• ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Democrat gun control is not myth.
    Here's a list of known anti gun orgs. How many republican groups do you see???
    All I see is Democrat and Liberal

NETWORK: A National Catholic Social Justice Lobby - (Self described, not part of the church just FYI)

U.S. Catholic Conference, Dept. of Social Development
    United States Catholic Conference

Tapatalk sent it.

I don't care about NETWORK just wanted to point out that they don't speak for the church.

It would be incorrect to label the USCCB as "Democrat" and "Liberal." They do support some political policies that are "liberal" and some that are very "conservative." Just look at the recent healthcare discussion. Look at the priests who refused communion to Pro-Choice politicians. They are neither Democrat nor Republican. They try to advocate for peace and respect for life, but are sometimes mistaken in their political stances on how to achieve those.

On gun control they would ultimately like to eliminate all guns (a little Polly-Anna). But at the same time recognize that killing in self defense is not murder. Yes, a little internally conflicted.

In short, YES, they're wrong on this issue. But calling them "Democrat" or "Liberal" is simply incorrect.
    Lynx Defense

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I don't care about NETWORK just wanted to point out that they don't speak for the church.

It would be incorrect to label the USCCB as "Democrat" and "Liberal." They do support some political policies that are "liberal" and some that are very "conservative." Just look at the recent healthcare discussion. Look at the priests who refused communion to Pro-Choice politicians. They are neither Democrat nor Republican. They try to advocate for peace and respect for life, but are sometimes mistaken in their political stances on how to achieve those.

On gun control they would ultimately like to eliminate all guns (a little Polly-Anna). But at the same time recognize that killing in self defense is not murder. Yes, a little internally conflicted.

In short, YES, they're wrong on this issue. But calling them "Democrat" or "Liberal" is simply incorrect.

Kinda like the ACLU but with a religious twist? (And I'm guessing different ideals)

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    I was wondering when someone was going to quote some drivel from that draft-dodging, drug addict, windbag.

You missed a golden opportunity to practice tolerance of someone with opposing views without calling them names. This, however, is typical of lefties.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Issa has conceded that there is no evidence of an administration cover up. Even so, the Republican House is desperately trying to make this into some kind of Watergate incident. The far-right talking heads are trying to make this a 2nd Amendment issue. This is all about rallying conservative votes for the upcoming election so there is a better turnout in November than there was in 2008. That is the political side of this issue. Both of these allegations are unsupported by the facts of the case. I predict that if the House does vote to hold Holder in contempt of Congress, he will resign even if the vote is strictly along party lines and Obama publicly supports him. Whether he had any direct knowledge of the operation beforehand or not, Holder is ultimately responsible for the outcome.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    I BEG your pardon! My intolerance was directed at Rush Limbaugh. I do not have any respect for anyone who refused to serve in the defense of our nation and its Constitution when called on to do so yet is so outspoken about defending Constitutional principals. Rush is a coward who talks the talk but refused to walk the walk. I think his is an extremist message of divisive intolerance and hate in a time when we need to come together for the betterment of all and the future of our democratic republic.

If anyone here feels that I have personally insulted them then sound off. I can get abrasive when folks start poking at me and not my argument, and I do argue with passion, but I did not intend to insult anyone who argued my points with opposing opinions.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I BEG your pardon! My intolerance was directed at Rush Limbaugh. I do not have any respect for anyone who refused to serve in the defense of our nation and its Constitution when called on to do so yet is so outspoken about defending Constitutional principals. Rush is a coward who talks the talk but refused to walk the walk. I think his is an extremist message of divisive intolerance and hate in a time when we need to come together for the betterment of all and the future of our democratic republic.

If anyone here feels that I have personally insulted them then sound off. I can get abrasive when folks start poking at me and not my argument, and I do argue with passion, but I did not intend to insult anyone who argued my points with opposing opinions.

Lol, have you ever actually listened to him?

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    ...I think his is an extremist message of divisive intolerance and hate in a time when we need to come together for the betterment of all and the future of our democratic republic.

You realize that description of Rush is more applicable to Obama or Sharpton, or Wright, or Jackson???

We do need to come together. But not to the liberal side of the fence.

I find it funny how those that preach tolerance and diversity are for neither.

Tapatalk sent it.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Yes, I have listened to Rush on occasion, and read many quotes attributed to him over the years. I don't necessarily disagree with everything he says, just what he stands for...extremism...

And then there is the issue of his managing to get a pass from serving in the military when called because of a pimple on his ass...That is an insult to all who didn't want to go but still answered the call and served honorably...and especially to those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Then there is his slamming drug addicts and calling for harsher penalties at the same time he was himself a drug addict, yet when he got busted, he cried for mercy and forgiveness...the same mercy and forgiveness that he would deny others in the same situation.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Issa has conceded that there is no evidence of an administration cover up. Even so, the Republican House is desperately trying to make this into some kind of Watergate incident. The far-right talking heads are trying to make this a 2nd Amendment issue. This is all about rallying conservative votes for the upcoming election so there is a better turnout in November than there was in 2008.

Did you watch the several videos I posted in this thread? And I don't think the Republicans are "desperately" trying to do anything, except get to the bottom of the story. They may not have concrete evidence, but that is because the concrete evidence is being held by Executive Privilege. If there's nothing to hide, let's see it. It is owed to the entire country, not just the republican party. If there is nothing to hide, they why are they hiding something. THAT is where the conspiracy "theories" start rolling in. As far as I am concerned this is a 2nd Amendment issue. Again, watch the videos. Especially this one:

Eric Holder "Brainwash People" about Guns - YouTube

And then try to tell me that Eric Holder doesn't have an anti gun agenda. So yes, this is a 2nd Amendment issue. Seems like you are the one "desparately" trying to figure out a way to justify their crimes. Why? I have no idea. Are you related to these people are something? Or are you an Obama supporter that just refuses to admit their leader isn't nearly as great as you once believed. It's ok, half the country was brainwashed back in 08', it is excusable to an extent. But continuing to delude yourself is just downright insanity.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    ... Shhhhh! Down in front.....

HA! Funny...Yeah man I'm just genuinely trying to understand the opposing viewpoints. We can't truly say we've looked at a situation with an objective mind unless we have listened to the other side's arguments, taken them into consideration, and made our own judgement based on BOTH sides viewpoints. And that goes for any subject of debate.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    If I'm forced to choose between Democrat and Republican the choice is obvious
    Well i look at it this way. first off it SUCKS having to choose between the D's and the R's as both have shown numerous times to be out for themselves!! BUT as i research the various BROKE/BANKRUPT/ILLEGAL SAFE HAVEN STATES/CITIES, I find Hmmmmmm they seem to be run by a majority of/if not all Democrats!! So my conclusion for the state i wanted to live in was..... if you want to live in a BROKE/BANKRUPT/ILLEGAL SAFE HAVEN STATE/CITY pic a Democrat/Libterd run one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yes, I have listened to Rush on occasion, and read many quotes attributed to him over the years. I don't necessarily disagree with everything he says, just what he stands for...extremism...

And then there is the issue of his managing to get a pass from serving in the military when called because of a pimple on his ass...That is an insult to all who didn't want to go but still answered the call and served honorably...and especially to those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Then there is his slamming drug addicts and calling for harsher penalties at the same time he was himself a drug addict, yet when he got busted, he cried for mercy and forgiveness...the same mercy and forgiveness that he would deny others in the same situation.

I can't fault him for dodging the draft. Conscription is immoral, it's evil. It's slavery. I can't believe anybody would support forcing supposedly free men to pick up a gun and go out to kill or be killed.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I have a solution...get rid of the ATF and we will never have this divisiveness bringing us apart again.

Yeah if it were only that easy. I noticed as soon as these celebrities started their Bush bashing campaign, not only has the country been more and more divided, but over time, people who have taken a far left position, either deliberately or inadvertently, end up trying to justify some of the same behavior they crucified Bush for just a few years back. The fact that so many lefties are scrambling to try and defend Holder and Obama is utterly ridiculous, because they have nothing. Then they claim Issa is trying to hold Holder in contempt on a "conspiracy theory unsupported by facts" (when in fact Issa is only requesting the facts be presented, nothing more at this point. And if it is clearly discovered that crime was committed, well hell yeah it's time to start punishing the crooks. As far as I am concerned an offense has already clearly been committed, purgery), but most of them are the same people who are using their "conspiracy theories" to form hypotheses, hypotheses that are supported by nothing but speculation, to form opinions they use to say George Zimmerman should be locked up. There's no COMPELLING incriminating facts supporting that case, is there? See a pattern of double standards here?

NOTE: I am not mentioning the GZ case to divert the topic, only to show the hypocrisy demonstrated by the typical leftist. They will oppose something when it's convenient for them, and support it the same. The minute the tables are turned, their ideals and opinions are turned too.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    I can't fault him for dodging the draft. Conscription is immoral, it's evil. It's slavery. I can't believe anybody would support forcing supposedly free men to pick up a gun and go out to kill or be killed.

I do respect your opinion on the military draft although sometimes it is necessary. It is not Rush's draft-dodging that bothers me as much as his denial and holier-than-thou posturing when he is rambling on about defending the Constitution now when he refused to defend it when he was called. And, even though I did not support John Kerry, I really had a problem with Rush questioning Kerry's Navy service in the Vietnam War during the 2004 election campaign...that was an insult to anyone who served during that war and he has not earned the right to question anyone's military service.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I do respect your opinion on the military draft although sometimes it is necessary. It is not Rush's draft-dodging that bothers me as much as his denial and holier-than-thou posturing when he is rambling on about defending the Constitution now when he refused to defend it when he was called. And, even though I did not support John Kerry, I really had a problem with Rush questioning Kerry's Navy service in the Vietnam War during the 2004 election campaign...that was an insult to anyone who served during that war and he has not earned the right to question anyone's military service.
    WRONG! This is the USA, and there's no requirement that you serve in the military and be honorably discharged before you can question someone running for any political position that has served in the military. They are campaigning because they want to 'serve' the people, they shall be questioned by the people.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park

How is fighting in Vietnam, Korea, or several other conflicts we've been involved in over the years the only way for someone to fight for our Constitution? Did women fight for their rights by going to some foreign war? Do we as gun owners fight for our second amendment rights by supporting some other country's claim for independence?

I'm pretty sure that none of those wars were fought in defense of the U.S. Constitution. I'm not bashing those that served or saying there never was or will be a foreign conflict where we should intervene. My point is that serving in the military isn't the only way to help defend our Constitution. I wouldn't even say I'm a Rush Limbaugh fan...I hardly ever have listened to him. He does have every right to criticize or analyze any elected official.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston

I didn't see that but I'll take your word for it. And if it happened the way you said, (I wonder if he was just "questioning" or "criticizing") that is pure hypocrisy. There are plenty of Republican hypocrites. But the issue at hand here is not a Republican/Democrat issue.

It is not even a political issue, it is a moral issue, which has turned into a political issue, the minute the United States Attorney General started contradicting themselves in front of the entire world, and then literally playing dumb (and in the process,calling every truth seeking American a brainless idiot, something I think one would have to be to GENUINELY believe what they are saying. As if we are REALLY supposed to believe that the email that had the words "fast and furious" were about some total other operation...yeah ok hahahaha...that's funny actually...it always had me so disgusted, I never stopped and thought about how truly comical that thought actually is....) as if we have all lost our minds, then ultimately flat out denies to share information that is all of our rights to know.

They can turn over documents while keeping special agents in the field's name confidential, we want to know Eric Holder and every ATF supervisor who facilitated the operation, WHY they did it, and what went wrong. So that justice can be served, closure can be achieved, and mistakes can be learned from. This stonewalling just in itself is hazardous. But the fact that potentially VITAL information could be being withheld, to cover something up (what, we don't know what it is yet, but something is definitely being kept secret), is by far inexcusable.

Our gov. having as much power as they do now, should have never happened to begin with. It started long before Obama but it needs to stop before it gets REALLY out of hand. Them trying to take our guns, is not just some legendary start of a revolution, that is an insane concept today, it just happened a few weeks ago in Venezuela. That is a REALLY dangerous state. The government can not be this determined to take our guns for any good reason.

And if that is not what they are trying to do, they need to accept the fact that that is the general perception, and come clean, show the documents that Congress is requesting, and give us some peace of mind. The 2nd Amendment is there for a reason, and it is not something that is there to be undermined. Unfortunately, I have no reason to believe anything but bad intentions are coming out of Washington D.C. these days. Bad intentions not only for foreign countries, but for us here at home, just the same.

Top Bottom