• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    It seems to me after reading all this that the haters respect the gun for what it is, but hate the "lovers" for what they is....lmao

Poink88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Austin
    It is just the fanboys (of different brands) ribbing each other.

I also wanted a Glock for my first pistol (despite its looks) and sure it is the one until I held one. The grip angle just didn't feel right to me.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It is just the fanboys (of different brands) ribbing each other.

I also wanted a Glock for my first pistol (despite its looks) and sure it is the one until I held one. The grip angle just didn't feel right to me.

Yeah, alot of people find this out. They hear about the Glocks, its reliability and affordability, then they come in and find out they aren't the most ergonomic of pistols. Alot of XDs have been sold because of this.

Poink88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Austin
    Yeah, alot of people find this out. They hear about the Glocks, its reliability and affordability, then they come in and find out they aren't the most ergonomic of pistols. Alot of XDs have been sold because of this.

Funny you said that...I ended up with an XDm myself :)

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    For every gun manufacturer, there is a crowd of "haters". There's always somebody that had a Kimber that didn't feed right or a Taurus safety that broke when he dropped it or a Glock with a scratch on the side.

Carter's Country in Houston used to tell everybody that Glocks were junk and they would never, ever carry them. Until, of course, Glock started giving them a better price. Then, SURPRISE!, Carter's has a nice display full of Glocks.

One thing that bothers some people about Glocks and similar pistols is that there isn't much you can do to "tweak" them. You take it out of the box and it shoots the way it shoots and that's it. A 1911 can have all sorts of little things done to improve accuracy or feel.

I've owned Glocks and put thousands of rounds through them and they are tough and reliable. Having said that, I don't own one now because there are pistols I happen to like better. Liking one over another does NOT make one a "hater", and I'm happy to not be in that category.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    No...not trolling you.
    Apples have been used by those who are into highly graphic intesive stuff for some time because they do a better job. And they are pretty much virus proof, and once you get use to them a bit easier to navigate.
    I dont own an Apple, probably never will again, but that doesn't mean I wont give them the credit they deserve.

You can keep using your PC and your Hi pioint and think they are the best...i wont hold it against you.

A joke...that is a joke....

They're not "virus-proof". They're just so niche that nobody bothers writing viruses for them.

I used to rock a Mac. When it was time for a new system, I bought one I could afford....

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    Funny you said that...I ended up with an XDm myself :)

+1

I've shot both and they both have thier advantages and disadvantages, the only reason I went with a XDm was because of the problems that a couple of my friends had with thier glocks (22) that is why I strayed away from jumping on.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Hi, I'm Outbreak, and I'm a Glock hater.

The thing is, I only hate them personally. If I take a new shooter out and they ask me which gun to buy, I'll tell them they have to make that decision for themselves. I recommend renting a bunch of different guns to see which one feels best and which they shoot best. Glock is always on the list. Just because it's not for me does not mean it won't work for someone else.

My personal complaints were originally the grip (both shape and angle) and the trigger. The grip complaints have been mentioned. The trigger wears on my finger with that double trigger thing. It also feels spongy to me. I don't like it.

Since then, I've grown to love all-metal pistols. I'm almost totally rid of plastic framed guns. I've got one left that I haven't shot in over a year (anyone want a Keltec P-11 in LNIB condition?) I don't like the way they feel, balance, etc. Because of this, I love Sigs, and my Beretta 92FS. I shoot those guns very well.

But another thing I will always say about Glocks is that if they were the last pistols on earth (and they very well may be) I could learn to shoot them just as well as my Sigs....But they're not. I have options, and I have the luxury of buying the guns I like and shoot well, not just the guns I can afford. So as long as those conditions persist, I'll stick to my all-metal DA/SA handguns. Everyone else can make his own choice, and not fear any poo-slinging from me.

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    Hi, I'm Outbreak, and I'm a Glock hater.

The thing is, I only hate them personally. If I take a new shooter out and they ask me which gun to buy, I'll tell them they have to make that decision for themselves. I recommend renting a bunch of different guns to see which one feels best and which they shoot best. Glock is always on the list. Just because it's not for me does not mean it won't work for someone else.

My personal complaints were originally the grip (both shape and angle) and the trigger. The grip complaints have been mentioned. The trigger wears on my finger with that double trigger thing. It also feels spongy to me. I don't like it.

Since then, I've grown to love all-metal pistols. I'm almost totally rid of plastic framed guns. I've got one left that I haven't shot in over a year (anyone want a Keltec P-11 in LNIB condition?) I don't like the way they feel, balance, etc. Because of this, I love Sigs, and my Beretta 92FS. I shoot those guns very well.

But another thing I will always say about Glocks is that if they were the last pistols on earth (and they very well may be) I could learn to shoot them just as well as my Sigs....But they're not. I have options, and I have the luxury of buying the guns I like and shoot well, not just the guns I can afford. So as long as those conditions persist, I'll stick to my all-metal DA/SA handguns. Everyone else can make his own choice, and not fear any poo-slinging from me.

How much for the P-11?

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    I don't like Glocks because of the trigger design. The grip is great and incredibly comfortable, but too big. My fingers are somewhat misshapen so having to reach so far forward to pull the trigger always results in my rounds impacting slightly left. The CZ-75 and XD-type grips were made with this design flaw in mind. On these guns you'll notice that the top of the grip is slightly indented so that the "webbing" area between your thumb and forefinger can rest closer to the trigger. If Glock would would design their grips better, then I'd probably have one. Aside from that, I think the action cycling on a Glock is smoother than that of my XD and I wish my XD could be more "Glock-cycling-like."

Oops, I almost forgot about the sights. I'm a 3-dot kind of guy. Glock's 3-sided rectangle rear sight adds too much sight contrast, IMO. Not an accuracy-degrading effect, just a personal preference. Plus, I could use the sight replacement money for ammo rather than replacement sights.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    1) Glocks, especially 9mm Glocks, are the most simplistic, least finicky, and most reliable handguns in the world.

2) Even Glocks can fail, nothing is perfect and anything mechanical can fail.

3) Most people that are diametrically opposed to Glocks just plain cannot shoot worth a damn so they blame it on the gun. There's not liking the gun for reasons of ergonomics, aesthetics, etc which is fine and all personal preference. Whining about grip angle and other factors as to why the user can't hit the broad side of a barn is just an excuse.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone that knows what they are doing with handguns has to respect and like the reliability and simplicity of Glocks. Things like ergonomics, aesthetics, etc are all personal preference, and it's understandable people not liking them for those reasons. Who knows, maybe in another 20+yrs they'll actually improve on the ergonomics for once. ;) lol

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    What turned me on to them was the reliability. Plain and simple. I learned to like the grip etc. It wasnt too bad. I knew I could get used to it. It was like getting used to driving a new vehicle. I dont hate any guns. As stated already, all mechanical things has the potential to fail. Luckily, I havent had a bad experience with it. My feelings toward other manufacturers vary, but keeping in mind that you could buy the bad seed is always a possibility. My dad bought a .380 Taurus a while back. Thing sucked. Its at the factory right now. Ive worked in machine shops for @10 years and know sometimes bad parts slip through Quality Control. I am hoping it gets the attention it needs to to get in reliability shape.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    When the shooting in Arizona happened I was in D.C. on leave visiting family.

This is how the news was broken to me:

Father: Matt, what kind of Glock do you have?
    Me: What do you mean? I have three Glocks. A 19, a 22, and a 30.
    Father: What calibers are those?
    Me: The 19 is a 9mm, the 22 is a .40, and the 30 is a .45.
    Father: Somebody in Arizona just shot up a bunch of people with a 9mm Glock with an extended mag. You have one of those mags, right?
    Me: I have four of them... Good choice on the shooter's part.

XD

I love my Sig P228 but I'll never be getting rid of my Glock 19. I could see myself parting with my 22 or my 30 someday.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Me: I have four of them... Good choice on the shooter's part.

XD

I love my Sig P228 but I'll never be getting rid of my Glock 19. I could see myself parting with my 22 or my 30 someday.

Never part with the 30!!!! lol
    As much as I love the dependability, I do wish that guys Glock would have jammed.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Never part with the 30!!!! lol
    As much as I love the dependability, I do wish that guys Glock would have jammed.

It would be very difficult for me to part with the 30 from a sentimental perspective... it was my very first gun. :)

Yeah, I wish that asshat's Glock would have jammed too... course then I'd have to hear everyone on this forum laughing about how lousy Glocks are. Again.

Top Bottom