• rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    just a jab at "Hella"

basically S.F.'s equivalent of "y'all"

When I went to college in San Jose i resisted it for a good 6 mos... at first it was quantitative like you used it. Then it just started inserting itself into every other word lol.

Or the Minnesota "dontchanoo" lmao

Kind of like the SoCal "totally"... actually, yeah bro, it's totally the same.

The old joke was
    "How many bay area people does it take to change a light bulb?"

"Hella"

Sent from my SIG Sauer

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Just drove by San Antonio Costco, had people on the Access road and side streets directing traffic through a coned off lane. Lines out the parking lot and down the block on 2 sides. A fuel truck there I am guessing putting it back in as fast as they can. Was crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Filters should catch most of it. I believe the pumps have filters.

Add in the fact that most of the stations have been emptied a few times already I wouldn't worry about it.

^^This^^ Filters inside the dispenser catch all the crap.

Red-409PA-Series-Particulate-Removing-Spin-on-Fuel-Dispenser-Filter.png

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    ^^This^^ Filters inside the dispenser catch all the crap.

Red-409PA-Series-Particulate-Removing-Spin-on-Fuel-Dispenser-Filter.png
    Yea, sure. But how often do they get changed? I've only once in my life seen a guy pulling maintenance on the pumps at Copperas Cove HEB. I've never seen any other station have maintenance done on the pumps.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

impactbumper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 19, 2017
    San Antonio
    Just drove by San Antonio Costco, had people on the Access road and side streets directing traffic through a coned off lane. Lines out the parking lot and down the block on 2 sides. A fuel truck there I am guessing putting it back in as fast as they can. Was crazy.

It was mad

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Yea, sure. But how often do they get changed? I've only once in my life seen a guy pulling maintenance on the pumps at Copperas Cove HEB. I've never seen any other station have maintenance done on the pumps.

I found a suggested maintenance schedule........but I don't have an answer to your question. I've rarely seen anyone doing PM's on dispensers.

1.2.3 Check product dispensing
    flow rate at maximum (handheld) dispensing
    position. Verify flow rate is between 6.0 gpm and 10.0 gpm.

1.2.3.1 Replace dispenser filters when flow rate is below 6.5 gpm
    and check flow rate again. If the flow rate does not increase
    after filter change, remove the fueling point from service.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    No issues here in Salado other than the Cefco premium being out which I needed for my bike. Went to Brookshire Brothers and got premium and a fuel truck was at Cefco on the way back. The stupidity of people is ridiculous.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    No issues here in Salado other than the Cefco premium being out which I needed for my bike. Went to Brookshire Brothers and got premium and a fuel truck was at Cefco on the way back. The stupidity of people is ridiculous.
    That last line is one of the great truths of our times.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

I really don't understand your concern. If the filter gets full then the gas stops pumping. It isn't like the fuel can bypass the filter if it is full of crap.

If it is pumping fuel you are good. If it isn't pumping fuel does it really matter why?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Had a truck driver come buy hay from me today. Said he just came back from Houston. No lines at the gas pumps down there and he paid $2.18 for diesel at Bucees on 290. It was $2.29 here before the media frenzy started.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I'm in Houston and I have seen lines a couple days ago, but I haven't had to wait once. Drove up filled up no wait. Gas is going for 2.50 a gal now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I'm in Houston and I have seen lines a couple days ago, but I haven't had to wait once. Drove up filled up no wait. Gas is going for 2.50 a gal now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Same here. Paid $2.53/gal.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Found the solution, get gas at 4:30am! No lines whatsoever! Of course, it helped being jet-lagged (just got back from the Middle East) and my son borrowing my car to go to work yesterday. Since I was up, I decided to fill his car up so he could drive it instead today.

$2.55/gal for regular is a rip-off, but what are you going to do? Honestly, I wish I could have brought some gas back with me from my trip, it was almost half that where I was! :clown:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Found the solution, get gas at 4:30am! No lines whatsoever! Of course, it helped being jet-lagged (just got back from the Middle East) and my son borrowing my car to go to work yesterday. Since I was up, I decided to fill his car up so he could drive it instead today.

$2.55/gal for regular is a rip-off, but what are you going to do? Honestly, I wish I could have brought some gas back with me from my trip, it was almost half that where I was! :clown:

Should have filled up a wading pool and brought it with you on the plane.

Top Bottom