• Status
    Not open for further replies.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    What rock did you just crawl out from under? Newsflash: The media isn't neutral either.

I'm beginning to wonder which is worse, or which is the tail and which is the dog.

That info was for those who call themselves libertarians and claim they just want a neutral government who stays out of this stuff. They need to ally with conservatives to drag things back to the middle. Then we can go from there.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    That info was for those who call themselves libertarians and claim they just want a neutral government who stays out of this stuff. They need to ally with conservatives to drag things back to the middle. Then we can go from there.

Gotcha. But I think what just about anyone wants, including libertarians, and what we actually have, are two different things. Even Obama doesn't have the government he wants.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Or just skip the dragging and minimize government intrusion.

Why do we need to drag people (metaphorically speaking)?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Voting.

Also, encouraging people to mind their own business. You know, pushing the idea that "if it don't hurt you, leave then alone".

Maybe idealistic, but no more so than the goals of true conservatives such as yourself. Both ends would be very difficult to reach.

I don't have it in me to make well rounded posts so any other well though comments will have to wait for tomorrow. Just to tired to really line things out right now.

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    Please don't twist my quotes in such a manner. In fact, I look forward to the day the ban hammer falls.

If you can't twist someone's words to make it mean something completely different than what they intended, it wouldn't be the internet. :)

Personally, I hate censorship and I hope you are wrong, but I have to suspect that if you let any thread go long enough, *someone* is going to get their panties in a wad and go crying to the censors about it and get it closed down. I always figured that if you don't like what is said in a thread, you should just unsubscribe from it / don't read it.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Voting.

Also, encouraging people to mind their own business. You know, pushing the idea that "if it don't hurt you, leave then alone".

Maybe idealistic, but no more so than the goals of true conservatives such as yourself. Both ends would be very difficult to reach.

I don't have it in me to make well rounded posts so any other well though comments will have to wait for tomorrow. Just to tired to really line things out right now.

No problem. I guess that's a common question I have. What does this libertarian plan look like? How do you intend to get there?

I guess what I see it as, is essentially choosing not to be "in" the fight, which by default allows the "other" position to win.

If libertarians ever really want to achieve these goals, they need to do the non-glamorous work of getting on county boards and city councils and moving on up to state and national offices. I just don't see the organization for that to happen.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    No problem. I guess that's a common question I have. What does this libertarian plan look like? How do you intend to get there?

I guess what I see it as, is essentially choosing not to be "in" the fight, which by default allows the "other" position to win.

If libertarians ever really want to achieve these goals, they need to do the non-glamorous work of getting on county boards and city councils and moving on up to state and national offices. I just don't see the organization for that to happen.
    Exactly. You just presented the "Libertarian Paradox". The only way to achieve a true Libertarian country would be to work hard within the system to achieve political office, present Libertarian bills, work with the other side and people within their party in compromise to be able to get enough votes for the Bill's passage. It's not going to happen organically. All very Un-Libertarian as isn't organization the antithesis of Libertarianism?.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom