• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Pop's Burgers. Pretty good and I think they serve beer.

That's the place I was thinking of. I guess they changed since I don't believe they used to. I checked TABC and it does show they got a license in 2016, so perhaps I'll make the trip this time around.

If I'm going to have a greasy burger, might as well enjoy a cold beer with it.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I tried Olive Burger in Plano today

Not a fan

Griff’s in Garland is pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olive burger is different, but I kind of like it. Its almost like a muffaletta sauce on a burger. I go about once every three months.

Griffs is one of my go-to burger places when I am near there. Very tasty.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Just tried a new place - Garden Burger off Royal and DNT. Great buns, good fries, Turkey Burger was great, good prices, and friendly staff.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    In Denton, RG Burgers. Been there many times, and they never disappoint!

In Ft Worth, I personally LOVE Fred's Texas Cafe, but Rodeo Goat is excellent also,

In Dallas, I'm a HopDoddy fan, and they now have one in Southlake Town Center.
    Also, Maple and Motor, that's their name and their address, been going there about 10 years, always good

Twisted Root is in Lewisville, Roanoke, Coppell, Deep Ellum, Richardson, Tyler and Waco. One of the best, if you count them as a chain. As an independant, I put them in the top 10

There's a little place in Flower Mound called Burgers and Brats that does a solid, meaty tasting burger, but half the time I go I have brats, And their fries are good!

I'm also a fan of Kincaid's in Southlake, I love their onion rings!

Come on guys, if you have a burger joint you frequent, post it up, don't be selfish, you're talking about the all American meal here. speak up!
    Finally got by there yesterday. Certainly worth battling the road construction. I'll be back for sure.
    Better be hungry though.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Years ago, like 60 or more, I ate these itty-bitty White Castle burgers that to do this day I remember were out of this world delicious, washed down with something call Birch Beer, which kinda/sorts tastes like Root Beer, but better.

The only thing they put on them was fried onions and lots of em...gawd they good.

If memory serves correct they cost 20 cents and the Birch Beer was 5 cents.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    I get hungry for a burger everytime a notification comes in for this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Years ago, like 60 or more, I ate these itty-bitty White Castle burgers that to do this day I remember were out of this world delicious, washed down with something call Birch Beer, which kinda/sorts tastes like Root Beer, but better.

The only thing they put on them was fried onions and lots of em...gawd they good.

If memory serves correct they cost 20 cents and the Birch Beer was 5 cents.
    We would do White Castle runs in my youth. All drunked up & riding 30-45 minutes for a sack of cheap burger that would gas you up so bad the shitz followed.

The patties had holes in them. First thing they did was cover the greasy burger flat top grill from the previous batch with minced onions. Once they started to cook the patties went on top of that. The onions actually cooked into the patty. The buns went on top of that for a nice greasy steaming. I seem to remember a horseradish brown mustard.

Last edited:

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    I have not looked to see if anyone brought up Krystal burgers. Similar to White Castle.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    In the New Orleans area, they have Tastee Donuts where you can get what they call Kastleburgers.
    1acc18e1165123d04fd5b9da3edfb314.jpg

Attachments

• 1acc18e1165123d04fd5b9da3edfb314.jpg
      1acc18e1165123d04fd5b9da3edfb314.jpg
      22 KB · Views: 195

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    I bought a sack of Krystal burgers in TN. Really hungry, I took two bites and threw the rest of the bag away....never again!!

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    In the New Orleans area, they have Tastee Donuts where you can get what they call Kastleburgers.
    143e32da1c160cd57fc84bbf4546cd76.jpg

Attachments

• 143e32da1c160cd57fc84bbf4546cd76.jpg
      143e32da1c160cd57fc84bbf4546cd76.jpg
      24 KB · Views: 177

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    There's a slew of different kinds of burgers out there.

I won't pay gourmet dollars for a burger even though I can quite easily.

I recall when and now I assume (I won't advertise for them) you could/can go in: Cook your own burger and dress it with a lot of different available goodies and, get this: Pay an enormous fee...for doing your own cooking, garnishing and waiting.

If you're that naive (read dumb-ass) have at it....dumb-ass.

Me: 'You cook', garnish (with whatever I choose) and serve me.

I'm willing to pay you within reason...but, if you want mega-dollars/gourmet meal prices for a garden variety burger meal, nope, I'll just go elsewhere....

Oh, I'll especially go elsewhere if you've high jacked your employer into paying you well beyond minimum wage as the burger costs an outlandish amount because you've gotten away with (liberal dip-shit city hall help) extorting your employer for an hourly wage you're not qualified to get as you can't even read or do simple math, but heck yeah, you're worth at least $15.00 an hour.

Your employer will eventually realize they've been co-opted by commies and will get out of the business, leaving the demanding employees to look at each other wishing they'd gone to some school to get ahead instead of hi-jacking their (temporary) employers.

When I go out to eat, I'm not paying exorbitant costs to help with the so-called 'income inequality' folk.

BTW, my biological family buys into this 'income inequality' nonsense because most of them are slackers who want what they've not earned.

Top Bottom