• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So back to the OP. What would the states really look like if they had their full constitutional rights? Because even the voters in Cali didn't want "gay marriage". Would all the gays have to move to Rhode Island or something?

If each state really was allowed to express itself, would Mississippi turn into a Blacks only state?

Just taking things to the extreme to draw out the illustration.

Only German speakers in Wisconsin?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    These kinds of threads always make me laugh.

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    If homosexuality is in fact genetic, I hope I live long enough to see the day that medical science identifies the gene and develops a test to determine whether a fetus carries it. I can't wait to watch the left suddenly carve out an exception to its sacred tenet of "abortion on demand for any reason" for babies that carry the gay gene.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I believe there's a genetic predisposition. I honestly feel like its a major challenge for people born with that predisposition. Still, everything we do each day is a choice we make. There are plenty of other genetic predispositions that people struggle with. We are all held accountable for our choices in the end.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I have a genetic disposition to be pissed off. I think if someone tried to abort me as a fetus I'd have torn that thing to shreds, eaten the broken parts and crapped them out. I don't like the gay lifestyle either but it's none of my business what others do provided they don't try to influence others... and especially my kids, if I had any young ones. I say let 'em be provided they keep their private lives private... and I won't try to influence them by getting pretty ladies to give them lap dances.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    In what ways do we not "let them be"? Nobody cares what they do in their personal lives. This has become an issue because they've managed to persuade the courts to force a redefinition of marriage onto society that, in Texas at least, 75% of us don't want. I'm happy to leave them be, but they need to leave me be as well or at least go through the proper constitutional channels if you want to make such a drastic change.

Last edited:

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    I have a genetic disposition to be pissed off. I think if someone tried to abort me as a fetus I'd have torn that thing to shreds, eaten the broken parts and crapped them out. I don't like the gay lifestyle either but it's none of my business what others do provided they don't try to influence others... and especially my kids, if I had any young ones. I say let 'em be provided they keep their private lives private... and I won't try to influence them by getting pretty ladies to give them lap dances.
    My wife has a hard time with my "libertarian" view of this. I made the comparison to eating chocolate cake for breakfast. It's unnatural and unhealthy. I don't want my children to see that and believe it's acceptable behavior. I want a more traditional and wholesome breakfast for myself and my children. But if you make that choice or you're genetically engineered to enjoy chocolate cake over a less-taboo breakfast choice, who am I to stop you. You don't force me to accept chocolate cake and I won't make you accept breakfast the way God intended it.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    My wife has a hard time with my "libertarian" view of this. I made the comparison to eating chocolate cake for breakfast. It's unnatural and unhealthy. I don't want my children to see that and believe it's acceptable behavior. I want a more traditional and wholesome breakfast for myself and my children. But if you make that choice or you're genetically engineered to enjoy chocolate cake over a less-taboo breakfast choice, who am I to stop you. You don't force me to accept chocolate cake and I won't make you accept breakfast the way God intended it.

I agree overall... but what is the breakfast God intended us to eat? Sausage or bacon and eggs? Pancakes or waffles with syrup?

Top Bottom