• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Too bad there are grinches who come in here stealing Christmas and proving our point.

I've eaten too much popcorn by now. Time for a break.

-PAK-

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Here's a conundrum for you: if I was a Gay Christian, I wouldn't attend a church that had a Gay Minister or allowed gay marriage any more than my Straight self would. I expect myself, as an individual to be imperfect which I am but I expect much more from the group or body that is the true presenter of Christian ideals, Biblical integrity, and is the governing body, so to speak. My position on this is no different than with secular authority; I expect myself as an imperfect person to break, from time-to-time, various laws of Man but it is much more egregious when, say, the Attorney-General does.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Those are people who claim to believe but aren't being sanctified and aren't living it.

I claimed to be a Christian since I was a kid. Ive been living as one for about 5 years.

When i mention indulging I am referring to indulging immorally or in immorality.
    Exactly. My faux-Christian younger self indulged in immorality for decades. I was not a good person. I was a philanderer, and was incredibly selfish and self-centered. Worst of all, I didn't give a rip. Fortunately, God didn't give up on me and kept intervening in my life. I know now what a piece of shit I was, recognize my failings, and repent every day for the imperfect person that I am. This is one of the biggest differences I've noticed between Christians and non-Christians. When we fail, which we do, we recognize our failures, repent, and strive to do better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom