• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Until the review of the Taurus G3 in the latest edition of G&A, I'd never read a single positive about this company's handguns.

Reading the review also said this model has 're-strike' capability.

No small thing.

Now is the review simply an infomercial made to appear like a review?

I dunno...?

Restrike capability isn't as important as some think. If your gun isn't setting off primers, somethings wrong with it
    DK Firearms

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    cd22c035db2eefdc9bfaa9134f64874b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• cd22c035db2eefdc9bfaa9134f64874b.jpg
      cd22c035db2eefdc9bfaa9134f64874b.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 553

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I've been looking at You-tube video reviews of this gun (thought YT didn't do guns any longer, but they do) and it looks like a good low cost gun if the reviewers can be believed.

Giving it time on the market will reveal if the reviewers are shills, but I gotta say these pistols look good for a gun mfg with a crap reputation.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Geezer,

Any love for the Taurus G3?

I think they're very new and under $300.

I haven’t shot the G3, but it’s an evolution of the PT111 Millennium Pro. The original wasn’t anything to write home about. Then, they addressed a couple of issues (unfortunately not the sloppy trigger) and a couple of gun rags included it in sub-compact shootouts and it did surprisingly well. Then, like just about every “safe-action trigger” gun manufacturer, they did a trigger recall and some improvements.

But the problem isn’t with the gun, it’s the company. Amy modification from stock condition (to include sights) voids their warranty and renders the gun ‘unsafe’ according to their lawyers. So there’s a very limited after-market and nobody will work on them (even a sight swap) to avoid any liability at all.

I have a G2 that I got as part of a trade probably five years ago; it holds 12+1 9mm, does the job nicely for well under $199 when on sale. It sits in my truck most of the time, but I have shot a BUG match with it and did well enough to be confident with it.

I wouldn’t pay over $225 and that’s out the door pricing for one, though.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    View attachment 190285

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    LOL! So can I draw from this that

1: HKs and Sigs are pretty but probably very high maintenance

2: Sigs and HK’s will probably cost you a lot more ‘down the road’ when they need to “accessorize”

3: Lots of other guys will be ogling and staring at your HK and Sig wondering how they can steal it away, while they won’t give your Glock a second look.

4. Chances are, that common Glock will still be happily at your side in 5 years while the HK and Sig becomes a safe “Queen” or found a new home.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    LOL! So can I draw from this that

1: HKs and Sigs are pretty but probably very high maintenance

2: Sigs and HK’s will probably cost you a lot more ‘down the road’ when they need to “accessorize”

3: Lots of other guys will be ogling and staring at your HK and Sig wondering how they can steal it away, while they won’t give your Glock a second look.

4. Chances are, that common Glock will still be happily at your side in 5 years while the HK and Sig becomes a safe “Queen” or found a new home.
    In reality, it's probably more like you're going to spend a ton of cash trying to upgrade the Glock to be a nice as the other two.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    In reality, it's probably more like you're going to spend a ton of cash trying to upgrade the Glock to be a nice as the other two.

that is possible, depends on the owner. Lots of HK and Sig guys swap sights. Triggers may be the biggest “Glock” upgrade thing...but much of that is due to availability of options, ease of DIY, and internet commando videos.

Most of my Glocks get about $150 worth of upgrades over time, which includes sights, extended slide stop and extended mag release, a 3.5 connector, internals polished, and at least 2 extra magazines.

But I rarely make any changes until I’ve got 1000 rounds or so down the pipe. And I could have carried any Glock I’ve ever bought straight from the box without concern for issues.

Many gun owners are waaayyyy too emotionally attached IMO, and show it!

I don’t have a single gun I couldn’t replace in a day if stolen or lost in a fire. No collectibles, no safe queens. That’s just me. YMMV, and that’s okay.

But the ignorant BS spouted by most Glock Haters far exceeds the Glock Fanboy noise.

It’s a good gun, a proven gun, likely the most prolific handgun in the world, and by far the most common firearm seen at almost every quality handgun training class based on discussions I’ve heard or read from Larry Vickers, Ken Hackathorn, Dave Spaulding, and Travis Haley. Some may be dated, and with the plethora of new, quality striker fire flavors, Glock may be taking a percentage hit in numbers. But much of that is due to the flooded market. It is what it is.

Release your fear...control your hate...step into the light! LOL!

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    that is possible, depends on the owner. Lots of HK and Sig guys swap sights. Triggers may be the biggest “Glock” upgrade thing...but much of that is due to availability of options, ease of DIY, and internet commando videos.

Most of my Glocks get about $150 worth of upgrades over time, which includes sights, extended slide stop and extended mag release, a 3.5 connector, internals polished, and at least 2 extra magazines.

But I rarely make any changes until I’ve got 1000 rounds or so down the pipe. And I could have carried any Glock I’ve ever bought straight from the box without concern for issues.

Many gun owners are waaayyyy too emotionally attached IMO, and show it!

I don’t have a single gun I couldn’t replace in a day if stolen or lost in a fire. No collectibles, no safe queens. That’s just me. YMMV, and that’s okay.

But the ignorant BS spouted by most Glock Haters far exceeds the Glock Fanboy noise.

It’s a good gun, a proven gun, likely the most prolific handgun in the world, and by far the most common firearm seen at almost every quality handgun training class based on discussions I’ve heard or read from Larry Vickers, Ken Hackathorn, Dave Spaulding, and Travis Haley. Some may be dated, and with the plethora of new, quality striker fire flavors, Glock may be taking a percentage hit in numbers. But much of that is due to the flooded market. It is what it is.

Release your fear...control your hate...step into the light! LOL!
    Just teasing, don't get all emo over your Glock.

I typically leave things stock, and am not much for selling guns, though I'm not particularly emotionally attached. I wouldn't part with my M1 Carbine, but that's not the gun so much as it was my fathers and I have few things from him.

What changes I have done, which were on a IWI Tavor SAR and a CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1, I was able to do myself without any real trouble and extremely limited tools. Pistols maybe a bit different, but it seems simple enough to swap out a trigger or sights on a pistol myself.

Last edited:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I have bought a few Glocks through the years. I have tried to like them, and tried to force myself to carry them, but I can honestly say I have sold every Glock I ever bought and not missed it.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm

^^^
    I'd say this is a crock. Glock lovers tout the Glock as much as a 1911 lovers tout their platform. I'm a H&K guy, so I don't have a dog in this pissing match.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX

^^^
    I'd say this is a crock. Glock lovers tout the Glock as much as a 1911 lovers tout their platform. I'm a H&K guy, so I don't have a dog in this pissing match.
    bbba22117ed5f88acca034cfe1905db3.png

Attachments

• bbba22117ed5f88acca034cfe1905db3.png
      bbba22117ed5f88acca034cfe1905db3.png
      72.6 KB · Views: 618
    Top Bottom