• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Apples are pretty superior to PCs...but Microsoft rules the world so we are stuck with PCs.

Glocks aren't better because LE carries them, they are more reliable than many and therefore LE carries them. They have gone through exhaustive testing by many agencies which proves they are a high quality firearm (which is not saying many other guns are high quality as well). I believe that their volume of sales also helps bring the price down. If you have to carry a gun all day, you can begin to appreciate a polymer framed gun.
    Hurley's Gold

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    People like to complain about the grip angle on Glocks a'lot. I personally don't think its bad. If I wanted a gun that felt like a 1911 thats what i would buy.I don't have a favorite pistol i love them all.Personally if i had to make a 50yd shot that needed a one inch group i would grab a rifle.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    Actually, I would like to have a couple from every brand of gun made. Would someone buy them for me? I would really appreciate it! It would make a great collection! I have my favorites and have found some brands more reliable than others, but in most cases I believe it is just personal preference. I guess it is human nature to choose sides and human nature to defend and support the side chosen.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    It's because it was the first successful polymer gun. When it was first introduced there was a lot of talk about it being "plastic junk" and it just kinda stuck. Now, I think it's just fun to see the reactions.

Kinda like a buddy you nickname "Fatty" in Junior High. He can get ripped in College, but he's still going to be "Fatty" to his buddies til he dies.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Apples are pretty superior to PCs
    You are trying to troll me, right? About the only thing superior are the egos of their fanatics. Oh and the cost compared to what you get is pretty superior IMO.

On topic:
    I want a Glock, but its way down the list. There are no firearms I would rule out on name alone, Hipoints included.

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I've grown up loving Walthers...bought a couple...they shoot well (think Bond got me hooked). Then moved to XDs and loved them (especially .45s). Now I have been introduced formally to the Glock and spent my X-Mas money (ie deployment cash) on 2 within the past week. They feel great, shoot great, feed great, and carry great. Hell, if I could afford a Kimber right now I would get one.

My only issue is many of us simply buy and store our guns in the house and get infrequent range time. Didn't want to invest $1300 in a Kimber to sit on my nightstand when I could buy 2 Glocks WITH AMMO, sights, and maybe even a laser/light and protect my home (LEO prices). Oh well, the Army keeps a paycheck in my bank...and you fellow Americans like to keep me deployed...so I am almost guaranteed to buy a couple more guns.

Enjoy whatever you have...and make sure you share with others!

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    You are trying to troll me, right? About the only thing superior are the egos of their fanatics. Oh and the cost compared to what you get is pretty superior IMO.
    No...not trolling you.
    Apples have been used by those who are into highly graphic intesive stuff for some time because they do a better job. And they are pretty much virus proof, and once you get use to them a bit easier to navigate.
    I dont own an Apple, probably never will again, but that doesn't mean I wont give them the credit they deserve.

You can keep using your PC and your Hi pioint and think they are the best...i wont hold it against you.

A joke...that is a joke....

ewhite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Royse City, TX
    Why is there over more than 1,000,000 LEO's in the USA alone that have issued Glocks.

Now I will admit that Glock makes a really good reliable gun, with a funny feeling grip (IMO). The reason so many LEO's carry them is that they sell them extremely cheap and in a couple of cases the department was given the guns. I am not knocking Glock but there are other very reliable guns out there. But to each their own.

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    The Army issues me a Beretta 92F. They issue the same 5' tall, 90lb female MP a Beretta. They issue it to the 6'6" 250lb guy....did we ask for it? No. However, the Army did their tests, got their bids, and decided on capacity (as well as NATO standards) rather than many other issues.

My Point. Most LEO/MIL don't get the option to pick their guns...but it seems the professionals don't pick the same as what is issued.

LAPD in general - Beretta, S&W, Glock. LAPD SWAT/SIS- Kimber SIS
    Army in general- Beretta. Army SF - Glock & SIG
    Navy in general - Beretta. Navy Seals - SOCOM or SIG

So it is not that 1M Glocks are not a big thing...but that means that the Beretta is the best weapon since the military carries it? Hehe, go buy that hi-point and shoot the hell out of an intruder...a .45 is a .45...coming from a pretty gun or an ugly gun.

espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    The only thing I like about a Mac is the software, in the hardware dept they are severely lacking. Specifically in a the money to power ratio. My personal favorite option is to build a Hackintosh(PC with Mac OSX).

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    So it is not that 1M Glocks are not a big thing...but that means that the Beretta is the best weapon since the military carries it? Hehe, go buy that hi-point and shoot the hell out of an intruder...a .45 is a .45...coming from a pretty gun or an ugly gun.

I had a SWAT guy tell me that Bushmaster AR 15's sucked and that DPMS are the better value. I had another tell me that DPMS sucked and that Bushmaster is the better value. At some point we have to say "No more" to analysis paralysis and just buy something and shoot the heck out of it be it Glock, Sig, Kimber, Hi-Point! When I started researching handguns for my first purchase it became a game to me to find as many opinions that contradicted another as I could. One gun shop would say this, another would say just the opposite. I finally just said screw you guys, I'm buying what I want.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Pick a subject (any subject) and you can pretty much find somebody on the internet that hates it and is very vocal about it.

People like to play Big Billy Badass on the net where they think they are safe from ever actually have a confrontation. Keyboard Cowboys are really tough bastards. Many tend to hide when it gets real.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Why so many Glock haters?.....I never see haters so vocal with any other brand. I just don't get it...I like all guns and stuff like that. I have a Glock and love it. Just wondering...seen it ALOT lately on other sites. What did Glock do? Made an awesome firearm that is simple and works, and for a good price.

Im not much of a hangun person but I just love me some 1911's. If it weren't for the greatness of the 1911, I wouldn't have any hanguns. I had a glock before, it melted in the west Texas sun!
    Bedside, the 1911 done the whole damn world a favor. Who in the hell would want a Redneck running around speaking Japanese? That just wouldn't look right!

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Im not much of a hangun person but I just love me some 1911's. If it weren't for the greatness of the 1911, I wouldn't have any hanguns. I had a glock before, it melted in the west Texas sun!
    Bedside, the 1911 done the whole damn world a favor. Who in the hell would want a Redneck running around speaking Japanese? That just wouldn't look right!
    Would be intresting to see at what temp the plastic guns(any make)will melt. I live in El Paso and it gets really darn hot here in summer.....Wonder if the manufacturers would warranty a melted gun?

Edit:one forum says this.....Nylon-6 (a lot of polymer guns, including Glock) has a melting point of 428F.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    In my experience, there's simply too many variables to make one thing superior in every instance, regardless of what you're speaking of.

For me, Glock's don't "do it". Owned 2 - gave one to son to use in his LEO training, kept the other to shoot against him with, and simply get experience w/it. Personally, I intensely disliked it. Why doesn't matter - it just didn't do it for me. When I'm asked about what gun to buy by a newby, I start by outlining my OPINIONS are biased, and apply only to me - and then tell my thoughts with caveats that discriminate between personal opinions vs facts. (Colt makes a good .45 semi, Llama should be used only as a "cheap shooter" - those I consider "facts". I'd rather throw rocks than shoot a Glock - that I consider "opinion". Others are free to make their own opinions/choices.
    For many, it comes down to price - either they want "cheap" or they want high-dollar to brag about. I own both, and must say that with the more expensive ones, you DO get what you pay for - but I always buy mine used - let someone else take the 2k "hit" on the new gun. My Ed Brown Classic Custom, for example - paid $1200 for it, wouldn't sell it on a bet. My Randalls? Not anywhere near the level of the Brown - but it'd be sold before one of them! I owned a High Standard Compact Crusader I let a friend talk me into selling him - mistake. Now I've gotta buy another one....

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I hated Glocks for along time. Saw a Glock 22 for $380 and decided to take the plunge. Found it to be highly reliable, easy to maintain and repair, with mediocre trigger pull and ergonomics. Cleaning the junk out of the trigger assembly, dremeling down the horrible finger grooves and stippling the front and backstraps made it much nicer. I'm also going to remove the humps on the grips which ride right under my trigger finger and thumb. Replacing all springs with lighter ones is on the agenda as well. It's honestly going to take all that to make this gun ergonomically comfortable for me (my gen 2 Glock 23 is ergonomically very good already).

Reasons why I'm sticking with Glock-

1.) Maintenance and cleaning are largely optional. Even though I take care of mine it's nice to know they'll function well in bad conditions.
    2.) Extremely rust proof. The San Antonio humidity has put a little rust on almost all of my other guns- including my AK! No worries with the Glock, though.
    3.) Easy to find replacement parts; parts can be installed easily by amateurs. Need a gunsmith? Look in the mirror!
    4.) No unnecessary safeties to fumble with.
    5.) Cheap, easy to install tritium sights. Best accessory I've EVER bought for a gun!
    6.) Most important- reliability. I trust Glock with my life more than any other automatic I own. My 1911s feel, look, and shoot better, but they don't function better! This reason alone makes the Glock superior to any other gun I have.

I will admit they are ugly as all Hell, though!

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I'm a glock hater, much like I don't like BMW's.pretty much the fan club thing. Really I just call myself a hater. I have a lot of respect for the gun based on the incredible reviews they get and their tales of reliability. I'll buy one someday just cause o think if you like having a bunch of guns, u gotta have a flock on the collection. But even if i love it, I'll probably still hate em :)

Top Bottom