Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've thought about getting ordained, though I am unsure if any states recognize the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    Hang on. Aren't you always supposed to include a "PBUH"-equivalent phrase when you mention the FSM? I thought is was "Blessed be his noodly appendage" or something like that.

(Yes, I'm joking. I'm sufficiently out of it today that I'm not sure whether I'm posting anything clearly.)

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I hate people who drive the speed limit in the fast lane, then speed up when you go to pass them on the right.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Used to be, years ago, if you lived with someone (only 24 hrs. or more) and introduced them as your wife or husband, then you were considered "common law" married. Not sure what's the deal is these days.

As a side note, length of time has nothing to do with common law. My GF and I have been living together over 20 years, and we are not common law.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Calling it a "Marriage License" sounds more than a little absurd.

Why oh why does there have to be a wedding ceremony?

Or: A wedding dress. What a ludicrous waste of money. Plus, do away with the rest of the foolishness that accompanies getting married? One giant PIA.

This particular exercise is a holdover from of our agrarian roots and should no longer be followed.

It's insane.

Mostly, I think it's the narcissistic need of young women to act in an overly repeated, ridiculous play they're the center of. What a bunch of boring trumpery. Blech!

And registering where they want you to buy stuff for them they don't really need. Honestly, are you that much of a cheapskate?

Buy you're own damn coffeepot or steak knives.

As a young professional, you can afford it ya greedy bitch, I say with love.

Now, dispense with the foolishness, go to a JP (sans ceremony) and get it over with.

Now, you're married.

Good enough.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado

Or: A wedding dress. What a ludicrous waste of money. Plus, do away with the rest of the foolishness that accompanies getting married? One giant PIA.

This particular exercise is a holdover from of our agrarian roots and should no longer be followed.

It's insane.

Mostly, I think it's the narcissistic need of young women to act in an overly repeated, ridiculous play they're the center of. What a bunch of boring trumpery. Blech!

And registering where they want you to buy stuff for them they don't really need. Honestly, are you that much of a cheapskate?

Now, dispense with the foolishness, go to a JP (sans ceremony) and get it over with.

Now, you're married.

Good enough.

You don't think that it might just be a major part of someone's life? :facepalm:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Rant on:

You know what sucks?

Went to the liquor store and forgot they were closed on Sundays. What sort of commie bullshit is that? My family has been here since the 1600s. All these regulations that have rolled into Texas since then are BS, nosy neighbor, big government, Yankee crap.

You want blue laws? Take your sorry Yankee/migrant ass to another commie state.

Rant off.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Neighbors trees.
    I just gathered and disposed of about 50lb of acorns from my yard.
    I don't have an oak tree on my property.

Just guessing, but I've probably got 150lb to go.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I'm trying to sell a bike on craigslist, and in the past week alone I've had 3 no-shows. I took the time to load it up, drive to a mutual meeting place, and wait there only to find out they weren't coming. Nobody had the decency to at least text me and say they couldn't make it, none of them even replied to my messages or calls to see if they were coming. Lucky for them, they all gave me cell phone numbers, they've been signed up for Cat Facts.
    Second reference to Cat Facts I have seen on this site. What is it?

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Neighbors trees.

Silver lining: if you bought a killer slingshot, you'd have plenty of practice ammo :-)

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

It's insane.

Now, you're married.

Good enough.
    It is a woman thing. You can't look at it like a rational man.

They have been dreaming about it since they were little girls.

It's like when a woman says "It's just a (gun, car, truck, shop, whatever)."

It's not to us. Or them.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have hot food and cold groceries. Do I eat while it is hot and the groceries get warm? Or do I put the groceries away and eat my food cold?

Damn first world problems.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I have hot food and cold groceries. Do I eat while it is hot and the groceries get warm? Or do I put the groceries away and eat my food cold?

Damn first world problems.
    Toss it in the oven on its lowest setting while you unpack the groceries. ;)

It's insane.

Now, you're married.

Good enough.
    Well why do we get excited about anything and spend money at all??? Go find you a cheap van, live down by the river, and buy only what you can afford in food based off what you can get from begging on the corner.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Neighbors trees.

Buy a backpack leaf blower and move them back to the neighbors yard. Or buy a chainsaw and shave off the branches over your property.

Problem solved. Problem staying solved. Seabees lead the way.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Exactly why I had cold (well, lukewarm) breakfast burritos this morning. I think I made the wrong choice.

Top Bottom