• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Is climate changing? Sure, just as it has been changing for 4+ Billion years from a earth completely covered in an ice sheet to deserts where the poles are.
    The only thing I would add to the above is that it has changed back and forth between hot and cold periods numerous times within the above time frame and the cycles are in the 10s of thousands of years.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Tin foil hat conspiracy stuff.

Like arguing with those that believe in chem-trails or alien abductions or orbs.
    Arguing with someone about a faith-based belief is futile.

Outa here!

Do a little research, you will find this reported by credible mainstream sources. But then I guess the WSJ is a tin foil paper.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Pretty good correlation there, at least in the northern hemisphere, eh?
    Actually, no. The southern hemisphere has a summer also, it is simply opposite ours. If I was there in Jan, Feb and March, I would be warmer there than here.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Actually, no. The southern hemisphere has a summer also, it is simply opposite ours. If I was there in Jan, Feb and March. I would be warmer there than here.

Ummm, that was my point. Right now it is winter in the southern hemisphere.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The only thing I would add to the above is that it has changed back and forth between hot and cold periods numerous times within the above time frame and the cycles are in the 10s of thousands of years.
    No, the cycles are about every few thousand years. The last ice age ended when the temperature very rapidly rose; something like less than a decade. It's been strangely warm and stable for the past 10000 years.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    No, the cycles are about every few thousand years. The last ice age ended when the temperature very rapidly rose; something like less than a decade. It's been strangely warm and stable for the past 10000 years.
    Except for the mini ice age, also known as the dark ages.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have a friend in the UT Geophysics Lab whose job it is to measure such things and he says the cycle is roughly every 10,000 years from peak warm to peak cold.
    Does your friend think there is something wrong with the data from the Greenland and Antarctic ice cores, or does it just not fit "common sense"?

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Does your friend think there is something wrong with the data from the Greenland and Antarctic ice cores, or does it just not fit "common sense"?
    Can't answer that, but the UTGL does do both ice and coral reef bores. What I should have mentioned in my previous post is the within the roughly 10,000 yr peak to peak there are also mini/micro swings during that larger period.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom