Lynx Defense

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    A Man DIED due to that bad decision!!!!!!!Y

Well Skeeter, a man dying is bad enough in itself. But it goes much deeper than that. More than one man died. Hundreds of people are dead. That is crossing the line from a botched operation that was 100% illegal and had nothing but the most Anti American of intentions from the beginning, to downright atrocities and crimes against humanity. We're talking mass casualties here.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    The point is not about Bush, it is about Republican hypocrisy. Good people die every day due to bad decisions made in good faith...However, speaking about Bush, how do you reconcile the 4,800 brave young American men and women KIA in Iraq because of a bad decision by Bush based on lies from underlings? Who was held accountable for that mess? Do you really want to go there?

You know what, I just had an epiphany. You're totally right. This has nothing to do with Eric Holder and the Obama administration. Especially not that video I posted a few minutes ago. This is, now that you mention it, all the Republicans' fault. How could I have not seen this before? Must be a victim of brainwashing in this political witch hunt that is clearly being orchestrated, not to get to the bottom of a truly devastatingly failed, ILLEGAL operation, and possibly give the families of the victimS some closure, or some answers at least. This is a pure mudslinging campaign, with the intentions of nothing more than destroying Holder's and Obama's name. I mean, how could Holder possibly be lying here? Here, I posted the link of the video, again, the video that I initially thought was Holder LYING even when he knew he was caught, but now realize it is nothing more than a rightist political witch hunt. Here's that folly of a video, again:

Holder Lies Under Oath: e-mails Containing Words Fast & Furious Don't Refer to Case! - YouTube

So I guess now we can get to the real topic. The main topic of this thread. Iraq. LMAO. That was a joke, just a jokie joke.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    G'head. Call me a racist - I'm not. Call me a Republican - I'm not. Call me a right-wing extremist - I'm not. What I am is correct about everything I said above. The fact that I (and others) can sit here and talk about FnF using facts and you have to rebut with personal attacks and straw men tells us everything we need to know.

+1

Well Skeeter, a man dying is bad enough in itself. But it goes much deeper than that. More than one man died. Hundreds of people are dead. That is crossing the line from a botched operation that was 100% illegal and had nothing but the most Anti American of intentions from the beginning, to downright atrocities and crimes against humanity. We're talking mass casualties here.

And to quote Rush Limbaugh, the following I agree 100% with:

The purpose of this was to gin up anti-Amendment 2 sentiment among the people of this country. The objective was -- and this is where the irony steps in -- the objective was to have news stories where everybody was shocked and stunned and saddened, guns purchased by drug cartel members in America. Look how easy it was, end up in Mexico, owned by violent drug gangs, and used in the commission of heinous crimes. Why, our gun laws are too lax. The sentiment in this country among the people is to maintain the Second Amendment. The America people don't want, by a vast majority, any gun control legislation. But that doesn't matter to people like President Kardashian or Eric Holder or any of the Democrat Party or the left.

They don't want you to have guns, and so it doesn't matter about the Constitution and it doesn't matter about the will of the American people. If they don't want you to have guns they're gonna try to find a way to make sure that you don't. And that's what Fast and Furious was, as simply put as I can make it. Obama has dragged this on for years. He has never had any intention to cooperate, nor has Holder. It was the arming of violent gangs in Mexico with American weapons purchased in American gun stores resulting in the death of scores of people. Obama has never explained the details of what occurred to anybody, not the media, not investigators, not Congress. He is the head of the executive branch, so he asserts executive privilege. Meanwhile, he pretends that he knew nothing, but he's trying to protect himself.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Interesting comment considering the Republican refusal to hold the last president accountable...

And, yeah, I spent a lot of years in the US Navy and anyone who has served knows that decisions are made above your rank, and sometimes shit happens and good people get hurt as a result.

Now, putting your political biases aside, what is justice here? Holder is done. The House Republicans need to move on and get to the business of governing.

Political bias? Did I once mention a particular party or candidate? Since I don't believe the president should get away with his involvement I must automatically be a republican right? Just because I dislike Obama doesn't mean I necessarily approve of every other president's actions or any other candidate's entire platform.

I believe the whole plan was implemented in an attempt to push through more anti-gun legislature and as a gun enthusiast and advocate, I'm not willing to just let it slide. You may be okay tolerating incompetence and underhanded ploys amongst your employees but not all of us are going to shrug it off.

You're entitled to your opinions but I'm not sure I understand why you're on a gun forum when you're so obviously biased against gun rights.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I never have been too fond of Romney but Obama is making me like him more and more every day. I think Romney is the last hope for this nation, and even he can't be trusted. If and when he gets elected he needs to be reminded every single day he is in office who he works for.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    And, yeah, I spent a lot of years in the US Navy and anyone who has served knows that decisions are made above your rank, and sometimes shit happens and good people get hurt as a result.

A: They are not "above" my or your grade. We are their bosses.

B: Several hundred dead Mexicans is "shit happens?" Wow.

Ya wanna know if I am a gun enthusiast? And you are questioning this because we do not agree on political issues? How naive! Show up at the Houston shoot next weekend and see...

And, I gave up on posting on the politics because of things like you just posted...personal attacks and not discussing the points.

However, if ya'll want, I will stop participating and you folks can just go on agreeing with each other and never having to really discuss and defend your opinions. Makes no difference to me.

Peace, out

You haven't made a point. You've just come in with your whining about Republicans and vast right wing conspiracies trying to keep the black man down. Your first post made clear that you thought anybody who disagreed was in lockstep with some hard right that honestly doesn't even exist in this country.

It's people like you that have driven me away from politics. People who refuse to see the truth when presented. People who will lie to themselves so that their belief system won't be shaken up.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    It's people like you that have driven me away from politics. People who refuse to see the truth when presented. People who will lie to themselves so that their belief system won't be shaken up.

This is why providing facts to liberals is like showing a crucifix to Dracula. Believers in Al Gore's global warming farce run when faced with facts. I love it myself. Present the undeniable facts, watch non-fact based people meltdown (no pun intended), and you end up with a number of converts who see the truth as presented.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Haha, Range Day on the 30th is gonna get rowdy! No politics talk at lunch! Lol.

When I discuss politics, I get on my soapbox and discuss politics...when I shoot, I focus on trying to make all my bullets go into one little hole...can't do both at the same time. Besides, I learned a long time ago that most good folks are usually far more civil discussing political and social issues face-to-face than on discussion forums.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Political bias? Did I once mention a particular party or candidate? Since I don't believe the president should get away with his involvement I must automatically be a republican right? Just because I dislike Obama doesn't mean I necessarily approve of every other president's actions or any other candidate's entire platform.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..............

I believe the whole plan was implemented in an attempt to push through more anti-gun legislature and as a gun enthusiast and advocate, I'm not willing to just let it slide. You may be okay tolerating incompetence and underhanded ploys amongst your employees but not all of us are going to shrug it off.

You're entitled to your opinions but I'm not sure I understand why you're on a gun forum when you're so obviously biased against gun rights.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. I believe that this operation was exactly what it appears to have been, an attempt to fight the flow of weapons from this country to Mexico by identifying all the players and trying to bring them all down and not just the dumb smucks doing the straw purchases. It was a stupid plan that went wrong with tragic results. Trying claim that this is all part of some mythical Democrat gun control conspiricy is really reaching way out there in la-la land...

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. "

I can buy that maybe the gun walking was a huge bonehead plan and not political, but the coverup afterwards wasn't. It was definitely intentional.

I thought a good chunk of Bush's actions were unconstitutional, but Obama has taken it to a new level.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston

I think it's more along the lines of people who supported Obama in 08 not wanting to admit just how tragically wrong they were in doing that. And I have re-read every single post in this thread, just to be sure of myself before I say this, there is no political bias in this thread, and there is nothing politically biased about trying to get to the bottom of an all out massacre. A massacre that was facilitated for one reason and one reason only, to trample on the 2nd Amendment. I can't see how anyone can possibly deny that. Eric Holder has been quoted as saying, "we just need to 'brainwash' the public into hating guns". And then this happens. Its like, if you didn't see thru him before, he's 100% transparent now, and tragically, people had to die for that to be seen. Any government that wants to take all the power to D.C. is bad news, that is a pretty simple rule of thumb to live by, politically.

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    I do not think FF has been swept under the rug. I think that questions were asked and answered, and the House Republicans did not get the answers they wanted, and they need to keep this diversion in the news to keep us from looking too hard at their candidate and lack of platform.

Every effort by the administration and DOJ/ATF has been to sweep this under the rug. The ONLY reasons for this being in the public eye are agency whistle blowers, conservative bloggers and "citizen journalists" and a few Republican Congressman and Senators. If those House Republicans weren't staying after it, this would have all been swept under the run a year before the election so that everyone would have had time to ignore it since it received almost no major media coverage.

This whole FF program was FUBAR from the beginning. It was ill conceived and poorly implemented and carried out, and those directly responsible have paid the price.

Yeah, those in the ATF that were directly controlling it have either been promoted or moved on to bigger and better things such as being Dean at a nice leftist University because they have shown so much character in their government work. The investigation has been going on for over 18 months and no one has been fired/demoted/suspended/etc at all and the internal DOJ investigation won't have anything to report till after the election in Nov....how convenient.

I believe that this operation was exactly what it appears to have been, an attempt to fight the flow of weapons from this country to Mexico by identifying all the players and trying to bring them all down and not just the dumb smucks doing the straw purchases. It was a stupid plan that went wrong with tragic results. Trying claim that this is all part of some mythical Democrat gun control conspiricy is really reaching way out there in la-la land...

Good boy, you are being a proper little sheep and "believing" what they want you to believe. Don't let any facts get in the way of your belief (you sure it isn't just feelings?) such as the fact that no tracking devices were used on the guns, Mexican authorities were never informed much less asked to be involved, Agents were repeatedly told to stand down or stop following when requesting authorization to interdict as they knew the guns were about to get "into the wild", Agents being told to get with the program and threatened when raising complaints with superiors about the fact that guns were being allowed to be "lost" and the fact that these guns would absolutely be showing up at murder scenes or the fact that as guns were being reported at murder scenes in Mexico the ATF officials were excited about the results the were seeing and discussing via email how to use the reports to back a push for "demand letter 3" requiring that border state FFL dealers would have to report multiple sales of any rifles over .22 that have detachable mags.

Oh and just to that you can feel extra proud, know that your tax dollars were directly involved in this entire "stupid plan" as additional funding was provided through $10million from the stimulus plan.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..............

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. I believe that this operation was exactly what it appears to have been, an attempt to fight the flow of weapons from this country to Mexico by identifying all the players and trying to bring them all down and not just the dumb smucks doing the straw purchases. It was a stupid plan that went wrong with tragic results. Trying claim that this is all part of some mythical Democrat gun control conspiricy is really reaching way out there in la-la land...

Democrat gun control is not myth.
    Here's a list of known anti gun orgs. How many republican groups do you see???
    All I see is Democrat and Liberal

AARP
    AFL-CIO
    Ambulatory Pediatric Association
    American Academy of Pediatrics
    American Civil Liberties Union
    American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing
    American Medical Women`s Association
    American Medical Student Association
    American Medical Association
    American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
    American Trauma Society
    American Federation of Teachers
    American Association of School Administrators
    American Alliance for Rights and Responsibilities
    American Medical Association
    American Bar Association
    American Counseling Association
    American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
    American Academy of Pediatrics
    American Association for World Health
    American Ethical Union
    American Nurses Association
    American Association of Neurological Surgeons
    American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
    American Firearms Association
    American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
    American Jewish Committee
    American Trauma Society
    American Psychological Association
    American Jewish Congress
    American Public Health Association
    Americans for Democratic Action
    Anti-Defamation League
    Black Mental Health Alliance
    B`nai B`rith
    Central Conference of American Rabbis
    Children`s Defense Fund
    Church of the Brethren
    Coalition for Peace Action
    Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
    College Democrats of America
    Committee for the Study of Handgun Misuse & World Peace
    Common Cause
    Congress of National Black Churches, Inc.
    Congress of Neurological Surgeons
    Consumer Federation of America
    Council of the Great City Schools
    Council of Chief State School Officers
    Dehere Foundation
    Disarm Educational Fund
    Environmental Action Foundation
    Episcopal Church-Washington Office
    Florence and John Shumann Foundation
    Friends Committee on National Legislation
    General Federation of Women`s Clubs
    George Gund Fun
    Gray Panthers
    H.M. Strong Foundation
    Hadassah
    Harris Foundation
    Hechinger Foundation
    Interfaith Neighbors
    Int`l Ladies` Garment Workers` Union
    Int`l Association of Educators for World Peace
    Jewish Labor Committee
    Joyce Foundation
    Lauder Foundation
    Lawrence Foundation
    League of Women Voters of the United States*
    Lutheran Office for Governmental Affairs, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
    Manhattan Project II
    Mennonite Central Committee-Washington Office
    National Safe Kids Campaign
    National Association of Police Organizations
    National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
    National Black Nurses` Association
    National Association of Chain Drug Stores
    National Network for Youth
    National Assembly of National Voluntary Health & Social Welfare Organizations
    National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
    National Association of School Psychologists
    National Association of Counties*
    National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates & Practitioners
    National Association of School Safety and Law Enforcement Officers
    National Education Association
    National Association of Elementary School Principals*
    National Association of Public Hospitals
    National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
    National Association of Secondary School Principals
    National Association of Social Workers
    National Association of Children`s Hospitals and Related Institutions
    National Association of School Psychologists
    National Council of La Raza
    National Center to Rehabilitate Violent Youth
    National Commission for Economic Conversion & Disarmament
    National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA
    National Council of Negro Women
    National Association of Community Health Centers
    National People`s Action
    National Education Association*
    National League of Cities
    National Council on Family Relations
    National Council of Jewish Women
    National Organization for Women
    National Political Congress of Black Women
    National Parks and Conservation Association
    National Peace Foundation
    National Urban League, Inc.
    National Parent, Teachers Association*
    National Urban Coalition
    National SAFE KIDS Campaign
    National Organization on Disability
    National Spinal Cord Injury Association
    NETWORK: A National Catholic Social Justice Lobby
    Ortenberg Foundation
    Peace Action
    People for the American Way
    Physicians for Social Responsibility
    Police Foundation
    Project on Demilitarization and Democracy
    Public Citizen
    SaferWorld
    Society of Critical Care Medicine
    Southern Christian Leadership Conference
    The Council of the Great City Schools
    The Synergetic Society
    20/20 Vision
    U.S. Catholic Conference, Dept. of Social Development
    Union of American Hebrew Congregations
    Unitarian Universalist Association
    United States Catholic Conference
    United Methodist Church, General Board & Church Society
    United Church of Christ, Office for Church in Society*
    United States Conference of Mayors
    War and Peace Foundation
    Women Strike for Peace
    Women`s National Democratic Club
    Women`s Action for New Directions (WAND)
    Women`s Int`l League for Peace and Freedom
    World Spiritual Assembly, Inc.
    YWCA of the U.S.A.

Tapatalk sent it.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    First of all, am I the only one impressed by the list scap provided using Tapatalk? Regardless of whether he typed or copy and pasted them...that couldn't be fun to do on a mobile device. :)

As for skinman, you're obviously just one of those people that can't be reasoned with. You've closed your mind off to any objections and just scream political bias as you blatantly reveal your own bias. I'm sure its frustrating having to continually try to bend those pesky facts to fit your beliefs.

Regardless of what you may believe, I'm not republican and I'm also not a democrat. I'm not a racist or some religious zealot. I'm an American who thinks we should hold our elected officials to a higher standard and stop letting them get away with so many horrible decisions or mistakes. But I give up trying to reason with you since you already have your mind made up. I could spout off all of the issues I have with both parties or travesties like the Patriot Act and I'm sure you would still say I quack like a duck when I'm really barking.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Yeah it was cut and paste from NRA ILA. It was tedious, but I felt strongly enough to post it.

I'm not affiliated to any political party. They all suck.
    That said, I see more leftists trying to control my every movement, thought, feeling, etc etc etc than those on the right side of the aisle.

Tapatalk sent it.

Top Bottom