Guns International

FYI: TSRA Legislative Director answers a few questions about TX Permitless Carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    He wasn't confronted at his home. They talked to the State Troopers at his home and asked if they would convey information to him. He lied about what happened because he never had any intention of supporting it.

Let's not forget that TSRA's Alice Tripp continued to spread bonnen's lie knowing that it was a lie. She did that to coverup the fact that TSRA did not want CC passed. By blaming TXGR for bonnen killing the CC bill she did not have admit that TSRA did not want CC passed and that they actually worked against it.

It was not in the NRA's interest for Texas to have CC. And TSRA is a NRA puppet.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    That may have been back during Texas House Speaker Dennis Bonnen who was confronted at his home in Apr 2019 by Texas Gun Rights members. Not a good idea to get legislation passed to confront the people:banghead: who make the laws at their home. As it turned out Speaker Bonnen made sure the bill to allow constitutional carry never went anywhere during that session. Use honey not vinegar.
    Well before that. Bonnen was never going to let the bill out.

Also that article is misleading at best. McNutt went to the TXDPS security detail and asked if he could leave a flyer with them. He wasn't "intercepted", and he didn't confront Bonnen there.

Edit: Looks like I missed a page or two. Already said.

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    Let's not forget that TSRA's Alice Tripp continued to spread bonnen's lie knowing that it was a lie. She did that to coverup the fact that TSRA did not want CC passed. By blaming TXGR for bonnen killing the CC bill she did not have admit that TSRA did not want CC passed and that they actually worked against it.

It was not in the NRA's interest for Texas to have CC. And TSRA is a NRA puppet.
    Roadrunner, I have no knowledge of what Alice did or didn't do. I'm here now and I will fight like the rabid dog I can be (ask TexasRedneck-I annoy him all the time, lol ;-))

Puppet? Really? Did you just mean to offend me or something else. CLEARLY with the passage of Permitless and 13 other SIGNIFICANT bills last session, I/we are NO ONE's puppet. Frankly, your NRA State Director (read:lobbyist) is a very smart effective woman who would be embarrassed by my speaking about the highly significant pay cut and extra work she's been assigned-all in the name of our rights.

That said, if I don't like a bill-I ain't backing it, full stop. Being from Maryland, and happily a Texan by choice, I've seen most, if not all of the Progressive Wing/Anti-Gun plays. My eyes are wide open and TSRA/TSRAPAC have your backs. Let me know when you find that not to be true while I hold this title. Until then, the past is the past and there isn't thing one I can do about that.

Look forward. March forward. This is my attitude.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Roadrunner, I have no knowledge of what Alice did or didn't do. I'm here now and I will fight like the rabid dog I can be (ask TexasRedneck-I annoy him all the time, lol ;-))

Puppet? Really? Did you just mean to offend me or something else. CLEARLY with the passage of Permitless and 13 other SIGNIFICANT bills last session, I/we are NO ONE's puppet. Frankly, your NRA State Director (read:lobbyist) is a very smart effective woman who would be embarrassed by my speaking about the highly significant pay cut and extra work she's been assigned-all in the name of our rights.

That said, if I don't like a bill-I ain't backing it, full stop. Being from Maryland, and happily a Texan by choice, I've seen most, if not all of the Progressive Wing/Anti-Gun plays. My eyes are wide open and TSRA/TSRAPAC have your backs. Let me know when you find that not to be true while I hold this title. Until then, the past is the past and there isn't thing one I can do about that.

The only issues that most of us have with the NRA is with leadership mismanaging the members money and the situation with the board that pretty much make it impossible to get control back from Wayne and his cabal. We want the NRA to continue espousing gun safety and training and support firearm use. But the group at the top has to go and the number of board members needs to be reduced to a reasonable number.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    On my list! The signs should be consistent and clear!
    I need to clarify. The signs need to be unenforceable unless you are trespassed. They create a dangerous situation for law abiding people who then have to disarm and leave their weapon in their vehicle where it can be stolen. Other states have unenforceable signs. Law abiding people prove those signs aren't necessary because criminals don't obey them.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I still like my LTC for the legal benefits.
    Good point but I note that the flyer didn't cover nearly all the legal benefits.

I've posted this before so I'll be brief.

When traveling internationally with firearms, many destination countries assume that anyone with a firearm must have some sort of permit to own firearms. There are exceptions in the laws of almost all nations that will allow U.S. shooters to bring firearms into the country, exceptions that recognize that Americans generally don't have firearm permits.

However, an LTC can take the place of a permit in the minds of foreign custom officials. When you happen to have your LTC bundled in with your other paperwork and foreign customs/border agents see it, it tends to make things run smoother. Owing to the way they've been conditioned to think, they seem to figure that if you have an LTC you must be a good guy or (more likely) so rich/well-connected that you should be given a wide berth.

It's a niche reason to have an LTC but for folks who travel abroad with firearms it can be a major plus.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here

YES, PUPPET! The TSRA is a puppet of the NRA. You can't very well take money from the NRA and not be their puppet! And no I did not mean to offend you, I am just stating facts. I know that sometimes the TRUTH hurts but you shouldn't be offended by it.

It sounds like you are trying to give the TSRA all of the credit for getting CC passed. I don't know that they deserve any of the credit since they fought AGAINST it in the previous session.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    YES, PUPPET! The TSRA is a puppet of the NRA. You can't very well take money from the NRA and not be their puppet! And no I did not mean to offend you, I am just stating facts. I know that sometimes the TRUTH hurts but you shouldn't be offended by it.

How much money does the TSRA get from the NRA annually?

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    The only issues that most of us have with the NRA is with leadership mismanaging the members money and the situation with the board that pretty much make it impossible to get control back from Wayne and his cabal. We want the NRA to continue espousing gun safety and training and support firearm use. But the group at the top has to go and the number of board members needs to be reduced to a reasonable number.
    Something needs to change on the non-ILA side, that's for sure. We agree on that! I won't pretend to know how to do THAT or which is the correct path but yeah, I hear this alot and as a Texan and Benefactor member of NRA, I agree with you

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County

It sounds like you are trying to give the TSRA all of the credit for getting CC passed. I don't know that they deserve any of the credit since they fought AGAINST it in the previous session.
    Why would you think we take money from NRA? The TRUTH is we do not. Not a penny.
    And no, Lord help me, any one who has spent any time in Austin (or Annapolis or any state capitol) knows that a major bill doesn't pass because of one person. Or Two. And frankly, none of us who are up there can do this work without all of you!

Without the emails, phone calls and testimony of all of you, we all stood together and got this done! I've said so in my speeches, magazine articles and emails. So where you are getting your information, I have no idea.

Anyway, we can be done with the mudslinging now and move on to --does anyone need any help or have questions? I genuinely enjoy helping folks out so if y'all need me- you know how to reach out!

Top Bottom