• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Why so many Glock haters?.....I never see haters so vocal with any other brand. I just don't get it...I like all guns and stuff like that. I have a Glock and love it. Just wondering...seen it ALOT lately on other sites. What did Glock do? Made an awesome firearm that is simple and works, and for a good price.
    Hurley's Gold

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    most people just joke, but for the ones who are serious its probably because they shoot something they consider nicer. i dont like glocks because of the funny grip angle. but they do make work proven firearms

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    ya, there are nicer ones.....but still...Glock seems to be singled out for some reason......the comments in the next few days will be interesting

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Because it annoys Glock lovers so much, of course! :p

Doesn't help that a lot of Glock lovers act like their pistols are without fault. I know that's true of a lot of other people with brand loyalty, but their guns aren't sold under the guise of "perfection".

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    eh its hard for me not to like just about any gun,,,,i like them all in one way or another. i love my glock pistols because they work,plain and simple.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Probably has alot to do with the usual Glock fanboiz. I like Glocks, but they aren't perfect. It's just like any other fan boys ... 1911s, Sigs, etc. They are all good guns, but they are good in various ways.

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    If I squeeze the trigger and they go boom, I like them.

I went to the range recently to rent a Springfield XD9 to try out. I was happily punching out the centers of target when this gentleman engaged me in conversation. He proceeded to "enlighten" me on why 1911s were vastly superior to Glock, Springfield, and similar polymer pistols. I politely nodded and smiled and listened. He was a nice guy and he offered to let me put a few magazines through his rather high dollar 1911s. As I said, I like all guns, so I graciously accepted and oohed and ahhed over the remarkable craftsmanship, accuracy, and feel of the various pistols. Every single one of them jammed on me. FTF, stovepipe, and FTE. The guy had the pistols so fine tuned that he literally had a spreadsheet of what ammo each pistol could ingest.

Now, I genuinely liked all the pistols, but I carry a Glock 30SF on me, and I think I'll stick with it. I like that I can feed it any ammo I want, I like that it's low maintenance, and I like that if I ever have to draw and fire (God forbid), I'm confident it'll go boom. A friend of mine put it best when I told him what happened. He said you don't commute with your finely tuned race car. That guy's pistols were Ferraris. My Glock is a Corolla. I do wish I had the money and range time to get myself setup with a Ferrari, but I don't, so I'll stick with what I have and be happy about it.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Why so many Glock haters?.....I never see haters so vocal with any other brand. I just don't get it...I like all guns and stuff like that. I have a Glock and love it. Just wondering...seen it ALOT lately on other sites. What did Glock do? Made an awesome firearm that is simple and works, and for a good price.

I'm with you my friend. Go to some pistol matches and tell me what jams. Why is there over more than 1,000,000 LEO's in the USA alone that have issued Glocks. 34 parts. I think it is a Male Ego thing like Chevy and Ford thing and argue about which is the better table saw. Glocks are selling big time off the
    shelves like the 9mm now because of the AZ thing. So lets start the 9mm VS 45 thing again. I worked for a SWAT guy and his tricked out high dollar _____ failed and the very next day he got the G22.
    Glock Haters in my book is on my Ignore List and don't have to listen to there babbling Bullshit again.

mkillebrew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Austin
    I personally don't like Glocks because of the inability to change out the grips, no the backstrap on the most recent incarnation doesn't count, the long heavy trigger pull, the general shape and feel of it, not real fond of polymer except on my USP .45, don't really like striker fired but I'm without a solid reason. What really does it is their fan club though. Because cops frequently carry them does not make them better than another, or even good, though I'm not implying they're bad. They're simple and inexpensive, that gives them market share. Microsoft has a great market share, doesn't make it the best product either. I think the more popular term is that correlation does not imply causation.

Oh yeah, and my Glock 17 beans me right between the eyes with a casing every time I finally let my guard down from the last time it did it.

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    I agree with all of you...it's a fanboy kinda thing,I guess .Glock is the Apple computer of the gun world. I have a neighbor that keeps an Apple soapbox in his pocket at all times, and it does get annoying.

Thanks all for your comments....interesting stuff

Top Bottom