up. To tell him he's an a$$hole. Her and her new bf tried to pawn the ring, only to be told it was a CZ.

RIP TOTSE

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    One of my friends favorite story, is the time he bought a 2kt diamond ring for his gf.

She left him not too long after that for another guy. She later called him back up. To tell him he's an a$$hole. Her and her new bf tried to pawn the ring, only to be told it was a CZ.

RIP TOTSE

Great story!

Top Bottom