Not open for further replies.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    There's a remarkably Christian statement. I missed the verses where Jesus discussed murdering those who disagree with you.

You and I both know that's a misrepresentation of his intent. That was more a "bug out and be ready to defend" than "go on a murderous rampage." Let's not engage in that twisting, please.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Only your brand of Christians. The rest of us could care less.

Actually, the government should not interfere with, or push against any religion or person following said religion so long as that person is not violating anyone's rights.

Saying "gay marriage is not a real marriage" or "gays should no be allowed to marry" does not violate the rights of said homosexual.

I don't think the gov taking its nose out of marriage (therefore, allowing gay marriage) is an attack though.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    You and I both know that's a misrepresentation of his intent. That was more a "bug out and be ready to defend" than "go on a murderous rampage." Let's not engage in that twisting, please.

Its no misrepresentation. Its a clear statement.
    Even yours contravenes Jesus teachings. He said nothing about "bugging out with my tacticool AR 15."
    I don't remember any of the martyrs going mano o mano with the Romans. I think you may be thinking of the wrong desert religion.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My point is that the whole gay thing is not an issue for many Christians, or Americans in general.

Christians have more important things to worry about, like helping the poor.

Gay marriage is a hot topic to cover up the real issues no one wants to tackle.

The bible supports self defense.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Even yours contravenes Jesus teachings. He said nothing about "bugging out with my tacticool AR 15."
    I don't remember any of the martyrs going mano o mano with the Romans. I think you may be thinking of the wrong desert religion.

Where does Jesus say one should take up arms against the government, or your brother.

Luke 22:34-38, emphasis mine:

34 Jesus answered, “I tell you, Peter, before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me.”
    35 Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?”
    “Nothing,” they answered.
    36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’[b]; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”
    38 The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.”
    “That’s enough!” he replied.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Sermon on the Mount​
    Matthew 5:43-48​
    You have learned that they were told, “Love your neighbor, hate your enemy.” Butwhat I tell you is this: Love your enemies and pray for your persecutors; only so canyou be children of your heavenly Father, who makes his sun shine on good and badalike, and sends the rain on the honest and the dishonest. If you love only those wholove you, what reward can you expect? Surely the tax-gatherers do as much as that. Andif you greet only your brothers, what is there extraordinary about that? Even the heathendo as much. There must be no limit to your goodness, as your heavenly Father’sgoodness knows no bounds.​
    Matthew 5:38-42​
    You have learned that they were told, “Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.” But what I tellyou is this: Do not set yourself against the man who wrongs you. If someone slaps youon the right cheek, turn and offer him your left. If a man wants to sue you for your shirt,let him have your coat as well. If a man in authority makes you go one mile, go withhim two. Give when you are asked to give; and do not turn your back on a man whowants to borrow.​
    Luke 6:27-36​
    Love your enemies; do good to those who hate you; bless those who curse you; pray forthose who treat you spitefully. When a man hits you on the cheek, offer him the othercheek too; when a man takes your coat, let him have your shirt as well. Give toeveryone who asks you; when a man takes what is yours, do not demand it back. Treatothers as you would like them to treat you. If you love only those who love you, whatcredit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. Again, if you do goodonly to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do as much.And if you lend only where you expect to be repaid, what credit is that to you? Evensinners lend to each other to be repaid in full. But you must love your enemies and dogood; and lend without expecting any return; and you will have a rich reward: you willbe sons of the Most High, because he himself is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be​
    compassionate as your Father is compassionate.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Gee, you're absolutely wrong of course. Ever hear of Gamla? The Jews fought the Romans in hand-to-hand combat...actually repelling them from the city for a time. Gamla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Read Romans 13: 1-3. The phrase "for rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil", is critically important because it shows us the context of this verse in the Bible. Government that is "Good" is to be obeyed but we are not compelled to obey one that is not.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I'm a bad person because if a man strikes me on one cheek... then I'll turn and kick his arse. If a person wants to sue me for my shirt then I'm gonna counter-sue for his coat.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Read Romans 13: 1-3. The phrase "for rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil", is critically important because it shows us the context of this verse in the Bible. Government that is "Good" is to be obeyed but we are not compelled to obey one that is not.

So you're going to kill "evil government?" Again you're going to kill people (and of course get yourself exterminated pretty quickly) because of who they sleep with?

Really?

Really?

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    So you're going to kill "evil government?" Again you're going to kill people (and of course get yourself exterminated pretty quickly) because of who they sleep with?

Really?

Really?
    You do understand the difference between "not compelled to obey" and "kill", don't you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom