• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    In all the below scenario's both come handy. What would you rather buy in the current times ? Most of us have heavily invested in guns on one part or another do you think you would have been better off buying gold for the same amount.

Emergencies
    Economic collapse
    Financial safety
    Tyranny

Cant think of more
    Venture Surplus ad

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    Why limit yourself to either or? Some of both would be appropriate. I for one though can't afford gold so I am picking up a little silver slowly but surely. A little at at time. My main focus right now though is ammo.

Sigmar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Arlington Tx
    If you have all the ammo and guns you need then yes get gold and silver in small denominations. Stay away from the 1 ounce coins. However bartering with bullets, seeds ect are good ideas too in case TSHTF.if it doesn't then still not a bad hedge

GotSig

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Houston, TX
    For those that currently do not have the financial means to invest in gold, I feel as though its much more beneficial to take what money you can spare, and invest in guns. Guns>Gold. A $1,000 investment in gold won't get you far. But $1,000 in lead can get you a lot of gold, if TSHTF.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    For those that currently do not have the financial means to invest in gold, I feel as though its much more beneficial to take what money you can spare, and invest in guns. Guns>Gold. A $1,000 investment in gold won't get you far. But $1,000 in lead can get you a lot of gold, if TSHTF.
    winner thats my thought

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    When do you think gold will reach $2K per ounce?

There were a few hours last year that it got over 2k, but there was a large buy that spiked the price and as soon as it did a lot of dealers dumped gold to the large buyers (smelters) and the price dropped again. I was working for a precious metal dealer at the time.

GotSig

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Houston, TX
    winner thats my thought

Thanks. I feel like its too late to start saving to stock up on gold. I know I dont have thousands to invest in a few ounces of gold. And even if I did, I'd still rather have a larger stockpile of lead than a few ounces of gold.

However, if you have shit loads of money, I'd definitely invest in gold, AND guns.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    When do you think gold will reach $2K per ounce?

Look up the gold chart and it has been going up since past 30 years now. And now its losing steam fast. I gave been tracking it since 2004 when it was $350 an ounce and the cycle has to come to a full circle now, it cannot keep climbing forever.

Sent from the black hole

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Guns and ammo. Then I'll go take everyone else's gold. I'm going to steal A.Texas.Yankee's idea and travel to the anti states. They won't have guns so I'll take their stuff first.

Top Bottom