• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Gas 3.20gal, diesel at 3.98. My bike gets 80+mpg...it is good. Also helps we're only 2mls from base which is nothing of a commute and if needed, a jog in would suffice.

Gas prices are crazy, wish we could do whatever it was necessary to get them to go down.
    Capitol Armory ad

DEFKON99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    san antonio
    jeez check out kuwait city!!! $0.79c

gasprices.jpg

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Here in the North DFW are near my house, diesel hit $4.45/gallon as of last night.

I paid $4.09 last time I put any in (only let the pump cycle to $100 1 time) which was only about 2 weeks ago.

I may be doing a turn around trip to Austin towing my boat one way tomorrow which will knock out about 1 full tank at close to $200. :(

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I drive a 2008 Toyota Tundra DC 5.7L V8 4x4 and average 16mpg city/23mpg highway its not great, but I live in Idaho and with all the hauling and towing I do I need a truck. I also have 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee that averages about the same MPG as the Tundra does but only with a 4.0L I-6 engine.

boatfloater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    A couple days ago, I saw unleaded for 1.88 gallon. This is east Texas, Tyler/Longview area. I ride a 150cc scooter, so I wasn't having much trouble hanging with the inflated prices, but boy am I glad the price is down!

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    This is a fun thread to look back at ... in the past few months we have gone from $4.00/gallon and talking about scooters and Geo Metros to breathing a sigh of relief.
    Yesterday I paid $1.69/gal. when filling up my Quad Cab Dodge and am glad I didn't trade it in a few months back.

Funny how fast things can change...

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    This is a fun thread to look back at ... in the past few months we have gone from $4.00/gallon and talking about scooters and Geo Metros to breathing a sigh of relief.
    Yesterday I paid $1.69/gal. when filling up my Quad Cab Dodge and am glad I didn't trade it in a few months back.

Funny how fast things can change...

Ah, but is this a stable price point? The US Dollar seems to have regained some strength, which helped the price of oil, but the days of oil supply on the market exceeding demand seem to be behind us.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Still going down, which is generally a good thing, but I wouldn't count on it staying that low permanently or even all that long.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    It will probably stay low while the perception is that we are in a recession, or until OPEC get their s**t together and cuts production to the bone.
    They announced today that this is the 1st time in 25 years that we used less oil this year than the previous year.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    $1.57 in the north DFW area. An indication of how severely the global economy is/has slowed. Personally, I'm not expecting any improvements in the near future.

Jeff B.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    $1.57 in the north DFW area. An indication of how severely the global economy is/has slowed. Personally, I'm not expecting any improvements in the near future.

Jeff B.

And we're usually in a pocket of higher fuel prices out here in "The Mound"!!

For the first time since I can remember, I did my normal let the pump run until it shuts off and actually was within about 2 gallons of filling an almost empty tank! Yes, a hair shy of a full tank for only $100. Before they finally bumped pre-authorizations from $75 to $100, it would take 3 separate fills to fill up which I couldn't do because the pumps shut you down after 2 runs of the same card. At $100 pre-auth limit, I could finally fill up on 2 fills.

I'm still in shock, a dang near full tank of diesel for $100!!!!

Top Bottom