Target Sports

Get your foil helments out and let's take a look at this!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    You see? A simple matter of perspective. :)

Just because I *don't* bash President Obama along with the rest of the forum doesn't mean that I support his political agenda. I'm not happy with either party but someone needs to point out that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the street.

No, the grass is greener on the side of the street/fense that waters it the most...

That's been one of the biggest problems since the "intitlement programs" started...they "pay" voters to keep them in office so they can "pay them"...look at the welfare class. So the liberals keep the grass green for the largest number of people that they can influence, the welfare dependant state.

And they are watering it with MY MONEY! Cut and limit intitlement, amke it a work based or education based system and time limited unless there is a PROVEN disability that keeps THAT preson from working PERIOD.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    As usual, the old fart takes a beating from the young ones. The major difference is that I've lived through several of these "recessions" and know that until the nation begins to spend money, we will stay exactly where we are. Millions of people are out of work and the economy is in ruins. Meanwhile, our rulers sit on their thumbs.

The comparison of my views to those of Obummer is annoying but that's what happens when folks learn about life in schools. They have a clear picture of how they were told it should be. The world is small to them. After experiencing some of it, the world gets larger and we realize how much we DON'T know. "The more we know, the more we don't know" is the way I heard it said once.

I've been on my own since I was 17 years old, been wiped out to the last dollar twice, moved all over the center of the nation and worked in some of the most cutthroat industries on the planet. I made several fortunes and spent most of it, saved some, earned my rewards and suffered some consequences. That's how you learn from life......it's hard and the education is costly but you end up with a pretty sensitive finger on the pulse of the nation.

I am clearly in the wrong place and will not tread into the political threads again. The sharing of ideas, particularly differing points of view can give new insight into the subject. Hell, I thought we might even develop some solutions to our national issues. That just doesn't happen with you guys. This is just childish bullshit. Have a ball. I'm outta here!

Flash

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    No reason to get offended. I too have drug myself up by the bootstraps. Hearing the description of your life and your self sufficiency would be all the more reason I would think you would despise the government trying to spend us out of a recession that they created. They are spending YOUR money. That stimulus would have gone over much better by just dividing it up 200,000,000 ways and letting us spend our share to drive the economy forward.

I was not trying to annoy nor offend you by making comparisons of your theory on economic revival to the president's....you did that yourself. The suggestion you made is exactly the one that is driving this recession on and on. It has nothing to do with "learning in school vs. learning in real life". Most of it is common sense. If I loose my job, I could live off of my credit cards for quite some time, but does the fact that I can go out to eat when I have no money in the bank mean I have fixed my problem? No, actually most would call it irresponsible. Yet that is what our nation does, uses the national "credit card" to spend money on things that working americans dont want or need. Or worse than that, print more fiat money to spend on crap the public is screaming that it doesnt want.
    I hope you dive back into the quagmire at some point, like you said "we might even develop some solutions to our national issues"

Bushmaster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Dallas
    Just because a person holds a position of authority, doesn't mean that he/she is automatically deserving of respect. I'll respect a man/woman for what they are personally, their character, not for where they are on the social ladder.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Just because a person holds a position of authority, doesn't mean that he/she is automatically deserving of respect. I'll respect a man/woman for what they are personally, their character, not for where they are on the social ladder.

You don't have to respect the man, but the OFFICE does deserve a certain amount of respect...

Bushmaster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Dallas
    I'll agree with you there.The OFFICE, the position, deserves respect, not necessarily the man/woman who fills that position. I just don't that much that he's done while in that position that is deserving of respect.

Top Bottom